Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TGW in the Immediate and Long-Term Future

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Default Re: TGW in the Immediate and Long-Term Future

Quote Originally Posted by waldery freyou View Post
    Some news?

We've decided that since the new uniforms and equipment models are so much higher quality than the unit cards we are still using we are going to redo all the unit cards and make info cards for them as well. The process we are using to create them involves importing the models in a 3d modeling program and then doing high quality renders.

The result is absolutely beautiful but time consuming. Its coming along nicely tho.

Great news guys! Thanks for your amazing work

Great.. Thank you. Waiting new version..

So how is development going? really excited for this update!!

Here's another suggestion. I think some of the "early" versions of units should be taken out of the game. They're only relevant for a little while, and after their brief relevancy has past they just take up room on the unit recruitment tab, and sometimes there are so many of their unit cards taking up space that it's hard to find and select any of the unit cards for units you do want to make.

Patrician

We have added a script that disables the early units once you start unlocking the later era units. Ive tested it through play testing and it works very well

did we ever tell you that we love you?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Actually I don't know if it has been already said, but my only and greatest dream would be having real 1914/'18 ships! Just this!

Thanks for the wonderful work!

Oh, that's great. I'm really looking forward to this next version.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Actually I don't know if it has been already said, but my only and greatest dream would be having real 1914/'18 ships! Just this!

Thanks for the wonderful work!
    This is the biggest limitation of the NTW engine unfortunately. I would love to make the models for ships but theres no way to get them in right now

the chemical building which allow the recruitment of gaz artillery don't allow the recruitment of other artilleries so ai recruit only that ...you will fix it?

Are you planning to do a release soon or there is a lot to do?

Patrician

The only major things left to do are to get the new models textured and in game and finish all the new unit cards and info cards so all together I'd say were about 90-95% complete. But given the fact that we all have active personal lives and jobs and such it makes everything take longer.

Im considering starting a playtesting release soon but theres a couple things with the startpos I want to fix first and Ive been having some issues with the startpos editing program breaking the startpos when i try to edit it so hopefully Ill have that sorted out soon. Also I have to buy Milkshape and UU3D again since I lost my old copies so I have to wait until i can afford that.

We're probably still a month or 2 off from release at this point.

Great! thank you for your work

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Presently there is a lot of texture work going on, including updates to old units. When I originally textured for this mod back in... was it 2012? 2011? I honestly can't remember how long ago it was, I had zero experience of making actual textures and so my work was very rudimentary. Making an artillery piece was basically a matter of copying a metal texture from a copyleft site and applying a basic gloss map. Since then, there have been incremental improvements in my capabilities and now that Don Durandal is making high quality, historically accurate uniform pieces it would be a shame to see them accompanied by much lower-fidelity items! Hence, I'm reworking some of my old textures. Mostly this involves weapons and tanks, but I'll get to the artillery pieces eventually (not likely to happen for this patch though).

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

Great to see the new potential of the mod and the improvement of yours skills. I can't wait now! So there will be several updates, exciting!

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Glad to see the Mod is alive and kicking!

I've just a silly curiosity about proportions of tanks: in game I've had the feeling that they look too small .. is it just a wrong impression by my part, or the size may be improved?

I've found these two pics on Pintersest, I think they are a good reference for proportions of the veicles compared to men:

Sorry for the eccentric question and .. keep up the great work!

Patrician

Those tank images you posted make it a little hard to see the true scale of the tank. Heres a better image showing the size of the tanks compared to a soldier. As you can see the tank is not all that much taller than a man. This is what i based the size on.

Last edited by B-DizL; July 13, 2018 at 12:07 PM.

Any date for a little preview? I don't want to be annoying but I'm waiting for this update since years and I'm really excited by all this news!

News?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast