Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Issue report thread

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Default Issue report thread

Report any issues with Xenophonia 1C here. Bugs, errors, etc.

Here's a list of Danish and Russian/Polish units that do not say anything when clicked on the battle map. As more units are reported, I will add them to the list.

Denmark:
    Knights Templar
    Chivalric Knights
    Knights Hospitaller
    Norse Archers
    Norse Axemen
    Norse Swordsmen
    Norse War Clerics
    Huscarls
    Scouts
    Viking Raiders
    Obudshaer
    Sword Staff Militia
    Dismounted Chivalric Knights
    Dismounted Huscarls
    Crossbowmen
    Ribault

Russia
    Dismounted Boyar Sons
    Boyar Sons
    Kazaks
    Tsar's Guard
    Dvor Cavalry
    Basilisk

Poland
    Hussars
    Polish Guard
    Polish Nobles
    Polish Knights
    Serpentine
    Ribault
    Huscarls

Units that use the wrong sample:

Italian factions
    Crossbowmen

Thanks!
    Last edited by Beiss; February 13, 2007 at 12:15 PM.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Default Re: Issue report thread

Hi Beiss ! Great job !

But what execly new in russian pack ? I think need i download new pack or not ? Or maybe you upload little chenge for people hwo download previous rus pack ?

Ok, here's the deal: The first Russian soundpack replaced all of the files that Poland, Russia and Hungary used. The new Russian soundpack enables Hungary to keep speaking broken English - they no longer have to speak Russian - you can choose.

The new Russian soundpack contains the exact same files - but they have been renamed from "East_European*" to "Russian*". Renaming files can be done it dos, but then only the first 8 letters in the filename change. If you try "rename East_European* Russian*", the result is that the files are renamed to "Russianuropean*" or something.

I needed to make the new soundpack because otherwise, the installation process would become very complicated, first unpacking the Russian files and then moving them somewhere else to be renamed so they don't overwrite the pre-existing sound files.

So the answer is YES, you will need to download the new Russian soundpack if you're using the new installer (1C), unless you want to rename the files yourself manually, or the Russians will not speak at all.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

You installator have a error in this place ( i write it befor, but maybe only for me ??)

move data\sounds\Voice\*.* /s Voice

i write right code

md Voice
    md Voice\Animal
    md Voice\Animal\Camel
    md Voice\Animal\Elephant
    md Voice\Animal\Horse
    md Voice\Animal\Wardog
    md Voice\Human
    md Voice\Human\Generic
    md Voice\Human\Localized
    md Voice\Human\Localized\Battle_Events
    md Voice\Human\Localized\Battle_Map
    md Voice\Human\Localized\Camp_Map
    md Voice\Human\Localized\Narration
    md Voice\Human\Localized\Pre_Battle_Speech

move data\sounds\Voice\Animal\Camel\*.* Voice\Animal\Camel
    move data\sounds\Voice\Animal\Elephant\*.* Voice\Animal\Elephant
    move data\sounds\Voice\Animal\Horse\*.* Voice\Animal\Horse
    move data\sounds\Voice\Animal\Wardog\*.* Voice\Animal\Wardog
    move data\sounds\Voice\Human\Generic\*.* Voice\Human\Generic
    move data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized\Battle_Events\*.* Voice\Human\Localized\Battle_Events
    move data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized\Battle_Map\*.* Voice\Human\Localized\Battle_Map
    move data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized\Camp_Map\*.* Voice\Human\Localized\Camp_Map
    move data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized\Narration\*.* Voice\Human\Localized\Narration
    move data\sounds\Voice\Human\Localized\Pre_Battle_Speech\*.* Voice\Human\Localized\Pre_Battle_Speech

jast delete you code and add my ))

So i make code for ald russian pack )) here (hwo dont want dowload a same files one more time ))

I jast add italian for old Xeno files, all speach (5+engl) is work ( installator too )) http://slil.ru/23681621
    jast plase files from New folder to M2TW folder, install like xenofonia readme

and portuges i make spanish(but may change, look redme Xeno point 5X)
    and hungarian - mediterein leng
    other like xeno 1c

Thanks! I've already download your new installer! Bye!
    Tira 'cchjiù nu pilu é cunnu ara 'nchjìanata 'ca 'na parigghjia e voi ara scinduta!!!

OH NO

The code worked for me but now it doesn't...

I'll change the installer with your code, but I've already edited the text files you sent me, so they should work.

mr.blonde's Avatar Tiro

hey mates your work is fantastic, but i have a little problem i installed the mod and i begin to check the factions voices, france ,venice etc all very nice. I begin my new campaign with Sicily and they have no voice, campaign or battle, i believe i installed the mod correctly and the other modded factions are ok so do you have any suggestion?
    thanks in advance

edit: problem solved i was just testing with vanilla version and i began my campaign with my modded version without copying the sounds folder in my mod's folder, arghh...sorry guys
    Last edited by mr.blonde; January 04, 2007 at 05:13 PM.

Walk softly and carry a big gun

Lord Cunami's Avatar Tiro

HI
    first of all great mod
    However I;m having huge problems installing this. I have tried now for fourth time to do exactly as your readme says.
    First two times I used installer 1c but then found out I needed installer 1d which i tried just now two times and I still dont get the russians, italian or spanish to work. Previously french and german worked but now none do
    Can you plz help me
    thanks

Lord Cunami's Avatar Tiro

Ok I tried again for the fifth time and now all factions work in the custom battle.
    However on the campaign map russian voices dont work.
    Let me explain I play french and when I click on a character on the campaign map they would say something. The french, german, italian and spanish work but no others do, including russians, english, islamic faction.
    Is it normal that factions with no language pack from xenophobia like islamic ones dont work? But then why arent russian working either.
    Well in any case I'm gonna uninstall this till these things get worked out
    Thanks

I'm not able to help you! When there is Bleiss, he surely can help better than me!

P.S.

I've no problem with the audio file for the factions!
    Tira 'cchjiù nu pilu é cunnu ara 'nchjìanata 'ca 'na parigghjia e voi ara scinduta!!!

Hi there! First of all: Great mod - I really appreciate the effort you put into this. However, I'm somewhat confused - I've downloaded the 1d installer from filefront, but it still says 1c when I execute the .bat - I've never downloaded the 1c version, so I guess (hope) that it's just a minor mistake.
    Furthermore, I got an error message saying that the .bat couldn't find xenophonia1russian.exe - (well it wasn't there), so I renamed xenophonia1russianNEW.exe to xenophonia1russian.exe and it worked...

Sorry if this has been reported before - I'll check if it works and report back...

[edit]: Everything working fine for me - thanks again for your effort - now I can play the french for the first time!
    Last edited by Niccolo Machiavelli; January 05, 2007 at 05:04 PM.

under the patronage of Belisarius

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

Did everything you said to do, noticed the same things as Niccolo there.

I'm using the WinningComboMod, and only the French and German voices are in their native tongue, not the others?

Hwo dont work mod you need download installator 1c and open install xenophonia.bat you need del one string and add same strings ( i write before up page) then install like in readme (original installer is brocken)

if you install mod befor(old vers or broken install) in *:\Medieval II Total War\data\sounds del events (dat/idx) and replace from vanilla_backup music and sfx and voise 1-3 (dat/idx)

Hwo have old russian pack - xenophonia1russian.exe (not new - xenophonia1russianNEW.exe ) need download my files (i write before up page) and place files from New folder to M2TW folder, install like xenofonia readme

And del file map.rwm from *:\Medieval II Total War\data\world\maps\base
    before runing(game make when run new file)

For voice work in mods jast place files events (dat/idx) (after first start vanila )in folder mod\data\sounds , like d:\Medieval II Total War\HARDGAME_1_0\data\sounds
    and del file map.rwm from mod\data\world\maps\base

All voise work great ! Mod perfectly, its problems growning ))

so i make new installer (for NEW rus pack, for old download my previos files)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7CRT9I9 jast replase in folder *:\Medieval II Total War\xenophonia he del map.rwm too jast run and enjoy ))
    Last edited by NIKO_TWOW.RU; January 05, 2007 at 02:21 PM.

LOL

Don't tell me I got the installer screwed up AGAIN? ...

I'll look into this whenever I have time, and in the meantime, I guess you're gonna have to listen to Niko...

Anyway, thanks for your support and telling me there's something wrong. We'll get things right eventually.

Did the manual install this time, and the exact opposite is happening now, The Russians, Poles, Spanish and Italian factions are talking in their tongues but the French and Germans talk in their broken English

What went wrong there?

Still have the problem, and I notice the Danes are speaking the German English. The soundfiles are in French and German.

LOL WTF ARGHHH

Look in your M2TW\data\sounds\data\sounds folder. Is there a voice folder in here? If so, move it to M2TW\data\sounds. Also look in your M2TW\data\sounds\Voice folder. The folder structure in here should be Human\Localized, and in the Localized folder should be 4 folders, battle_events, battle_map, camp_map and pre_battle_speech . Look in either of these 4 and see if you can find files beginning with German or French. Listen to these files. What language is spoken in these files?

Germans speak German, French speak French, all the folders in the right place. Localised folder has those 4 folders and a Narration one.

The strange thing is it's the exact opposite problem than I had earlier.

Wait a second...

In the soundfiles, the Germans speak German and the French speak French? And yet in the game the Germans and French speak English?...

You must have missed a step in the installation or something. Please, remove the files Voice1.*, Voice3.* and event.* in your M2TW\data\sounds folder (you still have the vanilla backups in the backup folder, I hope), and start the game again. How 'bout now?

Removed those files, thought I had removed them already, the game loads up until the screen were you select New Game/Continue Campaign/Options and get an error message, game closes, happened twice now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast