Thread: Managing generals and statesman?

Default Managing generals and statesman?

Hi All,

Firstly, I'm new and hello all!

I've just started playing Attila and I'm loving it.

So I'm playing as the Sassanids, from what I've read they're a good faction for beginners. I'm 20+ turns in and I have 4 provinces under my control (Osroene, Asoristan, Syria and Spahan). I now want to sit back for a bit and focus on economy, buildings, improving tech tree, forging alliances etc

My questions is as follows, how do you keep your generals/King influence increasing during peace times?

Currently, my non family Statesman, most of whom I've put into positions of Governership have more influence than my family members because I'm guessing they're getting all that influence from building upgrades etc. My King has very low influence which I suspect is effecting the loyalty of his men and all my generals are family members (still trying to workout the mechanics of politics) and I have on one family member who is a governor. How can I increase their influence without going to war with someone?

Any tips for a newb?

Cheers!

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Managing generals and statesman?

Governor gain influence. Youy should replace some statesman governor with your family member.A good start would be to make your king and your heir governors.

It won't allow me. When I select my king or an heir a message reads 'only statesman may become governors'.

No worries I've finally figured it out. Thanks anyway.