Thread: cursum honorum/ faction banners edit

Default cursum honorum/ faction banners edit

1)
    i have created a new faction and the last thing i have to do is adding new banners and flags. i edit the faction_banner_sicily.texture and faction_banner_sicily_trans.texture. when i changed the banner and want to save gimp i have these options to compresse dxt1, dxt2, dxt3, dxt5, ati1 & ati2 Whats the right one? could someone please list all files where i should change the flag

2)
    is it possible to add something like the cursum honorum (consul, praetor and so on) from Rome to Medieval 2 or is it hardcoded?

If the answer is yes please help me with doing that

thx sto123

Default Re: cursum honorum/ faction banners edit

1) I use dxt 5 with alpha channels.
    Also, there's a royal banner texture file somewhere to not forget, don't know how to change flags from armies on the strat map.

2) Dunno what the cursum honorum is, but if it's like text, you can write it on the banners.

Xerces's Avatar Tiro

Your new faction. Do you intend to make new units for it?

Xerces
    "But sire, wont we hit our own troops?"..."Yes but we'll hit theirs as well!"
    "it's easy enough to say "wait for the patch" or "wait for modders," both of which have dramatically improved Creative Assembly's previous games. I can only presume that will be the case here, at which point I look forward to seeing how Empire: Total War turns out. But we review the games we're given, not the games we wish they'll become."

Founding Member of MTWII Modding Arts Inc.
    My How To Add A Region Guide For MTW2

there are two versions planned

the first will be released in a few days (without new units)
    and after that i will start creating new units

if u want to help me it would be great

Is the faction you are creating a brand new one or a modification of the Sicily faction? (I'd love to see someone create a brand new faction and share the how-to)