Thread: Historical game inaccuracies and suggestions from the public!!!

Default Historical game inaccuracies and suggestions from the public!!!

I have played this mod for a while now and while it is hands down as realistic as you can get concerning multiplayer, I've noticed things in the campaign which I believe could be improved/fixed easily enough.

1. Spain seems to support Napoleon regularly throughout his campaigns after say 1807 when Spain has beefed up their armies to the point of being expansionist, none of France's other allies seem to support them and France already has ally units in their recruitment pool. Historically napoleon ordered Spain to send a division under general Romana to support him in Denmark but after Spain turned on him the British helped Romana and his division escape Denmark and return to Spain to fight against French.
    I think Spain in game should be an ally but not friendly with France(sort of forced upon them), and also change their campaign_personalities table so they don't support him in campaigns or take provinces like ex.Transylvania for themselves and maybe even eventually declare war on France after they steamroll Austria and Prussia, forcing France to invade the Peninsula(you see where I'm going with this) to make a sort of peninsular war(make Madrid almost impossible for France to hold public order wise and the other Spanish provinces though to hold onto too, anyways main problem is spain sending army after army to invade with napoleon in game(has to be fixed imho)

2. Britain in game does eventually land amphibious armies but it always seems to be northern France(Brittany mainly and maybe Caen), I realize you have a mission directing them to take Hannover and Balearic Islands but they ever only once went for Hannover and never go for Balearic Islands, but almost always seems to want to invade Brittany, again could be improved by putting more concern in behavior with completing mission assigned.

3. Prussia sometimes around 1807 (if haven't gotten into war with France already) usually likes to go after Austria which then crumbles from France and Prussian might which for that time period is inaccurate as they were allies always in coalitions against France.

4. Napoleon actually does what he's suppose to do by eventually capturing Vienna(sometimes on the rare occasion France doesn't expand and stops at taking Tyrol, Hessen and maybe Venice) but It seems he can hold on to Factions capitals public order wise so easily, I think coalition capitals should be fiercely opposing France's occupation not have like 22 and say 19 public order for high and low classes respectively, some provinces are tough to hold onto like Hessen etc which I don't understand.

anyways there's some of my pointers but absolutely love the work you guys have put into this fantastic mod, keep up the tremendous work!
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 04, 2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Historical game inaccuracies and suggestions from the public!!!

Quote Originally Posted by warboy View Post
    I've noticed things in the campaign which I believe could be improved/fixed easily enough.
    The Spanish are classified as a major faction in the db tables which has different AI settings than those allies with minor faction settings (less aggressive). The Spanish diplomatic settings have been down graded in our NTW3 mod to reflect an uneasy alliance with France. Britain is pretty consistent with their historical behavior in that they controlled the seas and let everyone else fight the land battles. Russia as a major faction will support Austria with Prussia as the wild card.

The AI settings that CA has for public order differ tremendously from faction to faction. Hessen & Saxony are difficult to control, I usually make them a protectorate and build up the diplomatic settings with coin, gifts and technology over time. Other factions seam to welcome an occupation and are relatively happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    The Spanish are classified as a major faction in the db tables which has different AI settings than those allies with minor faction settings (less aggressive). The Spanish diplomatic settings have been down graded in our NTW3 mod to reflect an uneasy alliance with France. Britain is pretty consistent with their historical behavior in that they controlled the seas and let everyone else fight the land battles. Russia as a major faction will support Austria with Prussia as the wild card.
    Okay I get changing Spain's behavioral values will effect Russia, Austria etc other majors, but can we at least have diplomatic relations between France and Spain even worse, like have them at beginning of campaign as unfriendly but allied with trade and only france with military access don't give spain the access and they won't send stacks with napoleon to take say Russian provinces, problem solved.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 08, 2018 at 11:43 AM.
    Host of the Napoleon Total War AMERICAN CIVIL WAR 2.1 MOD Discord Server - https://discord.gg/6JWWBQq "TUNNELSSSS....ARE USELESS, so why bother anyway!" - Captain Henry Wirz

Fair enough, Spain did not historically venture outside of its own borders in Europe as they were still trying to hang on to their colonies in the new world.
    I'll update the non military access for Spain in French regions into the next release (v7.7)

Perfect! thanks Davn

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Fair enough, Spain did not historically venture outside of its own borders in Europe as they were still trying to hang on to their colonies in the new world.
    I'll update the non military access for Spain in French regions into the next release (v7.7)
    Yes and thanks

Is there a way to make Italy a protectorate of the French instead of an ally? I had a weird scenario where I made peace with Austria, but they remained at war with Italy and conquered them. I didn't even notice it
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 21, 2018 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis88 View Post
    Is there a way to make Italy a protectorate of the French instead of an ally?
    I'll try to put together a special campaign with the Kingdom of Italy as a protectorate this coming week. Historically they fought over the Veneto, Trentino and the rich Lombardy region for many years.

I hate to be guy responding to a thread that ended 2 two months ago but what about the La Romana divsion? It was an independently commanded Spanish army that was in Denmark in 1807. When Napoleon invaded Spain the division escaped by British ships through a James Bond like spy whose name I forgot, and successfully escaped to serve in battle in Iberia. Some regiments didnt make it and were then forced recruited into the King Joseph regiments. Im not some crazy spanish fanatic but found this through wikipedia which completely blew my mind. I just wanted to add that crazy piece of history.