Thread: CTD When loading campaign or starting new one

Default CTD When loading campaign or starting new one

So DarthMod was running fine for me when I first installed it a few weeks ago. I played a campaign as Great Britain and it worked perfectly. I put it down for a couple weeks and when I returned to it something was wrong. Whenever I click "continue campaign", it will cut to the loading splash screen. The sound will cut out for a second, and cut back in. The frame is frozen while this is happening. A second or two later, the game CTDs and gives me the "Empire has stopped working" message. I've looked through this forum and tried several things to fix it but none have worked. Any help would be appreciated.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: CTD When loading campaign or starting new one

Can you play vanilla? If not then just re-install base game. It really sounds like you have a very corrupted install.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Have you read this?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I tried that. I uninstalled DME from my folder and tried to play vanilla but it crashed just like before. I validated the file integrity several times and it didn't do anything. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Empire but it still does it.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Where did you install ETW, is it inside of Steam or is it outside of Steam plus where is Steam installed?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

I installed via steam....i then installed DME into ETW/ Steamapps / data folder / is that right?? as my game wont start from launcher?

Edit: Ok i've sussed it, should not have put it in the 'data folder'!!! P.s Any reason why we are restricted to 2tpy for the 40unit saves??
    Last edited by Poacher886; December 19, 2017 at 02:39 PM.

It's inside Steam and Steam is in its usual place.

gazastripclub's Avatar Foederatus

Ok so it's a directory issue? The directions are very unclear as to WHERE you put the installer and everything. So the folder DME should NOT be in Data? I checked all the Dathmod sticky thread original posts and he is most unhelpful.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

The installer can go anywhere. Just direct it to Empire Total war, and the file ‘DME’ will be alongside, not inside ‘data’.

The launcher takes files from DME and puts them inside data, or removes them.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.