Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: A Year of Trump

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: A Year of Trump

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Congrats Trump on getting the government shut down in your first year even though your party controls the house and senate.

Impressive indeed.
    Well he did say he was gonna run the country like he runs his business. I guess this is the part where he declares bankruptcy and runs off?
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

to be fair, its the one occasion where the words match the deeds, we can hardly be mad if the even trump is in a position of: I TOLD YOU SO!

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Copperknickers II View Post
    It's now officially one year since Trump's inauguration, and we're all still here and nothing overly dramatic has happened. Maybe Trump isn't so bad after all... Nah, I'm pretty sure he'll have accidentally caused a major war by this time next year.

I was never a Trump supporter, but neither do I hate Trump. I don't approve of many things he's done, but there are many things I do approve of.
    This Trump apocalypse hyperbole really needs to end.
    Last edited by Derpy Hooves; January 20, 2018 at 12:32 PM.

Fun fact. There was a government shut down in 2013. But clearly Trump is the worst.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Indeed, seeing as under his presidency it's the first time ever the government has shut down while under single party control. A true master negotiator.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Everyone knows that GOP is infested with neocons, who have same agenda with Democrats except for cosmetic issues. So "single party control" is merely an illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Fun fact. There was a government shut down in 2013. But clearly Trump is the worst.
    I remember everyone pro-Democract going on a rant on how more spending was needed and how it was necessary to raise debt ceiling, and only petty bigoted right wing republicans couldn't understand that. All the pro-Democrat economists encouraging and blogging for more public spending, etc.

Now they magically forgot. Politics game can easily lose even the ideological/purpose sense and become just endemic sectarianism.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Yeah, I have some recollection of that, and how Democrats screamed and wailed that Republicans were terrorists, it would result in death and chaos, the apocalypse was nigh.
    But now that Democrats are shutting down the government... well.... Democrats are lazy lying hypocrites.
    (Does anyone remember what reaction was in this forum?)

Elfdude's Avatar Tribunus
    Patrician Citizen

It was shut down because the republicans refused more public spending on over a dozen different issues.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Pathetic. Not even major Republican names such as Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham voted for the bill. Truly a catastrophic failure on their part. Keep on winning Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

B. W.'s Avatar Primicerius

Trump has had a pretty good first year:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2018...ear-in-office/

If he normalizes relations with Russia and cleanses government form globalist infestation, he could really be considered one of the best presidents US ever had.

Lol. The shut down is Senate democrats throwing a tantrum about immigration, holding the country hostage on behalf of immigrants. Not Trump's fault at all.

Patrician Citizen

It's not just immigration.

I wonder if liberals have at least one stance that isn't based on doublethink:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Patrician Citizen

The funny thing is that your cartoon contains at least part of the reason why the situation between the two is different.

2013, the legislative branch was controlled by republicans. In 2018, ALL BRANCHES are controlled by republicans.

But you can't see the difference?

As it was pointed out before, GOP is not a unified party, as aside form sane people, it is infested by globalist neocons, who are just as eager to sabotage anything Trump does as Dems are.

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Quote Originally Posted by Séverus Sñape View Post
    Lol. The shut down is Senate democrats throwing a tantrum about immigration, holding the country hostage on behalf of immigrants. Not Trump's fault at all.
    Trump disagrees with you.

As the White House on Friday refused to accept any responsibility for the government shutdown that will result if Democrats and Republicans cannot agree on a spending deal before midnight, remarks made by citizen Donald Trump in 2013 reveals what he thought then about the role of presidential leadership during a similar political crisis under President Barack Obama.

"I mean problems start from the top and they have to get solved from the top," Trump said of Obama during the interview with Fox News. "And the president's the leader. And he's got to get everybody in a room and he's got to lead."
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...nment-shutdown
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

I don't care. Since when do I have to agree with everything Trump says and thinks? But in any case you're comparing apples to oranges and it only shows you don't understand the circumstances of both shut downs.

Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    As it was pointed out before, GOP is not a unified party, as aside form sane people, it is infested by globalist neocons, who are just as eager to sabotage anything Trump does as Dems are.
    Bwahahaha.

You realize that the GOP is the more united party right? Even in terms of today, you'll find more Dems that break with party politics than you will find GOP, this is what made it impossible to work with Republicans even when Dems had control, unlike republicans, pulling off even 1 republican was impossible, ya'll pulled off multiple dems and still couldn't pass it.

Quote Originally Posted by Séverus Sñape View Post
    I don't care. Since when do I have to agree with everything Trump says and thinks? But in any case you're comparing apples to oranges and it only shows you don't understand the circumstances of both shut downs.
    This is such a weird and awkward statement. All it does is say that when trump is in an objectively better position than Obama he can't pull off the same thing he claimed Obama should've done.
    Last edited by Elfdude; January 20, 2018 at 05:27 PM.