Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: How To Create a New Faction (using Normans/Saxons)

Default Re: Tutorial: How To Create a New Faction (using Normans/Saxons)

Do you realize there are four of these descr_win_conditions.txt files inside the game directory? how would one know whom you refer to???

I managed to understand your tutorial until you say: "Make sure that your character's name appears under the faction's name list in names.txt."
    Fisrt of all where can i find that file? second of all, you say: "(This is one of the files that doesnt unpack, download it first or use the string.bin converter) Paste underneath when done." What are you talking about!? could you be more specific? as to where how what?

Also where is this file, I can not find this file: export_descr_buildings.txt any ideas why, how, and where to find it? Waiting for reply...

@MedievalFreak: You need the txt/bin converter mentioned in the tutorial. These files can normally be found in the data/text folder.

The one thing I found lacking in the tutorial is that it assumes you know the location of all the files. I know I can search the data folder to find most of them but doing that every time a file is mentioned is really bothersome!

Edit- have tried the Create Faction from Nothing Tutorial with better results. Now to move on to adding Brittania ireland units to retrofit.
    Last edited by Rabain; September 21, 2007 at 05:44 AM.

I added a new faction with the Normans, but when I start it up it says that I have failed my victory conditions and that I was conquered. I made it so they control York and Caernarvon. Neither of these are under the Rebel settlements. I also double checked, and my armies coordinates aren't owned by any other army. Anyone else encounter this problem (and hopefully fix it)?

I just read the whole thread through again, and I caught something I missed before: Someone with the same problem. He said that the problem was that a rebel army shared the same coordinates as York, so the Rebel army was in York. But I just triple checked, and no army has the coordinates x 106, y 164 (except for my Norman army, which I want there). And I own 2 settlements, and no other army has the coordinates x 94, y 157 (Caernarvon).

Wow...I just started a game with Scotland to see if I could figure anything out. Here's what happened:
    -No Pope tab, all cardinals are bishops
    -All rebel settlements have no garrison
    -A pop up appeared saying the Normans were conquered.
    Last edited by CelticsDude; October 21, 2007 at 01:11 PM.

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

Do you realize there are four of these descr_win_conditions.txt files inside the game directory? how would one know whom you refer to???
    I suppose you are referring to Kingdoms when you say that? This tutorial does not apply to the expansion, only the original game.
    Under the patronage of vikrant
    Patron of Ramtha, Alletun, finneys13, SirPaladin and GrnEyedDvl

Methoz's Avatar Senator
    Bohemia (Czech: Čechy; German: Bhmen) (CZE)

hi, i have problem - how to change saxons general?? i dont need dism, general with german textures (i hate it) and need change it
    TotalWarForum.cz
    Česko-Slovensk frum o hrch ze srie Total War

Mayan-Man's Avatar Miles

Icon5 Re: Tutorial: How To Create a New Faction (using Normans/Saxons)

before I start this tutorial was great, ive only been modding 2 days and it really helped
    mostly useing this guide i managed to make the aztecs playable and work around the "Campaign victory Conditions Failed" but i ran into a problem which i desperatly want fixing. :hmmm:the aztecs only get 2 buildings each and i would like to know how i might be able to change this (IE add kingdoms files to gold edition DESCR_STRAT.TXT!) any help would greatly be apriceated

can you add your own ppl that isn't normans or anything

like deadpeople???? that being the country name and another thing can anyone teach me how to make my own mods or give me a simple one where i can understand it like everything abt modding the thing cuz i want to know how that way (correct me if im wrong) i can make my own fantsy camp. with like the pope fighting thee undead army or deamons/demons

what word prg. do you use to edit the file with the factions cus all i have is notepad and word pad

Copperknickers II's Avatar quaeri, si sapis
    Citizen

"Make sure that your character's name appears under the faction's name list in names.txt. (This is one of the files that doesnt unpack, download it first or use the string.bin converter)"

Having no trouble so far except: where can i download the names.txt file from? What do i do with it?
    A new mobile phone tower went up in a town in the USA, and the local newspaper asked a number of people what they thought of it. Some said they noticed their cellphone reception was better. Some said they noticed the tower was affecting their health.

A local administrator was asked to comment. He nodded sagely, and said simply: "Wow. And think about how much more pronounced these effects will be once the tower is actually operational."

Default export_descr_buildings??

plz help me i cant find the export_descr_buildings.txt file or the expanded.txt. file anywhere. I thought for sure they would in the same folder as the descr_strat file but its not. Plz help!
    Last edited by lostfile51; March 30, 2008 at 07:27 PM.

Icon9 Re: Tutorial: How To Create a New Faction (using Normans/Saxons)

I asked a friend who said i should have both the export_descr_building and expanded.txt. files in the same folder as the descr_strat file is in, please tell me that if this is true theres a way to fix it
    Last edited by lostfile51; March 30, 2008 at 08:13 PM.

Good Tutorial...

Butm where is the descr_sm_factions archive to change the colors...thanks

in the data folder.

Brian257043's Avatar Foederatus

Everythings going good just followed the tutorial and did everything the same, but changing the colors did not work, and the banners are exactly like englands.

The main problem is when I move the Faction leader or army outside of York, they "cannot move inside enemy range" or we when theyre next to York(when your close to and enemy and ground in faded red).

Hey, I did everything on the tutorial. (I think) I was trying to add the Normans.
    When I started the game, it CTD'd.
    Heres the system log.

17:08:36.531 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:08:36.546 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Apr 23 2007 version bld-medieval2-update2-84 (37970) ===
    17:08:37.078 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:08:37.609 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:08:38.500 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:08:39.125 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:08:39.609 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:08:39.656 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:08:51.937 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    17:08:52.109 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    17:08:52.390 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    17:08:53.156 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    17:08:53.156 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    17:08:53.468 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    17:09:01.609 [system.io] [warning] open: :?vI@Ÿ‰@ is missing
    17:09:01.859 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    Last edited by Darius0101; May 05, 2008 at 07:40 AM.

help anyone?

Good tutorial

it works but i have a few problems

i hav made croatia instead of the normans. everything works but when i let a general attack a city or an army he doesnt have a name. also when i get a new family member he also doesnt get a name. My King have a name and his wife too.....

i cant recruit units only priests, spies and diplomats why?

please help and sorry for my english

Okay this, I've been waiting till Sunday for a reply and still no answer.

ssur's Avatar Foederatus

Wauw, this tutorial actually works.

Thanks a bunch, friend.