Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132

Thread: Share your Tricks, Strategies and Ideas

Default Re: share your Tricks and Shortcuts

I'm playing with Sicily, since I took Ajaccio those ing Milanese are constantly trying to conquer it, they launch naval attacks from Milan but I always manage to stop them sinking off their ships full of soldiers. The Pope excommunicated me, dunno what else I can do, since I was also tired of him and I got the chance, I took Rome. My income is definitely increased now, however crusades are starting as well. Do you suggest me to achieve a treat with the Pope? Giving him back Rome? But how I can manage with Milanese then? Or it's better carry on the war with Pope and Milanese? The problem is also that I have Moors at west, I have Tunis and they wanna take Cagliari.

Default Re: Share your Tricks, Strategies and Ideas

I'd love some tips on my situation, trying the Teutonic campaign from Kingdoms as the Danes. And the HRE almost immediately shows up in Hamburg with 3-4 stacks and counting. On very hard difficulty you have no chance out of the gate to compete, as the economy has to be built before you can raise any army. Tough because the lower difficulties are too easy, any tips or advice on this situation?

Skol!��

Quote Originally Posted by nsholmberg11 View Post
    I'd love some tips on my situation, trying the Teutonic campaign from Kingdoms as the Danes. And the HRE almost immediately shows up in Hamburg with 3-4 stacks and counting. On very hard difficulty you have no chance out of the gate to compete, as the economy has to be built before you can raise any army. Tough because the lower difficulties are too easy, any tips or advice on this situation?

Skol![emoji482]
    I would advice putting your towns to high tax rates and fighting defensive castle sieges against the german horde im guessing you are early game so you can probably get better inf than the hre (huscarls are da best) not sure if it will 100% work because ive only played as poland and the mongols( wich with a little edu tweaking is probably my new favourite faction in the game. Nothing broken i just wanted dism heavy lancers to be recruitable)

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9515 met Tapatalk

Vlad Dracul's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: share your Tricks and Shortcuts

My tricks, strategies and ideas are pretty much summed up in those topics (and the links I refer to):

Guidelines for new and inexperienced players (but not only) and How to manipulate diplomacy in M2TW.

Provided you can win the battle and have enough ships, you can consistently sink enemy fleets in one battle in Rome 1 and Medieval 2, preventing their retreat. I made a tutorial video https://youtu.be/S_HgbLc0qs0 here. The key is to ensconce your attacking ship with more ships around it, in addition to your ships around the enemy ship. Doing this in open sea requires you have at least 11 ships. I first discovered this in 2011, been meaning to share it for a while. Searched this thread and didn't find it anywhere.