Thread: Is the "slot_filler" option the one to be used to fill potential gaps in battlemaps?

Default Is the "slot_filler" option the one to be used to fill potential gaps in battlemaps?

Hi IWTE experts,

I'm looking for confirmation on a doubt I have...

In this pic there is an issue related to some "techtree" buildings whih have to appear for the culture settlement in question (as the path is obstructed)... I already have some techree which can be used for it.

hence, to be sure they always appear for the culture that I want, do I have to use the type "slot_filler" in the worldpkgdesc, replacing the previous entry? right??

Thanks in advance!!

Default Re: Is the "slot_filler" option the one to be used to fill potential gaps in battlemaps?

Yes, if you have a techtree slot in your settlement - but that settlement hasn't built anything from export_descr_buildings.txt that has a relevant techtree worldpkgdesc for it (with appropriate culture), then yes the game will try and load a 'slot_filler' for that culture. The vanilla ones are generally just things that look like a clump of dwellings... then when something from EDB does get built, a church or whatever, turns up instead.

There's also a bit of a dodge associated with this - that if you want something to turn up repeatedly in different settlements - for Westeros I was experimenting rose gardens... - then if you clear the area in the settlement and give it a unique techtree type & size, and make the thing you want to appear the slot_filler for that type & size then it'll appear in those locations without having to go round adding it to each location as a new structure.

Default Re: Is the "slot_filler" option the one to be used to fill potential gaps in battlemaps?

ook, thanks for clarifying mak!

Yes I was already trying the option and indeed spaces were being filled with what I was selecting as slot filler...

It only seems, in a few cases, that for bigger spaces there are no fillers which are loaded for the battlemaps... hence in this case it means there will be need to have a techree of bigger sizes that exactly matches that portion of ground, right??

thanks a lot also for the suggestion of the unique techtrees, interesting topic!!