Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highgarden

Default Highgarden

HIGHGARDEN

Highgarden, fabled seat of House Gardener, built atop a gentle hill, overlooking the extense riverine plains around it. The castle is a formidable stronghold, but its keep is the grandest in all the kingdoms and the Tyrell seat is said to be the most beautiful lordly seat in the realm; the claim disputed only by the Eyrie, famed seat of house Arryn. It lies on the Mander and is where the Ocean Road meets the Roseroad, making it an important crossroads. Highgarden is surrounded by three rings of white stone whose walls increase in height. Between the outer and middle walls is a famous briar labyrinth which serves to entertain as well as slow invaders. The oldest towers, squat and square, from the Age of Heroes. Newer towers are tall and slender, round fortifications dating from after the Andal invasion. Also within Highgarden's walls are groves, fountains, and courtyards. The sept is matched only by the Great Sept of Baelor and the Starry Sept. The castle's godswood contains three weirwoods known as the Three Singers. The palatial keep is decorated with statues and colonnades. The castle's structures are covered in ivy, grapes, and climbing roses. Highgarden is filled with flowers, singers, pipers, fiddlers and harpers. The stables have a fine selection of horseflesh, and there are pleasure boats to sail along the Mander. There are fields of golden roses that stretch as far as the eye can see. Fruits grown nearby include melons, peaches, and fireplums. All in all, the castle is more a dream than an actual castle, a dream crafted by many generations of diligent rulers.

Olenna Tyrell

OLENNA TYRELL
    Nee Redwyne.

Born 225 AC.
    Titles: Regent of the Reach, Lady of Highgarden, consort Lady of the Hightower.
    Status: Married. Formerly spoused to Luthor Tyrell (wore the black in 242 AC). Secondly married to Lord Uthor Hightower.
    Children: Elinor Tyrell (born 240 AC), Leo Tyrell (born 241 AC).

Traits and Temperaments:

+2 Survival.
    +3 Charisma (+1 from temperaments).
    +2 Wealth

Sanguine:
    - Confident: This character is very self-assured, brimming with confidence and difficult to shake even under pressure. However, taken to an extreme, they can show a suicidal disregard for their life and the lives of others, and fail to take...well, failure into account when planning. +1 battle rolls, +1 to rout rolls against this character.
    - Sociable: This character is an extroverted social butterfly, capable of making friends left and right. However, they have little time for 'boring' matters like finances, and are more interested in buying flashy things to show off to their friends than managing their wealth. +1 Charisma, -2% income.

Choleric:
    - Impulsive: This character acts before (sometimes, without) thinking. They might move and decide more quickly than others, but their recklessness can lead them to disaster as well. +5% movement speed, -1 to detection rolls.

BIOGRAPHY:

he only daughter, and second-born child, of Lord Runceford Redwyne and his wife, Alysanne Hightower, daughter of Oldtown. She has always been a high-spirited girl and, of late, is growing to be quite a formidable woman, strong-willed and witty. All the brains his brother may lack are hers, for Olenna is no meek lady but an intelligent, shrewd, even manipulative individual. Impatient and impulsive, she has quite a sharp tongue, even if often she tries to conceal her thoughts behind a curtain of courtesy and exquisite manners; time will tell what kind of woman will she become in old age. There's something she doesn't forget, blood ties, kindred: she is fiercelly protective of her own kind and has a strong sense of what family is or must be, even despite her young age, posibly because she was orphaned when still a child. Ambitious and voracious, she will not doubt a single second to use whatever might be necessary to fulfill her wishes and desires. Rather short, Olenna has, nevertheless, a finely shaped, womanly body and a comely face, graced by an adorable nose, very slightly bent upwards. She also has thick, softly curling brown hair, large and alluring brown eyes and smooth unblemished skin. All in all, Olenna could be considered pretty and fair, something she uses advantageously, for men are weak to womanly charms.

In year 240 After the Conquest she was hastily married to Luthor Tyrell, Lord Paramount of the Reach, after the man she was contracted to, prince Daeron Targaryen, had the betrothal called off. A chance taken by both Lord Tyrell and Redwyne to arrange the said match between both houses. Olenna usually uses her sweet and delicate appareance to fool most men; the new Lady Tyrell likes to pretend she is more frail and innocent than she actually is. Nine months after the wedding, a daughter was born, Elinor, and a son followed suit the next year. However, the marriage was a short-lived affair, in the end: Luthor Tyrell was found a transgressor of the King's Peace and had to wear the back in order to have his live spared, after a rather messy and troublesome conflict over Lord Crakehall's trial. Olenna was declared rightful regent of the Reach, most unexpectedly, on behalf of her son and infant liege, Leo Tyrell, destined to rule over the grandest kingdom in Westeros, despite his fail frame and apparent limp, for he had a leg shorter than the other. For the first time in centuries a woman sits in the throne of Gardeners. Despite her young age and the sorry state of the Reach's affairs, Olenna is determined to not let herself by fooled or intimidated by her rebelious vassals, willing to preserve her son's inheritance at all costs...

Upgrades and income

Income: 70,000 GD
    Modifiers: +8% (traits)+40% (buildings)=33,600 GD
    Total income: 103,600 GD
    Buildings

Tier I
    Small Trade Market - Gives access to the trade system, provides one resource to select to trade.
    Market Square: +10% income
    (River provinces only) Small Riverport: +10% income, mutually exclusive with the Coastal Dockyards
    Keep Expansions: +25% castle garrison size permitted
    Militia Armoury: +500 Militia Points
    City Watch Quarters: 400 Light Infantry permanently stationed in your home territory. Cannot be moved elsewhere.
    Wall Reinforcements: +1 Siege Defence rolls

Tier II
    Medium Trade Market: Unlocks an additional trade resource, which may be kept or traded.
    Merchant's Square: +10% province income

(River provinces only) Large Riverport:+5% income
    Keep Expansions: +50% castle garrison size permitted
    Town Watch: +1,000 Militia Points, 5% cheaper professional troop hire.
    City Watch Barracks: 200 Archers permanently stationed in your home territory. Cannot be moved elsewhere.
    Wall Reinforcements: +1 Siege Defence rolls

Tier III

Large Trade Market: Unlocks an additional trade resource, which may be kept or traded.
    Trade Hub: Allows owners of the province to gain an additional trade route.
    (River Provinces Only) Major Riverport: +5% income
    Barracks: +1,000 Militia Points, 10% cheaper professional troop hire.

Military

Tyrell Levy - 7,500 Levy Points

4,000 Light Infantry
    3,500 Archers

Tyrell Militia:

Light Infantry:
    Polearms:
    Archers:
    Heavy Infantry:
    Light Cavalry:
    Heavy Cavalry:

Tyrell Professional Soldiery:
    5xReachman Lancers

Vassals

Highgarden - House Tyrell of Highgarden, High Lords of The Mander, Lords Paramount of The Reach, Wardens of The South.
    - Bardshome - A special non-hereditary title granted by House Tyrell. Bearer titled "Master of Horse."
    - Manderford (Ruined: See 'Ruined Holdfasts' Rules). No House.
    - Westbrook - House Westbrook of Westbrook.
    - Smallwood - House Oldflowers of Smallwood.

Oldtown - House Hightower of Oldtown, High Lords of The Honeywine.
    - Blackcrown - House Bulwer of Blackcrown.
    - Bandalon - House Blackbar of Bandalon.
    - Honeyholt - House Beesbury of Honeyholt.
    - Torrentspeak - A special non-hereditary title granted by House Tyrell. Bearer titled "Warden of Torrent Pass." Fealty sworn directly to Highgarden.
    - Uplands - House Mullendore of Uplands.
    - Three Towers - House Costayne of Three Towers.
    - Sunhouse - House Cuy of Sunhouse.

Brightwater Keep - House Florent of Brightwater Keep, High Lords of Lower Mander.
    - Norcross - House Norcross of Norcross.
    - Dunnsbridge - House Dunn of Dunnsbridge.

Horn Hill (Westmarch) - House Tarly of Horn Hill, High Lords of Westmarch.
    - Middlebury - House Middlebury of Middlebury.
    - Fawn Crag - House Bushy of Fawn Crag.
    - Hunt Hills - House Hunt of Hunt Hills.
    - Sommerset - House Cockshaw of Sommerset.
    - Darkdell - House Vyrwell of Darkdell.

Shield Isles - No High Lord
    - Greyshield- House Grimm of Greyshield
    - Greenshield - House Chester of Greenshield.
    - Oakenshield - House Hewett of Oakenshield.
    - Southshield - House Serry of Southshield.

Old Oak (Ocean Road) - House Oakheart of Old Oak, High Lords of The Ocean Road
    - Catswold - House Stackhouse of Catswold.

Redwater Keep (Red Lake) - House Crane of Redwater Keep, High Lords of Re Lake.
    - Redding - House Redding of Redding.

Goldengrove - House Rowan of Goldengrove, High Lords of Golden Grove
    - Ivy Hall - House Kidwell of Ivy Hall.
    - Smithyton - House Shermer of Smithyton

The Northmarch - House Rowan of Goldengrove, Marshals of the Northmarch
    - Coldmoat - House Osgrey
    - Dosk - House Conklyn of Dosk.
    - Standfast - House Webber of Standfast.
    - Derring Downs (Northmarch) - House Durwell of Derring Downs.

Mandervale - No High Lord
    - Cider Hall (Mandervale) - House Fossoway of Cider Hall
    - Inchfield - House Inchfield of Inchfield.
    - Holyhall - House Graceford of Holyhall.

Ashford (Cockleswhent) - House Ashford of Ashford, High Lords of The Cockleswhent.
    - Starpike - House Peake of Starpike.
    - New Barrel - House Fossoway, Knights of New Barrel.
    - Yelshire - House Yelshire of Yelshire.

Grassy Vale (Blueburn) - House Meadows of Grassy Vale, High Lords of Blueburn.
    - Appleton - House Appleton of Appleton.
    - Hastwyck - House Hastwyck of Hastwyck.

Rose Road - No High Lord
    - Longtable - House Merryweather of Longtable,
    - Roseford (Rose Road) - House Varner of Roseford.
    - Bitterbridge - House Caswell of Bitterbridge.
    - Leygood Keep - House Leygood of Leygood Keep.

The Ring - No High Lord
    - The Ring - House Roxton of The Ring
    - Wythers - House Wythers of Wythers.
    - Alden Keep - House Ambrose of Alden Keep.

Tumbleton - House Footly of Tumbleton, High Lords of Upper Mander.
    - Harpshire - House Orme of Harpshire.
    - Hammerhall - House Cordwayner of Hammerhall.

The Arbor - House Redwyne of The Arbor, High Lords of The Southern Isles.
    - Mermaid's Palace - House Goldwyne of The Mermaid's Palace.
    - Stonecrab Cay - House Lowther of Stonecrab Cay.
    Last edited by Oznerol; December 16, 2017 at 03:59 PM.

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Default Re: Highgarden

In the aftermath of the conflict, Hightower duly arrives to Highgarden as summoned.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

OOC: You have 5 units of Reachman Lancers as professionals. They hadn't finished training by the time the city was besieged, but they're paid for.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Lady Olenna awaited him in the solar, overlooking the western gardens.

"Lord Hightower"

She said.

"I feared that with the current state of affairs you wouldn't even hear our summons"

Olenna was wearing a green gown, her hair carefully braided and combed.

"These last weeks have been quite unpleasant"

Lord Uthor greets Olenna with a flamboyant bow, removing his hat with a flourish.

“This turn of events was what I wished to entirely avoid, but alas. At least Lord Luthor has a healthy son to follow him as our liege.”

Hightower wasn’t overly fond of great change; the stability provided by having Tyrell remain in power outweighed the potential benefits of unseating them entirely, as Tarly clearly desired.

“What do you wish of me, my lady?”

Olenna nodded, gesturing towards the empty chair in front of hers.

"Political necessity brought you to Highgarden, my Lord"

She said, playing with the jewelled brooch on her chest. The gown revealed the curve of her breasts, barely contained by the bodice and sightly veiled by Myrish silk.

"I need support in these uncertain times, moreso considering my son is barely one year old, many years until he's of age"

If he survived infancy. Olenna prayed for his survival, even if she usually cared little about priests and their ramblings.

"I wish to propose you marriage"

Uthor took his seat, reduced to silence by the proposal: after his last marriage he had simply neglected to do so again, largely through laziness. He was still young and able enough to have children aplenty.

“With whom, my lady?”

His gaze wandered a little.

She rolls eyes.

"I don't know, you tell me. Maybe you came all the way from Oldtown to witness myself being spoused to a parrot"

Maybe it'll be smarter than this one. I'm surrounded by fools.

She sighs.

"My Lord, I'm suggesting we marry. We as in you and me"

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post
    She rolls eyes.

"I don't know, you tell me. Maybe you came all the way from Oldtown to witness myself being spoused to a parrot"

Maybe it'll be smarter than this one. I'm surrounded by fools.

She sighs.

"My Lord, I'm suggesting we marry. We as in you and me"

“Ah, I see.”

Said Hightower, eyebrows raised in surprise. He supposed he should have seen this coming, but the thought had never really dawned upon him.

“Well I find it impossible to deny you, my lady.”

Uthor smiled gingerly. Marrying a cousin felt a little strange. Heavens only knew how the Targaryens could do it with brother and sister.

"We shall seek the approval of His Holyness, as true Reach-born rulers we must seek the dispense of the Faith, for we are closely related"

Said Olenna.

"I hope you will seek the High Septon's acquiescence to the marriage"

She pours herself some wine.

"I could not think of a better match in the whole realm, my Lord"

If Hightower was as... bright, as he seemed, this marriage would be hugely benefitial. Olenna had only to get laid with a man and she would get all his power to back up hers. Such an alliance was too powerful to not be taken into consideration.

"I shall arrange it with my brother, my lady. I'm certain we could get a dispensation."

Replied Uthor, proudly. Hightower wanted to extend his claws into the Faith, and the Septon Morgan was the best avenue to accomplish that.

"Your brother is a good man of the Gods"

Said Olenna.

"Is he a Most Devout? Or still serves our deities as a mere septon? Frankly, only pious and highborn men like him should belong to the college of devouts"

Her mind was already working, considering the options of having a brother-in-law in the upper echelons of the Faith.

"He numbers amongst the Most Devout, and should have little trouble securing a dispensation."

Especially considering the royal tradition of sibling marrying, anyway. Hightower smiled.

"I should think he would be a strong candidate for the role of High Septon in the future. But he is young yet."

"When has youth deterred a candidate from becoming High Septon? Baelor named a mere child, miracolous or not"

Said Olenna with a smile.

"The Faith has a strong foothold in the Reach, most pious of all kingdoms and craddle of religion. If the Crone, she wills not, calls our revered Holyness to her side, I will undoubtedly support my would-be brother-in-law's candidacy"

Her honey-like eyes are alluring, soothing, like her well-modulated voice.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

A letter arrives summoning Lady Tyrell to Horn Hill for matters concerning the office of the Master of laws. A diner will be hosted in her honor.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

A week after the reply made by the now lady Hightower she is summoned to King's Landing, to the office of the master of law regarding matters about the events that unfolded a year prior.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

And so it was, mid the early days of the Autumn, that a stunning sight arrived to the walls of Highgarden. Swirling blues, reds, greens, pinks, Blacks, oranges and so many other colors upon the many decadent clothes and banners of the party that was so obviously from the Riverlands. The banner of Lord Tully at the forefront, followed by bands of Riverlord, household knights - who had changed their heavy armour for travelling garb - then came the legion of entertainers, jugglers, bards, actors and all of their ilk.

At the fore, Lord Tully rode with his favoured Lords and ladies, his sons and the favourite of his court, an astrologer by the name of Eamon Storm. Dressed in specularly ostentatious clothes - and with mountains more, along with gifts and coin in the sizable baggage train - the Lord of Riverrun sought the noble Lady Tyrell, whose beauty, charm and hospitality were well known throughout the Seven Kingdoms.

He's passed through several valets, stewards and Highgarden's chamberlain before being admitted into Tyrell's audience chamber, with Olenna sitting on a wooden throne few steps below the vacant marble seat of Gardener.

"Lord Tully, unexpected visitor, I must admit. What brings you here, to my son's seat?"

The court of Highgarden murmured, brimming with expectation. Lord Robar was but two steps away from his sister, wearing an embroidered doublet lined with soft ermine.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

The Lord Paramount of the Riverlands bowed courteously to the Lady Tyrell. Tully had dressed for an audience it seemed, and he was resplendent in an embroidered doublet, hose and a houppelande falling to his calves - decoratively dagged with embattled tabs - while a chaperon sat upon his head. He smiled at the Lady Regent and, rather than jump into the nitty grittiness of politics, began his audience by paying his respects to the Lady Regent of one of the most powerful of the Westerosi houses.

"I would first thank you for your hospitality, my Lady, and offer you gifts brought with me from the Riverlands and beyond."

Tully's own courtiers brought forwards a number of items - including a shadow cat cloak, for winter would soon arrive, a massive tawny red hawk, several items of jewellery, three lush and garish carpets and a huge and very masterfully made tapestry depicting the crowning of Garth the Goldenhand.

Olenna eyed with concealed greed the cloak and jewellry, such a lush cloak would be a fine addition to her increasingly big wardrobe. It was a shame in winter she couldn't display her charms all time, it was useful to bind men to her rule. She leans forward in a carefully mediatated movement, revealing the curve of her breasts alluringly below the veiled chest, but only a glimpse. The lady regent compliments every gift, but she frowns slightly once the pleasentries were exchanged.

"Surely gifts haven't brought you here, Lord Tully. If you did, I'm grateful but you rode for far too long for far too little, my husband might even get jealous when he returns to my side"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast