Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: The Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia (REVAMP)

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: The Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia (REVAMP)

Quote Originally Posted by Armo1000 View Post
    Which Leo are you referring too exactly? it gets a bit confusing due to Cilicia being a principality from 1080-1198 and then a kingdom from 1198-1375. So the kings after 1198 where both the first and the second if they took the name of an older king, for example Leo II was also Leo I as he was the first king of Cilicia after it became a Kingdom from 1198 but also the second as there was a Leo before him than ruled from 1129-1140 when it was still a principality. Leo I and Leo I (II) where of the Rubenid Dynasty while Leo II (III) was of the Hethumids. What gets more confusing is that most Cilician kings had about three separate names, for example Leo I (II) was also called Levon or Leon, both an Armenian and European sounding name i guess.

if you look at the wiki article it show how the Cilician monarchs where numbered.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...dom_of_Cilicia
    Leo II if you start counting for kings, Leo III if you start from the principality. You can see the coat of arms on certain units in the high era :

Default Re: Medieval Kingdoms Total War: The Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia (REVAMP)

Zsimmortal you have done a great job this rooster is amazing beutiful and very unique i love the highlanders.What is the next faction you are going to work on?

Quote Originally Posted by zsimmortal View Post
    Leo II if you start counting for kings, Leo III if you start from the principality. You can see the coat of arms on certain units in the high era :

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. The attention to detail in your mod is truly something to be admired.

Quote Originally Posted by Cometopuli View Post
    wow an ciclian armenian really intresting are you a big community there?
    Unfortunately there are barley any of us left in our Cilician homeland since the 1915-23 Turkish Genocide on us. I am not actually from Cilicia but all my family are Armenians who originate from Cilicia, so culturally and ethnically i am Cilician even though i am not born in my original homeland.

A small village called Vakifli in south Cilicia (now Turkey) and the Syrian region of Kessab are the only remnants of Armenian Cilicia that remain. Most Cilician Armenians moved to Syria or Lebanon after the Genocide and nowadays we are spread out all over the world like the rest of the Armenian diaspora.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kessab

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vak%C4..._Samanda%C4%9F

i am bulgarian and i know a few armenians here their ancestors escaped the armenian genocide

Quote Originally Posted by Cometopuli View Post
    i am bulgarian and i know a few armenians here their ancestors escaped the armenian genocide
    Yes allot of Armenians went to Bulgaria back in the day. We have allot of history there from back.

Great work on the mod it is very in depth and promising. I just saw this mod and was checking out the previews for the different factions, and I have one small suggestion for this faction. Being Armenian myself the "eastern" faces that are used to represent Armenians is very inaccurate. The skin tones and features on many of those "eastern" faces look like they can be from the Arabian peninsula or the Indian subcontinent and do not represent what actual Armenians look like. Armenians look very similar to Greeks and even Italians. I saw the Georgian faction preview, and the faces used on the Georgian units would look spot on to represent Armenians as well. If its possible to make this change it would add more accuracy to the mod. Having these generic "eastern" faces represent Armenians is the same if it was used to represent Greeks, Italians, or Iberian units. In other words it is just as inaccurate.

Armen is right. I sign up for this necessary change.

Re post: Great work on the mod it is very in depth and promising. I just saw this mod and was checking out the previews for the different factions, and I have one small suggestion for this faction. Being Armenian myself the "eastern" faces that are used to represent Armenians is very inaccurate. The skin tones and features on many of those "eastern" faces look like they can be from the Arabian peninsula or the Indian subcontinent and do not represent what actual Armenians look like. Armenians look very similar to Greeks and even Italians. I saw the Georgian faction preview, and the faces used on the Georgian units would look spot on to represent Armenians as well. If its possible to make this change it would add more accuracy to the mod. Having these generic "eastern" faces represent Armenians is the same if it was used to represent Greeks, Italians, or Iberian units. In other words it is just as inaccurate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12