Thread: Is this a good plan?

Default Is this a good plan?

Dear members,

As a beginner in this game i'm Egypt and currently in possession of the provinces Media Magna, Armenia and Parthia.
    The first two have iron reserves, the latter has the horse trainer.

My would be set up is ; recruitment in Media Magna, all practice field buildings to the max with level 3 armour building.
    Then I would send them to Parthia for the upgrade with the level 3 horse trainers.
    And after that to Armenia where I would build level 3 weaponsmith and add some artillery.

Also, is this the best place on the map for recruitment? It would seem so as everything is close to each other.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default Re: Is this a good plan?

Welcome to TWC, Cretan Archer! It sounds like your campaign is going well. (If you ever want to write a report of your campaign, you would be welcome to do so in the Writers' Study - there is a link in my signature.)

Your plan sounds good to me. As I see it, the best place on the map for recruitment varies - it depends on where you have chosen to construct buildings which give bonuses to new units. Getting better horses and better quality weapons should definitely help.

Are you also adding a veteran to an army and (when the veteran levels up) choosing the skills which allow you to give the units more experience? For me, this is an important way to make my armies more effective. The bonuses are small initially, but the combined effects from practice field buildings, better equipment, training from a veteran, army traditions and general skills can be very powerful.

Yes, I know about Champions (Veteran?) that will gradually increase your army's XP. That way they move up to the next tier quicker.

But in order for the weaponsmith/shieldmaker buildings you need iron as a natural resource. So it's not really a matter of where you put the buildings, but which province has the resources to make your recruitment top notch.

You can see which provinces has what resources in the campaign map. Hit tab i think.
    And you can then filter for several stuff, Diplomacy, faction, Politics, and Resources.

Something like this.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Handy for planing.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; January 01, 2018 at 03:16 PM.