Thread: Is there any going back?

Default Is there any going back?

I started off as England, and soon took over France and cut to Italy on the campaign map. Well, since he was already there, and I didn't like his missions, I killed the pope, his army, and took both Rome and Florence. Then, I proceeded to kill the newly elected popes for (I think) 7 times in a row so far.

The problem is... the catholic countries are coming after me now, and (of course) I am excommunicated. So, I was wondering, is there any way to redeem myself with the pope and go back to being under catholic control?

Thanks.

Default Re: Is there any going back?

You might try doing it by diplomatic means but it'll probably involve giving him back all his territories (and if it were me, a sizeable chunk of cash too ) in exchange for a ceasefire.
    Let them hate me, provided they respect my conduct. - Tiberius Caesar

As soon you are not excommunicated anymore you can start building relations back. And you should give papacy some lonely island to live on. Them just give them gifts so they start to like you more.

No there is no going back you dont want to be the popes lacky all your life dig in cut your losses and prepare for battle huzarr!!!!

just buy your way out, works fine
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity