Thread: What edits needed to add a functioning Costum battle faction to the game?

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Icon5 What edits needed to add a functioning Costum battle faction to the game?

Hey, so I have decided to start trying to create a faction for costum battle (to begin with atleast, you have to begin somewhere). However, I have run into the challanges of having to deal with constant crashes. These crashes do not happen when starting the game, but rather when starting a costum battle with any faction when the faction mod is activated (so you don't actually need to pick the modded faction for any of the teames for it to crash).

I have tried to look into other faction mods for clues (like the pirates of sartosa mod), and what I see is alot of tables that seem redundant, like building tables. I recently started learning how to use DaVe since I hae heard that it is a must when making factions. Is there perhaps a tutorial for faction creation or could somewbody perhas list the tables needed to add a faction?

Really, all I need is to be able to add the faction, then I should be able to go from there. Cheers

Default Re: What edits needed to add a functioning Costum battle faction to the game?

Mmmh i suggest, at least as a start, to simply rename an existing faction of rebels (in faction_tables they should be named like greenskin_qb1 etc) and assign the unit to them (you can change pretty everything i believe from that table). Once done to make it available in custom battle you should just thick the box "mp_available" if i remember correctly. You can try to take a look at the vampire coast mod for warhammer 1 which create a new faction for CB only

Matmannen's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: What edits needed to add a functioning Costum battle faction to the game?

Thanks for the avice.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

I made a 21 part tutorial series on a whole range of stuff you can do with custom battle factions, the only problem is that its for Total War Attila. I'd say at least 60% of it is applicable to Warhammer 1 and 2 though.
    Episodes 1 (from 5:50 onwards if you want to watch this one), 3 and 5 are probably the ones to watch. Or the highlighted sections in this huge image show the bare minimum tables you need to get a new custom battle faction in-game.
    Not amazingly helpful, but better than nothing.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; January 09, 2018 at 02:32 AM.