Thread: Cannot find kingdoms.exe

Default Cannot find kingdoms.exe

So I recently decided to get into Third Age again but had other games modded onto Med 2. So I deleted those, reinstalled med 2, ran and checked that worked before installed TA3.2. I followed this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJGFSlJqMcY from start to finished but I kept getting a "cannot find kingdoms.exe" error when I tried to launch it. So I went with step 2 and that was changing the third age.bat file to from kingdoms.exe to medieval2.exe instead and then it said "cannot find medieval2.exe".

The only info I have found in this was a "this error is most common if kingdoms 1.5 patch is not installed." This however cannot be the case as I am running the game from steam and it auto updates.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Cannot find kingdoms.exe

Update: I managed to get Vanilla TATW3.2 working by doing the old renaming trick and that seemed to work fine. Fingers crossed it works with DaC as well.

Default Re: Cannot find kingdoms.exe

I just told the .bat installer (right click, hit "edit") to look for medieval2.exe instead of kingdoms.exe. No copying or renaming of files needs, worked fine for me.
    Last edited by Veteraan; May 31, 2018 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Deleted unnecessary dismissive word