Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chapter Two: 1969, The Department of Magical Law Enforcement – Prelude to Disaster

Default Re: Chapter Two: 1969, The Department of Magical Law Enforcement – Prelude to Disaster

ooc: Right at this moment, with two wizards down, Edmund unscathed, and Penelope bleeding out.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Default Re: Chapter Two: 1969, The Department of Magical Law Enforcement – Prelude to Disaster

Edmund sidestepped the path of the next spell, but could not avoid the entirety of it, feeling the sudden influx of pain spreading out from across his side; the feeling of daggers piercing the skin seemed to creep into the very bone. Edmund did his best to remain on his feet. The wizard, whose face displayed a look of shock at Edmunds recovery attempted to raise his wand again, having lowered it prematurely. Not wishing to miss the opportunity Edmund shot off a volley of curses in the wizard’s direction. The man to his credit was able to raise a weak shield charm, but eventually the battery of spells wore it down. He gave out a final cry before slumping unconscious to the floor.

With the threat neutralized, Edmund made his way over to his fallen comrade, his sense of worry increasing at the sight of the pool of blood. Doing a quick triage he decides that it was best to stabilize her and get her medical assistance pronto. Aiming his wand now he cast Vulnera Sanentur (D, Di: 5) not wanting to risk anything more advanced. As an afterthought he cast a quick Reparifors (D, Di: 3) on himself, which too his relief made his pain bearable though still extremely uncomfortable.

Hearing footsteps approach from the front of the shop Edmund readies his wand, but lowers it upon recognizing Glenn. Nodding to the man he speaks “We ran into company... three wizards... managed to take down two but the third got away... but not before taking down Penelope. I think I've stabilized her for now, she is going to need medical attention; she took a nasty curse."
    Last edited by chesser2538; January 10, 2018 at 07:36 PM.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Penelope, although she would survive, was in excruciating pain. She was unable to respond to anything, really. She writhed, unable to express herself.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Glenn nodded absently, even as he was already surveying the scene. He took a moment to kneel beside Penelope, but despite being one of the most capable charms casters around, he really couldn't do any better than Edmund had already. He sprinted back outside and checked the alley both ways to see if he could spy the escaped wizard, but then realized that if he hadn't seen him on the way in, he was clearly already gone. He stepped back inside and approached Edmund. "Mathis and I ran into a bit of trouble in Diagon Alley too. Followed a witch out of the Cauldron, and next thing we know she's murdered one goblin, maimed another, and called some of her friends over with some sort of... I don't even know how she called them... but they showed up pretty quick. We captured one and saved a goblin." Even as he spoke, he continued to walk around the room, muttering the charm Protego Horriblis to hopefully ward off the attentions of any other dark wizards, then Protego Totalum, which would hopefully cover anyone else with evil intent.

He looked at the two fallen wizards, and back to Penelope. "We should take the lot of them to St. Mungo's... I'd let you take just Penelope and bring these two to the ministry, but I can hardly apparate in the middle of downtown London with to unconscious bodies and not raise questions. From there we can see that she's treated then take these to the ministry. He dragged the two forms together so that he could reach both and grabbed hold, preparing to apparate to the hospital, indicating that Edmund should take hold of Penelope and join him.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Feeling the sense of urgency Edmund stooped down and got a good hold of Penelope before apparating away to St. Mungo's... the events of the past few hours playing over in his head, and the burning pain in his side a constant reminder of them.

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

All of the critically wounded end up recovering, and after some days, the apprehended wizards and witches become available for interrogation. Penelope even manages to accompany some of her colleagues on these interrogations...
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 11, 2018 at 12:23 PM.

Glenn, having remained largely uninjured throughout the encounters had been pacing about for the better part of the past couple days, eagerly anticipating the resumption of his duties as boredom and morbid thoughts threatened to claim him. Now, having heard from one of the hospital attendants, he arrived and proceeded immediately to the room where a much recovered Pen pope Scarrow was sitting on the edge of the hospital bed, looking about as determined as he felt to get on with the work. "Penelope! How are you feeling?" He said, seemingly with some genuine happiness. It was hard to be thrown together on such a mission with someone and not care for their well-being. "You gave us quite a scare but I'm glad to see it hasn't kept you out too long!"

Penelope was embarrassed. Her performance in the investigation had not only risked her own life, but that of her partner. What's worse, she was the mastermind of the plan to confront the wizards in Borgin & Burkes in general. She had embraced every pang of pain in her recovery, it felt like just punishment. If not for Edmund, she would surely be dead. Her husband had almost never left her bedside for the first few days, but as the risk passed he too returned to work. She was feeling better, and the day Glenn visited was the date she was slated to leave St. Mungo's. After all, with the field work done, now it was time to do the real investigations and compare notes with the other Aurors in her team.

She smiled weakly as Glenn came in. She was suddenly aware of her appearance, somewhat haggard. She had not had the opportunity to make herself up for some days. "I am well, Glenn. The wounds are more internal than anything." She pointed to a scar on her neck "I'll have some marks though."

"The scars will only show the followers of this dark lord what they're facing," Glenn jested, though a sympathetic look in his eyes indicated that he also understood that internal wounds could not be so readily made light of. "Perhaps it will help the process along to know that I have just gotten word from the Ministry. Our prisoners and the goblin we were able to save are all ready for interrogation." He took a moment to take in her appearance. "I'll leave you to get ready," he offered, with a nod of his head. "I'm glad to see you feeling better again Penelope."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12