• 1600-1700

6 14.63%
  • 1450-1700

4 9.76%
  • 1800-1870

3 7.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Imperium Total War(Still in Develpment)

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Imperium Total War(Still in Develpment)

progress halted till the release of MKTW on Attila total war engine ,
    I Came,I Saw I Partially Differentiate

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by M.A.E View Post
    progress halted till the release of MKTW on Attila total war engine ,
    Will you be porting your mod to Attila, or porting the MKTW models to Medieval 2?
    If you're doing it in Attila, its just a suggestion but have you thought about perhaps just doing a series of historical battles based on the decisive battles of the era like Agincourt and stuff? Either a campaign made up of historical battles, or separate ones from across the entire era.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Ricci Total War mod (Wip)

Does they exist Historically in 1500-1700 time-frame ? , if not i can add them as client Faction for Ottoman Empire... who knows there is 3 factions slot Available
    let Me Know your thoughts..,
    Hmm surely you did a bit of research for your mod before you started to select factions including a map of the world/europe at 1500. Some of these things are just a google search away.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

work is halted till the release of MKtw on Atilla engine i may consider Porting my mod as a Submod on Atilla Engine

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Note: The Work on M2tw Engine is Halted till the release of MKTW on Attila Engine then maybe adding this as a Submod on Medieval Kingdoms as 1400-1600 Submod

I have A Fair Handling of Attila Engine and i Can make a Submod on Attila Engine as Most of my supporters outside and inside TOtal war Centre see M2tw as an old Memory and get enough of repeating it, However i may start test Current Troops Build by making Battles Pack of Some Major Scenes and try to Make some Ships Models
    Last edited by Frunk; February 26, 2018 at 02:55 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

supporters outside and inside TOtal war Centre see M2tw as an old Memory and get enough of repeating it
    I'd like to have a chat with those supporters of yours who consider the best TW game of the series an old memory despite the huge modding community that has been leading the other TW modding communities for years .

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    I'd like to have a chat with those supporters of yours who consider the best TW game of the series an old memory despite the huge modding community that has been leading the other TW modding communities for years .
    M2tw has a lot of modding cabability but most of the realism in 1400-1700 can be integrated in Attila Engine, Mu mod focused on Politics no Art no Units iso i will rebuild my scripts and put it as a submod to Medieval kingdoms mod, it will take long but it will be massive -maybe for a bit of entertain i can make a sequel of custom battles with cut scene as Alexander the great or Naplean TW Custom battles sequel,But The Best Start Would Be the 100's Years War.

KmanBEAST's Avatar Civis

There are enough mods that take place in the 1400s, and not enough that take place in the 1500s, the 1600s, the 1700s, or the 1800s. I think those would be better time periods to explore rather than the 15th century (1400s) again.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by KmanBEAST View Post
    There are enough mods that take place in the 1400s, and not enough that take place in the 1500s, the 1600s, the 1700s, or the 1800s. I think those would be better time periods to explore rather than the 15th century (1400s) again.
    i personally would love the victorian era mod but the 1500-1700 period is a good time frame too specially 1580AD

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Metal.Pigeon's Avatar Decanus

Just discovered this, hope you're still working on it.

Coincidentally, I'm also making 16th-century European units for two other mods I'm working on using some assets from The Italian Wars. If you need any unit models, I'd be glad to lend them to you:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    P.S.: I too would like 1400 to 1700, because I'd love to restore Rome to its former glory.

Mod leader of One Ruler on Earth | Unit modeler for Colonies & Empires

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Metal.Pigeon View Post
    Just discovered this, hope you're still working on it.

Coincidentally, I'm also making 16th-century European units for two other mods I'm working on using some assets from The Italian Wars. If you need any unit models, I'd be glad to lend them to you:
    P.S.: I too would like 1400 to 1700, because I'd love to restore Rome to its former glory.

Ooh Really ?!.... i was holding this mod off bec i only made some scripts for the mentioned at later posts,but i was too busy to make units if you just help me in Creating the units or Just Imports some units for the Testing release it would be very appreciated

P.S: I love scripting than 3d models and unit creation and love to restore roman empire too and may include a nice script on that thou

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

okay Gentlemen ! This Mod is a live and Start Working ...The Starting Date is 1453AD, The Byzantium Empire will be in ... But Have A Massive Ottoman Armies at he Gates of Constantinople that way we Enjoy Renaissance and Restoring Rome to Romans while Keeping Our Historian Chief Happy ....Please refer to the New Factions List(some are not pretty Accurate to the Timeline but pretty sure at 1400-1500 time-frame)...Support The Mod by Contributing to it in Units,Art,Graphics,Scripts,Sharing ... We Only Accept That .... if you can Help why not P.M me ?

Now that I'm kind of a part of the team, I guess I'll make my first meaningful post.

Naturally, since the Roman Empire historically collapsed in 1453 (when the mod begins), a good part of their roster will have to be hypothetical. Still, as a die-hard Roman fan, I want them to maintain a unique style throughout the course of the campaign. Their roster will contain both accurate 15th century units as well as some fictional units to pad them out in the 1500s and 1600s.
    Levies:
    -Akolouthoi (Spear/Shield): Standard spear unit.
    -Toxotae (Archers): Standard archer unit.
    -Akontistae (Javelimen): Standard javelin unit.

Militias:
    -Kastrophylakes (Sword/Shield): A better-equipped unit by militia standards. Historically, they were part of provincial garrisons as border guards and peacekeepers within the empire.
    -Akritae (Javelin Cavalry): A mounted skirmisher unit. The akritae were a light skirmishing unit that guarded the borders of the empire.

Professional (1400s):
    -Skutatoi (Spear/Shield): A professional spear unit and the backbone of the Roman army.
    -Spathatoi (Sword/Shield): The swordsman equivalent of the skutatoi.
    -Menaulatoi (2h Spearmen): A professional spear unit that's very good from the front, but more vulnerable to flanking and missile fire than their counterparts.
    -Peltastae (Javelinmen): A nice skirmisher unit that won't be too bad in melee.
    -Mourtatoi (Archers): A professional archer unit that will be more abundant than Western European equivalents.
    -Tzakones (Crossbowmen): A professional crossbow unit. This name was used to refer to crossbowmen during the medieval era.
    -Ippotoxotae (Archer Cavalry): A professional horse archer unit.
    -Stradiotae (Light Cavalry): Professional light cavalry that will be able to chase down horse archers.
    -Kavalarii (Medium Cavalry): Heavier cavalry that won't be able to chase down horse archers, but fares better in melee.
    -Pyrovolites (Hand Gunners): A low-tier gunpowder unit.
    -Ballistae
    -Trebuchets
    -Bombards
    -Mortars

Elite (1400s):
    -Spatharioi tou Vasileos (Sword/Shield): The personal guard of the emperor.
    -Varrangoi (2h Axemen): Heavy shock infantry. While the Varangian Guard was largely disbanded by this point, it is known that their descendants helped defend Constantinople in 1453.
    -Siphonatores (Flamethrowers): Flamethrowers. I'm not really sure if the Romans still had the recipe for Greek fire by this point, but why not?
    -Pronoiarii (Heavy Cavalry): Heavy shock cavalry and the Roman answer to knights. The Roman pronoia system is similar to Western European feudalism.

And now for the made-up stuff. They are meant to keep the Romans viable as the campaign progresses, but their late-game roster is meant to be a bit more limited than the other Europeans.

Professional (1500s):
    -Kontaratoi (Pikemen): A professional pike unit. The kontaratoi were Roman pikemen that fell out of use well before the 1400s, but given the trend of European armies by this time, I think it would be reasonable for them to make a comeback.
    -Alammanoi (2h Swordsmen): Professional zweihander infantry. The alammanoi were German mercenaries fighting for the Romans. They never used zweihanders in real life because the empire collapsed before they were used, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch. Plus, they're in the Crusades expansion.
    -Sagittarii (Archers): Professional archers with heavier armour than their predecessors. The sagittarii were foreign archers used by the Romans a bit before the 5th century. I think the name is cool.
    -Ballistarii (Arbalesters): Professional arbalesters with pavise shields on their backs. This name was used to refer to crossbowmen in earlier centuries.
    -Gasmuloi (Arquebusiers): Professional arquebusiers. The gasmuloi were Roman soldiers of mixed Italian and Greek descent that often chose to fight with Western European weapons.
    -Skythikon (Light Cavalry): Professional light cavalry. The skythikon were Asiatic mercenaries that were usually (but not always) horse archers.
    -Culverins: Will probably be the standard European cannon for the 1500s.
    -Ribauldequins: An Italian invention. It didn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Elite (1500s):
    -Hetaireia (Halberdiers): Elite halberdiers. The hetaireia were made up of foreigners and served as the Roman emperor's personal guard in earlier centuries. Halberds began to pick up as the "personal guard" weapon of choice by the 1500s.
    -Vardariotai (Archer Cavalry): Elite horse archers. They were made up (presumably) Magyar soldiers and were part of the Roman emperor's guard.
    -Skholae Palatinae (Heavy Cavalry): A super heavy cavalry unit. They were part of the emperor's guard in earlier centuries, but dissolved in the 1000s.

Professional (1600s):
    -Touphakyphoroi (Musketeers): A professional musketeer unit. They'll use more advanced firearms than the gasmuloi.
    -Grenadiers (name not final; grenadiers): A professional grenadier unit. The Romans did use incendiary grenades in earlier centuries.
    I'd like some feedback here, since the Romans are inevitably going to be a bit difficult to put together.

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Now that I'm kind of a part of the team, I guess I'll make my first meaningful post.

Naturally, since the Roman Empire historically collapsed in 1453 (when the mod begins), a good part of their roster will have to be hypothetical. Still, as a die-hard Roman fan, I want them to maintain a unique style throughout the course of the campaign. Their roster will contain both accurate 15th century units as well as some fictional units to pad them out in the 1500s and 1600s.
    Levies:
    -Akolouthoi (Spear/Shield): Standard spear unit.
    -Toxotae (Archers): Standard archer unit.
    -Akontistae (Javelimen): Standard javelin unit.

Militias:
    -Kastrophylakes (Sword/Shield): A better-equipped unit by militia standards. Historically, they were part of provincial garrisons as border guards and peacekeepers within the empire.
    -Akritae (Javelin Cavalry): A mounted skirmisher unit. The akritae were a light skirmishing unit that guarded the borders of the empire.

Professional (1400s):
    -Skutatoi (Spear/Shield): A professional spear unit and the backbone of the Roman army.
    -Spathatoi (Sword/Shield): The swordsman equivalent of the skutatoi.
    -Menaulatoi (2h Spearmen): A professional spear unit that's very good from the front, but more vulnerable to flanking and missile fire than their counterparts.
    -Peltastae (Javelinmen): A nice skirmisher unit that won't be too bad in melee.
    -Mourtatoi (Archers): A professional archer unit that will be more abundant than Western European equivalents.
    -Tzakones (Crossbowmen): A professional crossbow unit. This name was used to refer to crossbowmen during the medieval era.
    -Ippotoxotae (Archer Cavalry): A professional horse archer unit.
    -Stradiotae (Light Cavalry): Professional light cavalry that will be able to chase down horse archers.
    -Kavalarii (Medium Cavalry): Heavier cavalry that won't be able to chase down horse archers, but fares better in melee.
    -Pyrovolites (Hand Gunners): A low-tier gunpowder unit.
    -Ballistae
    -Trebuchets
    -Bombards
    -Mortars

Elite (1400s):
    -Spatharioi tou Vasileos (Sword/Shield): The personal guard of the emperor.
    -Varrangoi (2h Axemen): Heavy shock infantry. While the Varangian Guard was largely disbanded by this point, it is known that their descendants helped defend Constantinople in 1453.
    -Siphonatores (Flamethrowers): Flamethrowers. I'm not really sure if the Romans still had the recipe for Greek fire by this point, but why not?
    -Pronoiarii (Heavy Cavalry): Heavy shock cavalry and the Roman answer to knights. The Roman pronoia system is similar to Western European feudalism.

And now for the made-up stuff. They are meant to keep the Romans viable as the campaign progresses, but their late-game roster is meant to be a bit more limited than the other Europeans.

Professional (1500s):
    -Kontaratoi (Pikemen): A professional pike unit. The kontaratoi were Roman pikemen that fell out of use well before the 1400s, but given the trend of European armies by this time, I think it would be reasonable for them to make a comeback.
    -Alammanoi (2h Swordsmen): Professional zweihander infantry. The alammanoi were German mercenaries fighting for the Romans. They never used zweihanders in real life because the empire collapsed before they were used, but I don't think it's too much of a stretch. Plus, they're in the Crusades expansion.
    -Sagittarii (Archers): Professional archers with heavier armour than their predecessors. The sagittarii were foreign archers used by the Romans a bit before the 5th century. I think the name is cool.
    -Ballistarii (Arbalesters): Professional arbalesters with pavise shields on their backs. This name was used to refer to crossbowmen in earlier centuries.
    -Gasmuloi (Arquebusiers): Professional arquebusiers. The gasmuloi were Roman soldiers of mixed Italian and Greek descent that often chose to fight with Western European weapons.
    -Skythikon (Light Cavalry): Professional light cavalry. The skythikon were Asiatic mercenaries that were usually (but not always) horse archers.
    -Culverins: Will probably be the standard European cannon for the 1500s.
    -Ribauldequins: An Italian invention. It didn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Elite (1500s):
    -Hetaireia (Halberdiers): Elite halberdiers. The hetaireia were made up of foreigners and served as the Roman emperor's personal guard in earlier centuries. Halberds began to pick up as the "personal guard" weapon of choice by the 1500s.
    -Vardariotai (Archer Cavalry): Elite horse archers. They were made up (presumably) Magyar soldiers and were part of the Roman emperor's guard.
    -Skholae Palatinae (Heavy Cavalry): A super heavy cavalry unit. They were part of the emperor's guard in earlier centuries, but dissolved in the 1000s.

Professional (1600s):
    -Touphakyphoroi (Musketeers): A professional musketeer unit. They'll use more advanced firearms than the gasmuloi.
    -Grenadiers (name not final; grenadiers): A professional grenadier unit. The Romans did use incendiary grenades in earlier centuries.
    I'd like some feedback here, since the Romans are inevitably going to be a bit difficult to put together.
    Totally Approved about this , but what is a Ribauldequins
    and how about the balkans levies for the romans ?

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

and i have another Poll what about making this as a submod to mk 1212AD as a 1400-1600AD it will be much of easier to represent the scripts i am working on and hello ! it will be much easier,faster,detailed work.
    thoughts guys ?

Ribauldequin seems to be the more period-appropriate term for ribaults, which are in vanilla. Maybe we can have a Balkan levy unit as AoR?

No offense or anything, but I probably wouldn't be able to help much if you moved to Attila. Most of what I'm making is stuff that I already plan on using in my mods, and I prefer the M2TW engine. Plus, I don't know anything about modding other Total War games (aside from Rome, I guess).

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Ribauldequin seems to be the more period-appropriate term for ribaults, which are in vanilla. Maybe we can have a Balkan levy unit as AoR?

No offense or anything, but I probably wouldn't be able to help much if you moved to Attila. Most of what I'm making is stuff that I already plan on using in my mods, and I prefer the M2TW engine. Plus, I don't know anything about modding other Total War games (aside from Rome, I guess).
    okay your Argument is noted,but did you tried Mk1212AD newiest release it is very near to complete rosters which i can make my scripts as a submod on steam and upload it with autosync .. it is just more user-wise game ..wtf ! you have a family tree which can feel more dynamic than mid2tw at the 1453-1600s

The Starting Date is 1453AD, The Byzantium Empire will be in
    I would argue against this.

Make the start date just after Constantinople falls.

This mod is apparently for the period 1453-1700, so why include the Roman Empire into a timeline it does not belong?

M.A.E's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Mamlaz View Post
    I would argue against this.

Make the start date just after Constantinople falls.

This mod is apparently for the period 1453-1700, so why include the Roman Empire into a timeline it does not belong?
    The Idea is To start with Byzantium defending the Last Major City of Constantinople vs Ottoman Seiging Army thus making a chance of Altenative History,and it is fun to begin with byzantium turn one 3vs3 stacks

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast