Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just want to thank the amazing creators of this mod

Default Just want to thank the amazing creators of this mod

It is so satisfying and epic to go from the crumbling nation of Dale, to build an empire out of levies in cloth armor, defeating Rhun, and claiming greatness after gaining heavy infantry. Playing as the underdog is so amazing and satisfying, and seeing your lowly nation become great even moreso.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you guys for this amazing experience.

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

Default Re: Just want to thank the amazing creators of this mod

Remember to check the sub-mods.

The 3.2 version is long outdated now.

We've added so much stuff that even professional companies must be envy of us.

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    ... even professional companies must be envy of us.
    If that's true then they must envy 3.2 as well. It still remains a great game in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    If that's true then they must envy 3.2 as well. It still remains a great game in its own right.

I've written 3 sentences, first and second are linked. Third is about TATW itself, not about sub mods.

I'm not sure what's Withwnar intention but as it is not the first time it happens in the forums, let me say something, because I've always noticed some indirect censorship when I say something about my own submod.

Do you think I warned that guy about the submods because I wanted to promote myself? Like "My submod is the best, TATW 3.2 alone is bad."

Dude...

I don't give a about pride, authoral rights or anything like this. This is a videogame forum crowded by teenagers and kids who don't even know me personally. I don't know what kind of life you guys have but I have more important things to care about. No one in my real life knows I'm a videogame modder, and I don't care. I only care about bills to pay.

This is why I allow everyone to use my stuff, I made it for fun and I won't ask for "fame", this is ridiculous for a grown man.
    Once some Russian guys asked me permission to use my stuff and I was advised by moderators to "not deal with russians". Well... they are using my stuff now because I allowed them. Who the hell cares if in Russia no one knows that I'm the creator of these settlements? I don't. I want Russians to have fun like everyone else.

I don't want to be part of the TATW mod team, replace any other modder, or be praised by people who I don't even know. I don't have a mediocre life, I'm not a nerd who has no real life. I have important things to care about, like job, relationship etc. If you think that creating stuff for videogames in an annonimous forum to be praised by people I don't even know is my life goal, well you are quite mistaken.

Others censured me in the past because of the name of my mod, like if I was trying to take the lead of the TATW modding or some ridiculous thing like this.
    I DON'T GIVE A F.

Sorry for this but it's something many of the guys here will only understand when they reach mature age. I don't live in a videogame world. I like to make jokes about pride, ask people to "bow before me". But if you think this is for serious, you better look for the meaning or "sarcasm" in the dictionary.

You all can use my stuff, even if you don't like me. I have no problems with ego.

This was not personal, just something I had to say.
    Last edited by ElvenKind; December 16, 2017 at 11:37 AM. Reason: censor bypassing

Withwnar's Avatar Script To The Waist

Crikey. No, Leo, it wasn't about you. I believed you when you said "us".

My apologies for misinterpreting the third sentence. In the context of the post it came across as "3.2 is old; check the submods because we're doing amazing things there".

My point was that I disagree with this notion of 3.2 being outdated. Sure, submods improve things. But not everybody sees every change a submod makes as an improvement, so in some ways each submod is worse. Every submod is merely a variation of 3.2, not a must-have replacement of it. Everyone will have their own thoughts on this and that's my point: for some 3.2 still remains the best option. And is still a great game in and of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Withwnar View Post
    Crikey. No, Leo, it wasn't about you. I believed you when you said "us".

My apologies for misinterpreting the third sentence. In the context of the post it came across as "3.2 is old; check the submods because we're doing amazing things there".

My point was that I disagree with this notion of 3.2 being outdated. Sure, submods improve things. But not everybody sees every change a submod makes as an improvement, so in some ways each submod is worse. Every submod is merely a variation of 3.2, not a must-have replacement of it. Everyone will have their own thoughts on this and that's my point: for some 3.2 still remains the best option. And is still a great game in and of itself.
    Its fine, I was not refering to you personally. It's just something I wanted to say.
    I must admit part of this is my faul too, because I always make jokes about being superb and proud of my stuff, asking people to show respect and all. But all this is abvious a joke, not serious.

But I disagree with you about 3.2, and let me explain why.

Submods like mine includes A LOT of bug fixes.
    You may remember about all the fixes I've made for 3.2 custom settlements. Like making Minas Tirith fully funcitonal for AI, making armies attacking the black gate from Mordor to show up behind the gate, not in front of it, etc etc etc...

The main point is that my submod was never intended to compete with 3.2, the main intention was always to add more things in a way that King Kong would PROBABLY do, since he always followed the Lore and Movies. I tried to do the same. (Except for bear riders... but I think I will remove it, looks like a bad idea now)

The main proof for this is that I never replaced any of 3.2's settlements with something mine, except for Erebor. Not because my version is better, or more beautiful, but because it was necessary to match the movie.

For me its quite obvious that having proper generic gondorian settlements is better than having medieval 2 vanilla cities. This is not about my talent or ideas, its something mandatory.

I've started working in TATW in 2010, it's been like 7 years! And my main intention when I decided to work on it is now the same I had back there: "We must complete the middle earth".

Our task is almost complete so now I can die in peace.
    Last edited by leo.civil.uefs; December 15, 2017 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    This is a videogame forum crowded by teenagers and kids who don't even know me personally.
    I'm 28. Am I out of age here...?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

There're many of those for sure, and that's all what's said, but TW games have broad appeal and a significant amount of grown ups, so you're certainly not out of age hehe. I know and known folks around here all up the their 50ths, and myself am 31 without feeling out of anything ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Had to censor you again leo, for bypassing a censored word.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Had to censor you again leo, for bypassing a censored word.
    I used "F..." instead of writing the entire word. But it is still wrong, check again the post, there is another instance of the F word there.

Now seriously, sorry for this. I did not know these rules about bypassing bad words.

Writing just "F" is fine.

As you can see from the link I`ve posted, you have an example there:

For example, if "gris" is a banned word:

- Not allowed: g-r-i-s, gr*s, g***, 9|-1$, girs, gryeeeas, grizznizz, **** (rhymes with "bris")

- Allowed: ****, ****ed, ****ing, g'ed, g-word
    You have used the one which I marked with red, bold and underlined.. so I had to edit it.

Now, all, lets get back to topic.
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by ElvenKind View Post
    Now, all, lets get back to topic.
    Aye! King Kong shalt have righteous praise and proper sacrafices!

Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ngugi View Post
    Aye! King Kong shalt have righteous praise and proper sacrafices!

LOL WTF.

I agree with the OP. TATW is one of the best wargames I have played. That includes professional ones where the devs were paid. A Happy New Year to all who went before us and paved the way with their sweat and tears (imagein a Churchillan Voice) :-)

Then thank Creative Assembly. The mod makers added Third Age skins and garrison scripts and barracks lockouts and scripted invasions and AI buffs out the wazoo. The base game is what you're most fond of, and that's not something the mod makers have actively messed with beyond making things worse for the player.
    Last edited by Bloodly; December 29, 2017 at 10:39 AM.

And when someone praise another for making them a splendid, free dinner, tell them to instead thank the farmers who produced the ingredients, because the chef only prepared, cooked and seasoned ingredients that already existed. Thank you Bloodly, most enlightening

I don't think they're good chefs. They've painted the carrots yellow and tried to sell them as bananas. And don't get me started on the potatoes. They taste of strawberry.

The game's unsatisfying. It doesn't want you to attack people, because everything's tagged with garrison scripts, to say nothing of the 'help weakened faction' bits. It doesn't want you to hang back, because the AI gets free money and doesn't suffer corruption or unrest.
    law_bonus bonus 8 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1

On top of the standard boosts for the so-called required Very Hard/Very Hard, it gets even more.

recruits_morale_bonus bonus 2 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    recruits_morale_bonus bonus 3 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_stone bonus 50 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1
    construction_cost_bonus_wooden bonus 50 requires event_counter is_the_ai 1

Victories mean nothing, because everyone except you is wandering around with stacks on stacks.

No, sir, I'm not happy with the meal.
    Last edited by Bloodly; December 30, 2017 at 07:54 AM.

To each his own.

Gallus's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodly View Post
    The base game is what you're most fond of, and that's not something the mod makers have actively messed with beyond making things worse for the player.
    I totally disagree with that. I find vanilla M2TW quite boring. It has some potential, but it's not very fun to play. Let's put it this way, if mods didn't exist I'd have uninstalled my copy of M2TW a decade ago. CA deserves credit for making a decent engine and making the game fully moddable. But the modding community deserves credit for taking an average game with a good engine and turning it into a great game.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus View Post
    if mods didn't exist I'd have uninstalled my copy of M2TW a decade ago. CA deserves credit for making a decent engine and making the game fully moddable. But the modding community deserves credit for taking an average game with a good engine and turning it into a great game.
    Same.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast