Thread: Kingdom of Dale AAR

Default Kingdom of Dale AAR

The Kingdom of Dale -

A humble nation, she was, aye. A humble nation that had grown to encompass the plains of the Rhovanians, the lush forests of the Dorwinions, the dry steppes of the Rhun, and the desolate lands of Mordor. Under the direction of King Bard, his favored General, Vidusith, he was sent in his young age to conquer these lands, and expand the Kingdom of Dale Southwards, to Greatness.

Through his mighty leadership, he conquered Rhovania, Rhun, and the Dorwinions.

These astounding victories secured him in power, and he stood next to Bard himself in authority. However, this did not last, as the treacherous fiends of Mordor sent a full army to kill Vidusith the Kind, as he was placing watchtowers upon the borders for the protection of Dale. Vidusith suffered his first defeat at the hands of the orcs, but not before he was reduced to only two bodyguards did he retreat to fight another day.

He retreated to a scarcely populated town in Dorwinion, but the orcs followed. There he was trapped, with a garrison of only his dear friends, spear levies and rivermen, he fought to the death as a brave hero would.

News of his death quickly spread to the capital of Dale, where Bard was heartbroken, suffering a stroke at this tragedy. He ordered the construction of a monument in the capital as high as the towers of Minas Morgul, costing tens of thousands of gold coins, all in Vidusith's honor.

He set out to recruit the largest army Dale has ever assembled, even with the pitiful coffers that Dale had. Swordsmasters, Earls, Barding Hirds, and Dwarves were recruited for this undertaking. During this he ordered the construction of a system of five main fleets for transportation across the united Dalic river, and used it to arrive in provincial capital of Rhun, Mistrand. The army marched day and night under the direct command of Bard himself, who had Bain rule in his stead.

Bard went south unto the very gates of Minas Morgul, and laid siege. He was attacked by a horde of some 5000 orcs, on the orders of the Dark Lord of Mordor.

But his men released their pent up fury, and defeated them soundly and decisively. In the North-East of Rhun, Mistrand grew to become powerful, and began construction of it's own army under Brand, who invaded Mordor from the East. The Battle for Minas Morgul was short, as the garrison was depleted from the failed attack, and was subsequently conquered by Dale.

This move shocked the West, where the soon-to-be destroyed nation of Rohan promptly requested trade, and Gondor itself requested an alliance; Both were accepted. With the help of Gondorian recruits, and Dalic bravery, Mordor was, after great lengths of time, suffering, and sacrifice, defeated. Dale had grown to become the largest nation, and finally had a backbone of a financial system.

Reforms began throughout the Kingdom, which marked it's transition into an Empire, with the Rhunnic lands becoming the new capital, to minimize travel distances and corruption.

The economy was bolstered, and all orcs were put to the sword, marking the complete domination of man in all affairs. Bard's secret dream of Mannish ascendancy was completed, and he died in peace.

This was a truly great play through, and I had so much fun doing it. I would like to thank the Third Age team for making this all happen, and MOS for taking the experience to another level.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Kingdom of Dale AAR

Really fun read Sonterp! It's obvious that you really had a good time this campaign and I think you did an excellent job capturing it with your writing. I hope you are inspired by future campaigns to write more because I enjoyed your work!

Have some rep!

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

Wow the worlds quickest AAR. From turn 13 to turn 171 in a matter of inches! It does seem like you had fun with this modification. It is good that you also thanked the creators of the mod! How about a snippet or two (if you can) from some of the more interesting parts of the campaign? If not, well good job in any case! Thanks for the post.

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

I enjoyed this, particularly the tale of Vidusith the Kind and your great screenshots (especially the charging orcs at the Battle of Minas Morgul). This looks like a great campaign with an impressive mod. I hope you'll write more AARs in future.

A nicely done fast story.
    That 4th screenshot is good enough for the Picture of the week competition.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...08-Submissions -You can enter here if you wish.Atleast i liked it very much.

and all orcs were put to the sword
    Oh no,time to scoot.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

This is excellent!

I don't have much to add to what everyone else has said, but you've done a brilliant job of getting a great deal of story into just one post.