Thread: rome and politics

Default rome and politics

So I'm at 62% of the senate I REALLY wanna become an empire .. closing in on winning the 2nd civil war.. what do I do to get more senators? nothing I do seems to add any besides civil wars

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: rome and politics

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf392 View Post
    So I'm at 62% of the senate I REALLY wanna become an empire .. closing in on winning the 2nd civil war.. what do I do to get more senators? nothing I do seems to add any besides civil wars
    1) Win battles.
    2) Capture settlements.
    3) Complete missions.

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

In all previous DEI campaigns, I've never had a civil war. I was playing the reduced civil wars mod and kept my numbers below the threshold triggers and that worked.
    Just had one in my current 1.2.2 campaign with the new political system. It hit in GT295/205BC and imperium 6. I'm playing as the Nobiles and was at 35% of the senate before the rebellion and 44% now. I had been paying fairly close attention to the politics and consistently bribed the other factions to keep CW risk at 0%. Then a few turns before the rebellion, even with bribes I couldn't get the risk lower than 3%. The Patricii rebelled when they were at 22% of the senate and took with them the I Germanica and XX Valeria Victrix both in Gaul, but only two small settlements there. Most of North Africa also rebelled, but interestingly I was engaged in a war with Egypt and had four legions in Africa, but none rebelled. The rebellion also spawned a new faction the Optimates who are also not a happy group.
    I was about to post a question about how many more CW to expect, but this thread seems to indicate to expect a lot and that beating them down is the only way to empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin247 View Post
    In all previous DEI campaigns, I've never had a civil war. I was playing the reduced civil wars mod and kept my numbers below the threshold triggers and that worked.
    Just had one in my current 1.2.2 campaign with the new political system. It hit in GT295/205BC and imperium 6. I'm playing as the Nobiles and was at 35% of the senate before the rebellion and 44% now. I had been paying fairly close attention to the politics and consistently bribed the other factions to keep CW risk at 0%. Then a few turns before the rebellion, even with bribes I couldn't get the risk lower than 3%. The Patricii rebelled when they were at 22% of the senate and took with them the I Germanica and XX Valeria Victrix both in Gaul, but only two small settlements there. Most of North Africa also rebelled, but interestingly I was engaged in a war with Egypt and had four legions in Africa, but none rebelled. The rebellion also spawned a new faction the Optimates who are also not a happy group.
    I was about to post a question about how many more CW to expect, but this thread seems to indicate to expect a lot and that beating them down is the only way to empire.
    IIrc, up to 7 new political groups can be spawned. I would imagine a campaign coming to a conclusion or having zero risk of civil war before experiencing that many. That could make for a great campaign though!