Thread: Garrison size queries

Icon5 Garrison size queries

I've been combing through the internet and the forum for any help on modding garrison group amounts in TWR2. Rather than giving them more men per unit group, I was wondering if there would be some sort of multiplier to increase the garrison amount without having to manually add on a certain line of troops for each building group.

I know there are videos on how to mod in units individually for the garrisons, but is there an easier way of implementing this?

Thank you in advance, and a Merry Christmas to all of you

Default Re: Garrison size queries

For my experience I think It's not possible, you could however duplicate the entries: If you want to quit all the garrisons in buildings you could make a mod file with the vanilla entries names (armed_citizen_unit_groups, armed_citizen_units_to_unit_group_junctions building_level_armed_citizenry_junctions) , then you could make some series of mods that have new garrisons (e.g. garrison_mod_x1 wich have the base units in garrison, then garrison_mod_xhalf, wich will have the half of units and so on) and in the mod selector you could choose those mods. Other example is you could make multiple entries in the same mod (e.g. in garrison_mod_x3 you could have 3 entries of armed_citizen_units_to_unit_group_junctions, with the names a_arned_citizen... , b_armed_citizen... , c_armed citizen); and if you want to simulate the multiply units in the garrison mod a tech that allows you to have units and those units would appear in the garrisons when the technology is active (more tricky in my opinion) Those are the only thing I could think to simulate multipliers in garrisons, AFAIK there is no way to do that in game, but I'm not an scrip expert. If I find another way I could publish in another time.