Thread: How do you activate the editor of historical battles?

Default How do you activate the editor of historical battles?

one question, is it possible to activate the editor of historical battles in the mod? If the answer is affirmative, how?

Default Re: How do you activate the editor of historical battles?

Yes, you can activate the editor the same than other mods, by adding -enable_editor to your launcher (shortcut or steam properties):
    -mod:alexander/lotrtw -enable_editor

Our Historical battles are placed at:
    \Rome - Total War\alexander\lotrtw\data\world\maps\battle\custom\

In order to open the battles placed in a city (siege battles), you might need to rename the file "map-editor.wfc" to "map.wfc"
    Last edited by Bardo; January 01, 2018 at 07:34 PM.

I have done what you told me in the shortcut created by the installation but it did not work
    I have done what you told me in the shortcut created by the installation but it did not work

Quote Originally Posted by Aragornnn View Post
    I have tried editing things but the editing historical battles ussually ends up with a crash upon loading it...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurmanji View Post
    I have tried editing things but the editing historical battles ussually ends up with a crash upon loading it...
    I remember that historical battles with custom cites were a nightmare to edit. And I needed to remove (rename) the file .wfc in order to get the cities properly placed.
    If you want to edit those city battles, you first need to rename the file "map-editor.wfc" to "map.wfc", then edit the battle in the editor, and then to rename the file again to play it.

Let me know if you still find troubles to get them working.

Thank you very much,

I'll try this out as soon as I get time for modding.