Thread: Great War Submod: Liberated Nations [WIP]

Icon1 Great War Submod: Liberated Nations [WIP]

Hello ever got bored as playing the Big boys like Germany , France, Britain? Well I have news for you!

Liberated Nations is a Great war Sub mod consist of adding nations that were in vanilla but in the great war period.

So what is this submod about you may ask?
    This mod is about able to play as minor/emergent nations during WWI

Current nations am planning to add

1. Bavaria
    2. Catalonia
    3. Hungary
    4. Scotland
    5. Sicily
    6. Brittany
    7. Venice
    8. USA (Replacing the netherlands however I am not sure yet!!!)

As of 12/22/2017 I only started doing Bavaria

VSC24's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Great War Submod: Liberated Nations [WIP]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicentemarston View Post
    Hello ever got bored as playing the Big boys like Germany , France, Britain? Well I have news for you!

Liberated Nations is a Great war Sub mod consist of adding nations that were in vanilla but in the great war period.

So what is this submod about you may ask?
    This mod is about able to play as minor/emergent nations during WWI

Current nations am planning to add

1. Bavaria
    2. Catalonia
    3. Hungary
    4. Scotland
    5. Sicily
    6. Brittany
    7. Venice
    8. USA (Replacing the netherlands however I am not sure yet!!!)

As of 12/22/2017 I only started doing Bavaria

I am absolutely intrigued... any updates?

Laetus

any updates? maybe add poland for a little polish uprising? looks promising anyways!

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

This mod wouldnt work with the new update as we have repurposed those factions and many others as emergent factions. Having said that we now have Poland, Finland, Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine etc etc.

They arent playable but they are emergent.

Laetus

ok thanks for the info. any chance they will become playable anytime soon? or anytime, really.

Patrician

I would very much like to make another version of the mod (after the new update is finished) that starts in june 1919 where all of the emergents are playable.

I even made a map for it a while back...

Last edited by B-DizL; February 14, 2019 at 02:56 PM.

That's pretty nice but I'd give Poland the Prussian land to the East. If we put it side by side, Poland owned more land in that NTW region than Germany did at the time. It would also help with balancing the game I think. Germany will just use that land to expand East.

Patrician

I chose to leave that region with germany for a few reasons.

Its based on this image showing who owned what land during that period.

Also having it that way will lead to an inevitable war between germany and poland.

And as I said, if you look closely, there's more land being part of Poland in the NTW region than what Germany had there.
    Inevitable war between Germany and Poland is not what I'd look for in a mod representing the era post World War I. I'd be looking down at Russia, and its war against Poland. Also, I'd be looking at the Hungarian-Romanian war from 1919. But this depends on the time you want this mod to start. The union of Transylvania with Romania might have been proclaimed at 1 December 1918, but it was only after the war from 1919 and the occupation of Hungary, that Transylvania finally united with Romania. You might want to give Transylvania to Hungary in that case, to make room for that historical war (maybe start the campaign with the two countries being at war, and make a scripted event to simulate the Treaty of Trianon).
    Also, you might want to look at the Greek-Turkish war, and at Ukraine and its conflicts too. There's a lot of potential for this mod to just be about the emergent states. The era post ww1 is very interesting, and it's a big shame that it's getting low attention nowadays (talking in general).

Either way, if you don't do it, I believe I am capable enough myself to make it. There's too much potential for this to let it slide.

Edit: Forgot about Bavaria's short lived communist regime from 1919 too. That should also be in there, and be hostile to Germany. And in the very unlikely case that Bavaria wins the war, there should be a scripted event that transforms them into a communist Germany.
    Last edited by Warhell; February 15, 2019 at 12:21 PM.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Warhell View Post
    And as I said, if you look closely, there's more land being part of Poland in the NTW region than what Germany had there.
    Inevitable war between Germany and Poland is not what I'd look for in a mod representing the era post World War I. I'd be looking down at Russia, and its war against Poland. Also, I'd be looking at the Hungarian-Romanian war from 1919. But this depends on the time you want this mod to start. The union of Transylvania with Romania might have been proclaimed at 1 December 1918, but it was only after the war from 1919 and the occupation of Hungary, that Transylvania finally united with Romania. You might want to give Transylvania to Hungary in that case, to make room for that historical war (maybe start the campaign with the two countries being at war, and make a scripted event to simulate the Treaty of Trianon).
    Also, you might want to look at the Greek-Turkish war, and at Ukraine and its conflicts too. There's a lot of potential for this mod to just be about the emergent states. The era post ww1 is very interesting, and it's a big shame that it's getting low attention nowadays (talking in general).
    This mod would start on the day the treaty of Versailles was signed (28 June 1919) which consequently only requires me to change the starting year for the mod as the mod currently start in late june as well.

I get that Poland owned more of that region than Germany but if we gave the whole region to Poland instead that would be less historically accurate than the way it is currently in that pic. This creates alot of possible conflict between germany poland and eventually soviet russia. As poland you wouldnt necessarily attack germany right away to get that region back, so you would have to plan things out for the future. Maybe take lithuania first then ally with latvia and even hungary or czechoslovakia to eventually attack germany to get that region. Lots of possibilities.

The main factions that will be fun/interesting to play will be Greater Romania, the Polish Republic, Ukraine and Soviet Russia.

Either way, if you don't do it, I believe I am capable enough myself to make it. There's too much potential for this to let it slide.
    I fully agree I have lots and lots of ideas for this but it will have to wait until the startpos for TGWVI is done at least before starting on this.

Edit: Forgot about Bavaria's short lived communist regime from 1919 too. That should also be in there, and be hostile to Germany. And in the very unlikely case that Bavaria wins the war, there should be a scripted event that transforms them into a communist Germany.
    Im actually working on a german revolution for the current update that happens in november 1918. The revolution will effect berlin, bavaria and warsaw specifically. Ive already added the Bavarian Soviet Republic rebels in bavaria, they even have the all red flag like irl. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bavarian_Soviet_Republic They arent an official faction, just a custom named rebel army.

madrush's Avatar Senator

Im eager to play Ireland and poland more so honestly. Is there a v1 available yet? maybe just custom battles at least

Patrician

Not until after TGWVI is released.

That sound nice B Dizl , and historically there was a war between Poland and Russia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Soviet_War is that going to part of TGW 6 or sub mod ??

Are Ukraine and Bielorussia wasn’t a part of Soviet Union after WW1 ?? during bolshevik war thats how Polish-Soviet war is called in Poland, Ukraine rebels been on polish side fighting for independence. is great idea for after war campaign, if you focus campaign on bolshevik war, Romania, Soviet, Ukraine all was involved in this conflict , any news btw about 6.0 updates ??
    Last edited by adrians38; September 18, 2019 at 06:40 AM.

TGW also look like real name in real language are used in game for country's, II Rzeczpospolita Polska that's proper polish name for Poland.

Patrician

Its meant to be a sandbox campaign so there will only be one war when the campaign starts and that will be the Reds vs the whites in russia. Everyone else will be at peace.

Nice man you can make own early WW2 what about units for Poland and other emergent ??