Thread: Problems creating new sound file packs

Adonnus's Avatar Civis

Default Problems creating new sound file packs

Most sound modding tutorials require that you first extract the sound files including vanilla, which I have done, and then include your new ones with them. Apparently this will then recreate the pack files successfully with your new files and it will then work. The problem for me and some other people it seems, but some have managed to get it to work, is that the files that are created are only 1kb in size and there's no sound in game. So what I did so far is move the vanilla and mod files together to data/sounds/music, data/sounds/Voice, and data/sounds/SFX in their extracted files and then deleted the .dat and .idk files. So then it doesn't recreate. Any help?

Default Re: Problems creating new sound file packs

Don't know if it help but I just finished to follow this tutorial, I assume you know it.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Music-To-M2TW

I replaced entirely the musics, even deleting all those I woudn't use anymore, then took out the music.dat and event.dat with their matching idx. The 4 files regenerated without problem and the new music work.
    Did you edited the text files needed for your new sounds to be taken in account?

Adonnus's Avatar Civis

Its ok I got it fixed. All I needed to do was make sure all the sound txt files were in the folder, including kingdoms files.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Adonnus View Post
    Its ok I got it fixed. All I needed to do was make sure all the sound txt files were in the folder, including kingdoms files.
    How did you manage this?

I did manage music mods before, but with Warcraft Total War the voices and menu sound disappear when the event.dat and event.idx regenerate.. How did you recreate them without loosing the menu sound and the clicking sound etc?

I have gotten the new music to work, but the problem is the other sound disappears.. And i never had this problem with TLK, Third Age etc.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal