Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CATW 08

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

Default Re: CATW 08

Hi Linusthorax
    Thx for your insight. For south sudan, the map does not goes that far anyway... For Candace indeed, i presume this a bit like "brennus" or "vercingetorix". Ok for King Tanyidamani, i'll do additional researches on the topic when back on the mod.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Good afternoon.
    Any idea when will campaign be playable?
    Thank you for all your effort making this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by drigi View Post
    Good afternoon.
    Any idea when will campaign be playable?
    Thank you for all your effort making this mod.
    Hi, thanks for your patience.
    First i'm stuck with a fatal bug without clear solution, just need time to go back in time and find it, second i can't edit any tga.dds files which is really a problem.
    But in between i released an overhauled, playable version of catw 03, the first catw, and just about to launch alexandros total war ! A catw-based campaign starting with Philip II in 359 BC. Hope to return on catw 08 and others after that.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...

Hi
    i wanted to download the 08 version, and give some feedback. However i found first that you exceeded the RTW DMB count, so i had to launch from ALX; then i found that your campaign isn't set for ALX since it only posses Imperial Campaign. Then i ecountered the error that i attached.

Maybe i somehow downloaded a wrong version, or you have corrected this issues and haven't updated the uploaded files. Anyways, congratulations on your current progress and best of luck, i found your mod because i was looking for images of Mithridates and Tigranes in google for my own mod, then bam! yours appeared. Looks like i'll be your competition man
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CATW Error.jpg  

Hello!

I really enjoy your mods! Especially CATW 04 - I sank over 100 hours into it already. Even though there are still some tweakings to be done to that mod I am ing hooked by the very agressive AI - every faction has the potential of becoming a superpower and many of them will, leading to massive wars. That's the reason I prefer it to any other mod. It is the most stable and "polished" of all your mods in my opinion and that's why I wonder if you are working on an update or if you are taking a break when it ocmes to CATW 04?

I also want to ask about how your work is going on the Mithraditic wars - I am seriously excited for that! Mithradates all the way! Also it starts at a time when the roman republic is already established power! this is gonna be insanely fun!

Good luck mate!

Hi Alejandro,
    First, sorry for the late response,
    Indeed, there are too many entries for anything but Alex. Besides, it should be launched from the provincial campaign, but there wil be a KTM anyway.
    This was more a version to showcase factions and the atosphere of the mod. The problem ocurrered when i started reworking the rosters (eliminating old units in particular, the rosters were created for a mod set in 300 BC !)
    08 is at rest since a while now unfortunately, i'm still stuck with a bug that make no sense and for which the only solution is "going back" for earlier versions. It's currently a problem with export descr building, "L3780 building db error faction numidia has gap in building prior to army_barracks
    Same faction_spain" but of course the problem is not there. And for .tga, still the same. So i think you will finish yours it before me

Hello Erik,
    First off, many thanks, much appreciated.
    I'm still currently playing catw 05 and balancing stuff. So the next upgrade is likely to come from there. I did not played catw 04 since a while. It was done to be played somewhat on a weaker laptop. On the other hand i have a PC that can handle high poly, large textures, huge units and environment, so i prefer catw 05.
    I don't plan to upgrade CATW 04 for the moment but introducing a playable Pergamum - if you notice problems to fix, you're welcome; That will be the core for an update. In the same spirit, catw 03 has been completely overhauled too, and shared the same rosters. I also plan to port one of these mods on the latest Mundus magnus map version.

On catw 05 as the Romans i was beaten twice, by the Samnites (They are now more balanced for the next update) and Thracians (same). I have to precise for newcomers that these thracians are in fact Lysimachus Macedonian-type army with lots of local mercs and auxiliaries and an empire to start from. Not a small thracian tribe. It's in the midst of the Diadochi war.
    Bye, stay tune !

Some news !
    After a pause, i had my hands on catw08, trying to solve its problems restarting almost from scratch, and the campaign is up and running. Progression is good. CATW08 is the most diverse and "exotic" of the serie so far.
    Here is the crowded mundus magnus map on which even more cities will be added. If someone, somewhere has a way to convert dds to TGA and the reverse it would be a gift from heaven, as it's a necessary step to conclude the mod. i tried solutions online and softwares, but no chance so far. Of course in-house DDS converter no longer work on the latest windows, at least for me.

This tool might be what you're looking for: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4398

Centenarius

I remember that there was a tool called DDS Converter 2 that was able to convert various image formats to tga and dds or reverse.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Quote Originally Posted by cocobongoclub-DJ View Post
    Some news !
    After a pause, i had my hands on catw08, trying to solve its problems restarting almost from scratch, and the campaign is up and running. Progression is good. CATW08 is the most diverse and "exotic" of the serie so far.
    Here is the crowded mundus magnus map on which even more cities will be added. If someone, somewhere has a way to convert dds to TGA and the reverse it would be a gift from heaven, as it's a necessary step to conclude the mod. i tried solutions online and softwares, but no chance so far. Of course in-house DDS converter no longer work on the latest windows, at least for me.

Can you please tell me how did you start campaign? I have put downloaded folder in main rome total war folder where alexander expansion is, made alexander launcher shortcut and in target line i placed "-nm -show_err -mod:catw08 -noalexander". I was able to start game and play custom battle but when i try to start campaign it put me back to main screen.

Hello Drigi,
    It's because the mod is in custom battles mod readiness only, at least in the shape it was uploaded last time. You will have a KTM (kick back to menu) each time in campaign.
    Problems had been solved and i had a working campaign a few weeks ago, after a one year pause. Currently i'm in the process of adding new realistic names, although there are still instant crashes when saving. These exotic family trees concerns Kush and the Yuezhe for the moment. I have a stable campaign version with correct Indian names, but the objective now is to have correct rosters and family trees for all factions. When done and tested, i will release the next iteration of the mod. It's still beta hough. I hope to make the official release of the more polished version in December. And that will be my last contribution to modding here. As a grizzly veteran (15 years), time to go.
    Cheers !

Quote Originally Posted by BHL 20 View Post
    This tool might be what you're looking for: https://www.twcenter.net/forums/down...o=file&id=4398
    Thanks BHL, i just downloaded it. Needs to find now a working DDS > TGA converter

Quote Originally Posted by Warcrafthero View Post
    I remember that there was a tool called DDS Converter 2 that was able to convert various image formats to tga and dds or reverse.
    That's the one i used until being forced to use ***latest windows. Its just broken now.
    There are some online converters but the final format is not recoignised and i have CTDs

Ok i have good news
    Despite no way of changing TGA/DDS (i can see with other modders that can for some banners and stuff), 100% brand new rosters are nearing completion, factions are getting correct historical names never used before in any mods, and the campaign is 100% playable. Still work to do however on the Saka, Media, but overall, Kush, Saba-Nabata, the Yuezhe/Kushans are mostly done, as well as traditional factions and the new rosters with collections of late Hellenistic units such as the thureophoroi haploi, hemithorakitai, epilektoi thorakitai, thorakitai machairaphoroi for example are new. Still some work on the Hasmoneans (roster). Expect if all goes well a Xmas release !

Didn't know about this one, it's a very interesting project. Wishing you all the best!

Thanks (_not too hard to find that avatar_),
    Rendez-vous in December !

As promised, catw 08.1 is out! : http://www.ancient-battles.com/catw.php

tomySVK's Avatar Campidoctor

Congratulations on the release

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast