Thread: The ''subjugate'' option.

Default The ''subjugate'' option.

So, I went with the White Huns campaign, first turns:
    -sacked& razed Merv
    -sacked Dahistan, then Parthia retook it, I had the option to subjugate them and did that

The campaign went tits up shortly later because I didn't know how to manage horde economics.

Tried it today, same start:
    -sacked and razed Merv
    -sacked Dahistan, can't subjugate Parthia

One of the sub-objectives is to have 3 clients, so I'd like to do that. What am I missing?

Default Re: The ''subjugate'' option.

Im yet to try it in my Visigothic campaing but i recon it works as it did in R2 , they have to fear you a lot, or you have to conquer their last settlement....
    (first campaing in Atila, as first started playing Atila a few weeks ago), and i already own half of Gaul and the North of Iberia.

But for Horde Mechanics just remember to Form Camps on your armies now and then, and you can build stuff like you usualy do in cities, that should help your economy. Replenish your Units, and lower upkeep. Also continuing to sack cities and towns always helps your coffers, in the meantime.

My High King Alaric, raided and sacked all of Greece, Italy ( including Rome) and plenty of North Africa before i settled in Narbo. ( i took it slow. So far im enjoying a lot my Atila campaing)

I actually found out what happened then forgot about the thread. You can't subjugate satrapies. Basically the first time, once I razed Dahistan and I couldn't subjugate, a Parthian army remained. Once I clicked ''end turn'', the Sassanids in their turn dropped the protection over Parthia, because that's what the AI does whenever a satrapy loses all its settlements, then of course Parthia was next in the order of factions doing their turn, so they took over Dahistan again in the same round the Sassanids had dropped them.

Hence I was able to siege and take Dahistan in the next turn and force the subjugation.

When I played the second time, Parthia didn't escape with the sole army, hence I couldn't force it.

Also yes, with Hordes you need to form camps almost all the time, otherwise your integrity crumbles, they don't grow, you lose money. Interesting mechanic tbh.

I remember when I found out about that the first time I was playing as the ERE.

I was trying very hard not to touch any of the Sassanid satrapies and only take over Sassanid regions so when I reach their last I can subjugate Sassanids.

I finally managed to do so but then I was still at war with all their satrapies.

It was different in Rome 2, I remember in one campaign as Egypt I subjugated in the same style the last region of Seulucid and it automatically transfered their satrapies under my control.

Weird!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Arcturus Mengsk View Post

It was different in Rome 2, I remember in one campaign as Egypt I subjugated in the same style the last region of Seulucid and it automatically transfered their satrapies under my control.

Weird!
    Interesting.

Though it'd make an easy game even easier, so probably better not to.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

That is strange.

In my Himyar campaign I captured the Sassanids' last settlement, clicked "subjugate" and all their client states became my vassals too. I didn't have to fight them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

So it's definitely still there.

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Maybe Emperor Arcturus Mengsk was still at war with those smaller satrap factions because they had already rebelled against the Sassanids/were not actually vassals at the time?

Often factions get destroyed/rebel/reappear/break away from their master during campaign and the Sassanids do not always retain control over the smaller factions, It's not unusual to find some of them independent or even at war with the Sassanids if you are some way into a campaign.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; December 25, 2017 at 09:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    I am quite impressed by the fact that you managed to make such a rant but still manage to phrase it in such a way that it is neither relevant to the thread nor to the topic you are trying to introduce to the thread.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I think what happened to him is that once the satrapies saw the Sassanids get close to being wiped out, they all revolted, dumped the Sassanids, but thus remained at war with him after he subjugated the Sassanids.

You instead were able to subjugate the Sassanids before the satrapies revolted, hence got the full package.