Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug and CTD reports

GrandViZ's Avatar Domesticus

Default Bug and CTD reports

Please commit your bug and CTD reports here.
    Creator of the Ultimate AI
    Co-Author of Broken Crescent

Under the Patronage of Trajan

Default Re: Bug and CTD reports

Ok version 8 works just fine with map mods, 7 still doesn't but im happy now =)
    Last edited by Dekent; January 04, 2007 at 02:15 AM.

I'm playing the game with the Byzantine Empire, and the Turks are making alliances with catholic nations and even Russia, didn't you block that option?

Quote Originally Posted by Lmagus View Post
    I'm playing the game with the Byzantine Empire, and the Turks are making alliances with catholic nations and even Russia, didn't you block that option?
    Sounds like you didn't change the AI labels in the descr_strat.txt.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandViZ View Post
    Sounds like you didn't change the AI labels in the descr_strat.txt.
    Oops ^_^

I'm using an old version of UAI, don't remember which version it was (0.5 maybe), and I slightly modified it.

I've got sometimes a fatal crash (switching off my laptop !), could you explain me please what caused CTD's in your versions of UAI and how you fixed it. I didn't find these details in the forum. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    I'm using an old version of UAI, don't remember which version it was (0.5 maybe), and I slightly modified it.

I've got sometimes a fatal crash (switching off my laptop !), could you explain me please what caused CTD's in your versions of UAI and how you fixed it. I didn't find these details in the forum. Thanks.
    Sorry, but I don't have the time to support v0.5 anymore.

I am having a CTD in the year 1274. Everytime the Danes get their turn the screen goes black and I have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get back to desktop.
    I am playing as Venice and I am using several other mods with Ultimate AI 1.0 like the latest VnV fix by Orientis and Darth Formations 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by King Sakkeus View Post
    I am having a CTD in the year 1274. Everytime the Danes get their turn the screen goes black and I have to press CTRL+ALT+DEL to get back to desktop.
    I am playing as Venice and I am using several other mods with Ultimate AI 1.0 like the latest VnV fix by Orientis and Darth Formations 2.0.
    Well, there is no confirmed CTD issue in UAI.

So its propably caused by the VnV fix by Orientis because thats the only mod I use that alters the campaign in any way besides UAI.

Last edited by Skaven; January 16, 2007 at 04:40 AM.

I haven't tried 1.1 yet I will do so very soon, but 1.0 is giving me lots of CTDs, I've played with Denmark, Spain and England so far and all of them a little bit before gunpowder becomes available, start the CTDs. I think like 30 to 30 turns it does so.

To solve this issue normally I delete the files descr_campaign_ai_db and descr_campaign_db than I load the game again I play a couple of turns and than I place the files again where they where and I have the problem solved, this leaves me with no doubts that something is wrong with 1.0.

The LOG file it tells me that it's an unspecified error

Just for one time it told me that some textures where missing, like grass.tga or something like it, however and again as long as I erase the files stated above I can continue playing with no CTDs at all.

Another thing I've noticed which is really very strange is that everytime I surround a Polish city or Castle they surround my surrounding army but they do nothing, and once the turns are over I just take the castle/city and the garrisioned Polish army just leaves the place with no war at all just like if it wasn't surrounded. I've noticed this everytime I attack the Polish, very strange since it just happens against Poland.

I never had any kind of CTDs, my computer is a pretty fast one as well as my Graphic Card, and I've installed the game at least 4 times and in all the times I did so, I've installed your MOD which seems to be the best around regarding to Diplomacy and everytime I install 1.0 I got CTDs.

I did found a way around as mentioned before, but I'm sure that it must me some small mistake of typing or something, the problem is that I can't find any real relation between the CTDs, you have any ideas?

Just for the record, I didn't unpack the pack files, but I don't think that as anything to due with it. And I'm using only your MOD sometimes with LTC and sometimes without it the effect is the same.
    Last edited by Skaven; January 16, 2007 at 04:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaven View Post
    I haven't tried 1.1 yet I will do so very soon, but 1.0 is giving me lots of CTDs, I've played with Denmark, Spain and England so far and all of them a little bit before gunpowder becomes available, start the CTDs. I think like 30 to 30 turns it does so.

To solve this issue normally I delete the files descr_campaign_ai_db and descr_campaign_db than I load the game again I play a couple of turns and than I place the files again where they where and I have the problem solved, this leaves me with no doubts that something is wrong with 1.0.

The LOG file it tells me that it's an unspecified error

Just for one time it told me that some textures where missing, like grass.tga or something like it, however and again as long as I erase the files stated above I can continue playing with no CTDs at all.

Another thing I've noticed which is really very strange is that everytime I surround a Polish city or Castle they surround my surrounding army but they do nothing, and once the turns are over I just take the castle/city and the garrisioned Polish army just leaves the place with no war at all just like if it wasn't surrounded. I've noticed this everytime I attack the Polish, very strange since it just happens against Poland.

I never had any kind of CTDs, my computer is a pretty fast one as well as my Graphic Card, and I've installed the game at least 4 times and in all the times I did so, I've installed your MOD which seems to be the best around regarding to Diplomacy and everytime I install 1.0 I got CTDs.

I did found a way around as mentioned before, but I'm sure that it must me some small mistake of typing or something, the problem is that I can't find any real relation between the CTDs, you have any ideas?

Just for the record, I didn't unpack the pack files, but I don't think that as anything to due with it. And I'm using only your MOD sometimes with LTC and sometimes without it the effect is the same.
    Hmm. Can you tell what ingame turn / year it is and which files of the mod you use and which not. Would be very helpful. Did the Mongols / Timurids / Aztecs appear in your game?

Can you also please try version 1.1 beta and see if it still happens?

Regards
    GrandViZ

I can't tell you exactely what turn it is, but it starts around turn 50/100 I will however pay more attention once I install 1.1 so I can provide you with a better feedback.

The Mongols do evade but to be honest I don't think the Timurids did evade, maybe that is the problem?

The Aztecs didn't appear in the game yet, since I didn't worried much with America, I prefer to have a solid base in Europe first but the CTDs kind of spoil my strategy.

I am using all the files from your MOD following your instructions in the readme, and when I play LTC it does all of that automatic, still just to be sure and in two of the times I've reinstalled the game I didn't use LTC and the same problem happened.
    The files are: descr_campaign_ai_db.xml ,descr_campaign_db.xml , descr_diplomacy.xml , descr_faction_standing.txt and descr_character.txt .

Note: I've changed the movement rate of descr_character.txt but I've also used your values just to be sure that wasn't the problem (leaving the file untouched) and the same problems happen, so I sticked to my movement.

Still and as stated before I'm pretty sure that the problem is in the two files mentioned above (descr_campaign_ai_db and descr_campaign_db) as long as I erase them, I can then load the game and I have no CTDs at all. Some turns after I load the game placing both the files in place before and it works for more 30 turns or something than CTD again.

I will play version 1.1 once I arrive home, I will later give you feedback of any CTDs I encounter.

Notice the problem stated above regarding the Polish, it seems that more people are complainnig, I've thought about something?

You think that maybe the Pope is forbiding them from attacking me? Even after being attacked and Sieged? That would make sense, howerver how can the Polish army just leave the city/castle intact withouht a fight?

All the rest seems to work just fine. The AI does explore the rebel towns extremely fast and with strategy, backstabbing only happened for a couple of times (as it should in real life), the power houses are notorious, all extremely nice.

Ofcourse you have the problem with the Papal States which allows you to bribe the pope, as long as you have money you can do whatever you like, I don't even play the crusades as he asks me to, but it makes me think... Isn't this reallistic? You pay the Pope and he leaves you alone, it makes some sense as long as you keep the majority of your population catholics... I think this is actually something that is working well even if it's not having the desired original effect.
    Last edited by Skaven; January 16, 2007 at 06:23 AM.

Do you use my descr_strat.txt or any other files in the imperial_campaign folder. Have you made the changes by yourself?

The exact turn number, and a description of the political situation would be quite valuable to analyze the problem you have. Is the pope involved? What nation is displayed when the CTD happens?

When I get you right, your game runs into CTD issues after at least 50 turns of play.

EDIT: Have you changed the timescale of your campaign? If yes, which value do you use? I ask because you said turn 50/100.
    Last edited by GrandViZ; January 16, 2007 at 06:38 AM.

I use your MOD exactely as you mentioned in your readme, so yes I use your desc_strat.txt together with your campaign_script and descr_win_conditions just those and none more all of them in the imperial_campaign folder and I have not edit any of this files.

About the political situation I can't be precise now cause I'm at my office but as soon as I arrive home I will install 1.1 and from then on I will write everything so I can provide you a better feedback. The nations involved when the CTDs happen are never a particular one, but I will anwser you better as soon as I try your 1.1 and as soon as I have another CTD.

And yes I can easily play 50 turns with no CTDs, that's why I've wonder if it could be the Timurids trigger since I played versus the Mongols but the Timurids I don't think I ever did.

I have not changed the timescale, the only thing I did was changing the movement rate in the descr_character.txt so I could decrease the movement a small bit, but that can't be the problem cause I've already tried your descr_character.txt untouched and the same happens.

In my opinion the problems stated are all due to a probably misspled or missing word, or a line missing, probably inside a trigger.
    The Polish problem that seems to be reported by more people is what's making me wonder, it should be something related to the pope or maybe a religious problem between civilizations. It seems to me that modding the diplomacy to allow power houses is limiting some sort of conflicts between some countries, but I'm just guessing here, you are the modder, and a good one.
    Last edited by Skaven; January 16, 2007 at 09:45 AM.

keep getting a CTD in my current Russia campaign, reverted back from 1.0 to 0.9 before i started it.. and i keep getting crashes when i do an end turn

here's my system log from mtw2

p.s: i also just installed the latest version 1.1.. and i still get the CTD

Quote Originally Posted by AnatolyChekov View Post
    keep getting a CTD in my current Russia campaign, reverted back from 1.0 to 0.9 before i started it.. and i keep getting crashes when i do an end turn

here's my system log from mtw2

p.s: i also just installed the latest version 1.1.. and i still get the CTD
    I'm sorry, but I didn't experience any CTD issues with 1.1 and I have tested it for a long time! However, once a save game causes a permanent CTD issues there is little hope. I suggest that you start a new campaign with a clean installation of the mod. Using save games with different version - especially if you also use other mods - is not safe.

hmm ok no problem, the new version probably demands a new campaign anyway right

Great work GrandViz! 1.1 gets us back to Total War with conflict springing up everywhere! I'll be rolling 1.1 into the latest build of Deus lo Vult!

Cheers!

dd

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast