Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Royal Wedding

Default A Royal Wedding

An odd atmosphere had consumed the capital in the days leading up to the planned wedding of Daeron Targaryen and Alys Arryn. King Duncan and his Queen had sadly miscarried; a potential heir to the realm lost after months of excitement. Since then, they had disappeared from the public eye entirely, and the Hand of the King had officially taken up governorship of the realm despite his youthful years. Trouble had also emerged to the south, with Lord Tarly now laying siege to Highgarden with the intent of bringing Tyrell to the King's justice. Jaehaerys had ordered a force of men to be mustered in the capital, and thus the entire court was frantically trying to juggle preparations for the wedding with preparations for war. Thus, the event at the Red Keep's own private sept was a rather low-key affair, the city consumed with the drama playing out elsewhere rather than the marriage of King Aegon's youngest son to Lord Arryn's daughter. Only Jaehaerys, the Kingsguard, and a cluster of confidantes and ladies-in-waiting were present, making the royal sept, small though it was, feel eerily empty.

It was all a pretty dull affair, as weddings are. People chattered, the vows echoed from the walls, rings were exchanged, a cloak placed on the Lady Arryn's shoulders. Even the bedding was tame, the two stripped and carried off to their chambers within Maegor's Holdfast, once sufficient amounts of wine had been imbibed by both parties. Norridge stood outside the door, with orders to fetch the prince should anything go awry. This wasn't a usual couple, after all.

Default Re: A Royal Wedding

While Lord Sunderland was absent due to buiseness within the Vale, as he was attempting to obtain several trade deals, his daugther Liane was present among the ladies, who helped Lady Alys with her dress.
    Watching the ceremony in an appropriate dress eventually herself she didn't really knew what to do now. Lady Alys was now probably more busy spending the time with a husband about whom she had complained several times. Liane wasn't necessarily present when dogs of the Prince stormed the chamber of Lady Arryn, but the gossip was heard among the Red Keep.
    Well, why did she even care?
    Father was now more often in the capital and she had met him a few times - yet, so far he seemed to be quite pleased with how things went recently. That was typical for him as usual.
    Always the man of buiseness and haggling. She nearly sneered loudly at the thought of it, but supressed it.

Wondering she watched how it will turn out this far. Liane wouldn't even be surprised if something odd would happen at this dull ceremony.

As silent and vigilant as the rest of his present brothers, Ser Leyton Sunglass inspected the ceremony.
    More than expecting he looked over from time to time towards the Lord Hand, whether orders would come or not. Not that the silverblonde man cared too much - after all weddings tended to be boring.

The affair had been absolutely awful. Not only he felt forced too but also the wedding was less than grand, just a hastily executed and poorly planned event. He had placed the Targaryen colors over Arryn's shoulders with a cold and aloof demeanour, leaving the clasp open. Daeron had to hold her hand at several points of the ceremony, but she avoided her gaze and his hand felt cold and detached. At least he looked rather dashing, with his Valyrian features. The feast afterwards was again a sorry experience for the prince, who just drank a gallon of wine to drown his stress and anxiety. It didn't work. The usual japes and jests during the bedding felt half-baked and forceful, more customary than enjoyable and when he found himself naked in bed with a woman he felt absolutely terrified. Daeron tries to avoid her gaze, covered to the neck with the sheet:

"So... we have to do... eh... something"

The voice was failing him.

"I should try to... hummm... make it work"

He was supposed to get the sword into the sheath, but his sword wasn't collaborating. The prince closed eyes and moved a little, but... He grunts and looks back to Alys. His liliac eyes were terrified.

"Eh... I think we need help. Would you mind if...?"

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Arryn has tried her best not to sneer at the wedding, an embarrassingly paltry affair. Her family hadn’t even drained to show themselves, she had to be given away by spindly Ser Robin the Lord Commander and her father’s second cousin. Her slender hand itches to escape his grasp, but she calmed herself with thoughts that it would soon be over. When the colors went over her shoulders she nearly fainted, this wasn’t at all how she imagined it would be. The rest of the night she spent with her ladies in waiting, having more than a few cups of wine to even out her nerves. Unfortunately it didn’t work, and never having been a drinker the wine only upset her tummy. She covered herself up timidly during the bedding, a most barbaric tradition, and she could feel the leering eyes of the menfolk even if the gripping was left to a minimum.

“Help?” She pushed her way off the bed, grabbing a throw blanket to wrap herself in. “I’m not certain any kind of help can fix this..” she walked toward the balcony and allowed the summer air.

"Not your help, of course"

Said Daeron.

"We need to do something, you know, or we will be bothered without end by... literally everyone. I don't want to be lectured by septons, maesters, Hands of the King and whoever thinks has a grasp of the wedlock. It'd be bothersome"

He gulps.

"But... I cannot do this alone"

She rolled her eyes as she stared out off the balcony. “I’m not sure I could stomach it myself at the moment.” She said moving to pour herself another glass of wine, her hands shaking. “It’s not as if you are my fancy either, husband.” She sighed, gulping down some wine. “If you can’t do it let us bring someone in here that can.”

"I will be able to do it, but wait a moment"

He raises from bed and knocks on the door.

"Jeremy?"

The kingsguard peers into the chamber.

"Ahemmm..."

"So... You need me, right?"

"Yes..."

Daeron's face is almost purple, like a beet.

"Oh well, do you think she'll approve?"

"We need you to help me and you know it"

"I suppose I can. Well, I've never failed at... you know"

"Yes, yes, I know. Just start doing something before I die of embarrasment"

They exchanged those words, and others, in whispers. Soon, there was a clanking sound as the armor was removed, swiftly. And just by hearing what they were doing in the following minutes Norridge had been far more successful at arousing Daeron than Alys. Moments passed by, slowly. Some moaning included.

"Alys, come here. Quick"

The prince had readied himself handsomely, just by looking at it. Norridge himself scantly dressed, a splendid example of male beauty, broad-shouldered, sporting a fine jaw and flat stomach.

"I hope you may be able to forgive me, Lady Arryn. My sincere apologies"

Said Norridge slightly sorrowful.

Alys heaved over the balcony, this wasn’t how it was suppose to be at all. She was able to suppress the vomit, but the nausea remained. “I can’t do this.” She said in a panicked tone, her face was pale. “Have your fun, but I cannot be a part of.. this, Ser Norridge.” She felt a knot in her stomach, twisting against her.

"You can't run away from this, Alys. Please, it'll be quick, I promise"

Said Daeron.

"They'll never leave us alone if you do. This doesn't please me, I hate it. But I must"

He begged.

She found herself in a seat on the far side of room, her legs up to her chest, as she tightly gripped her legs. “We can just avoid it and tell people we have done the deed.” She retorted from chosen defensive position, she was still just a girl. “I want you as much as you want me, yet I’ve no one in this room to get me prepared...” She trailed off, the thought of him and Norridge made her quite ill. Young Lady Arryn heaved again, once again finding herself capable of keeping down the bile.

"They would know. These things are always known... It's awful, I know"

Said Daeron, his arm around Norridge's shoulders.

"Do you need someone? I can arrange it, if you want... I don't know, anyone?"

He covers his face with both hands.

"Gods, this is so difficult"

"Don't worry, Daeron, it'll be fine"

Norridge comforts the prince, caressing his cheek, embracing him.

"I can summon whoever you want, my Lady"

She wiped her face before she could be seen crying. She thought of the Lord Hand, but he was surly to busy to help, she hung her head in her hands. Then she thought of the sweet supple bosom of the buxom serving girl who had brought her wine all night, she would make for a fine companion surly. “I..” She almost uttered the names of a dozen or more young ladies that had caught her eye, but she got cold feet. “I can’t.. someone might find out, and we will all be done.” She thought of her father what would he say if this, a man preparing a man for a woman, and a woman preparing a woman for a man. She rose to her feet, grabbed a robe and made her way out onto the balcony, accompanied by her wine.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 12, 2017 at 02:16 AM.

"We're highborn, we're beyond that. We won't be blamed, too much depends on this marriage already"

Daeron grabs a silken robe, while Norridge remains sitting in bed.

"What troubles you? Do you have unusual... tastes?"

“I don’t wish to speak about it, not with you..” She whined, seeming more a child than a Princess, but then again she was still young having just recently seen her nineteenth name day. Alys turned her blue eyes away toward the night’s sky, watch the stars and moon intently. “Why.. why would you even care, ever since I arrived you have sought nothing but my misery.” She said, clutching her wine glass tightly with sweaty palm, though her hands shook like a cripple denied his milk of the poppy. Besides, she was no longer certain of anything about herself. Surly she had always fancied woman, but something about the Lord Hand drew her. Perhaps it was just the contrast he posed to smug Daeron that garnered her interest.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 12, 2017 at 02:26 AM.

"I didn't seek your misery, I just tried to scare you off, to have you return to the Eyrie. I didn't wish to marry any woman, not you in particular"

Said Daeron.

"We only met once, but if you want to make me the villain of this story and yourself the dashing heroine who is martyrized by the moustache-twirling sadist, you're very wrong"

He added.

"If you don't want to speak about any of these, fine. But we will have to endure the shame for days, weeks and years, probably"

She went to take another gulp of wine for courage, but ended up spewing it right back out. “Bring me Genna.” Alys finally allowed, wiping off the spittle from her lips. “She’ll be able to help, she is one of my serving girls.” The girl admitted as she found her footing.

Daeron's mouth became a perfectly shaped O. But he noneless nodded. Soon thereafter Genna found herself among three scantly dressed highborns: a prince, a lady and a kingsguard, in what could very well be a saucy joke told among drunkards in a dirty alley after midnight. But weirder things were said to happen in the known world, like Maegor marrying and bedding thrice in a single day.

"Shall we proceed?"

Said Daeron, sitting behind the bare-chested Norridge, biting his neck and caressing his shoulder. The situation was becoming weirdly arousing, somehow.

“I suppose..” Alys replied, as she embraced her lover Genna tenderly, the two sharing private words as Alys prepare to finish this strange night in the most pleasant way possible for all parties. Everything seemed off here, but when she was in the arms of a buxom woman she felt safe, happy even. Genna felt odd in all this, but when she looked into Alys’ blue eyes and felt the touch of her skin she forgot about the other two figures in the room. Once the newly made Princess had been sufficiently cared for by Genna, she spoke to her husband without looking in his direction. “Whenever you are ready..” She allowed, her breath heavily labored.

OOC: fade to black?
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 12, 2017 at 05:00 PM.

"As you wish"

What transpired in the room was subject of much gossiping among courtiers, but only those present truly knew, and none would talk about it. What was certain is the sheets were properly stained and sweaty when morning came; there were, indeed, some salacious comments about the amount of love present in the white surface among the surprised servants. Only the Seven knew why Daeron had a hard time taking a seat that day. or why Norridge kept blushing everytime Alys Arryn passed by. Whatever happened remained between them and them only. Unless walls had ears, but not even little birds wanted to know about the weird love-making of the weirdest couple in all King's Landing storied landscape.
    Last edited by Oznerol; December 12, 2017 at 05:07 PM.

Jaehaerys heard the news, and received it with a mixture of relief and disbelief. He truly didn't want to know what happened in that bedchamber, and so avoided asking. In his mind, it would simply be forgotten about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast