Thread: How do you give a new unit a class and culture?

Default How do you give a new unit a class and culture?

HI there, I've just created my own little sub mod with a few things I'd like to add and one of them was a new unit (using one of your variants) to Colchis campaign but once it's added I need to attribute a class and culture to it, how do I do this?

Default Re: How do you give a new unit a class and culture?

Did you watch Magnar videos or read this gyde http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Unit-Creation
    This should solve basic question.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosthammer View Post
    Did you watch Magnar videos or read this gyde http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Unit-Creation
    This should solve basic question.
    Yes I've created the unit and it shows up in game ok but just need it to be applied to a culture group or class which is specific to DEI as each unit comes from a cultural population group and class of population.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

If you want the unit to be included in the population system you need to add it to the lua.script
    You can also assign the unit to a factional group or military permission in the units_to_exclusive .... table

You need to add it to the units.lua file under script/manpower. You need to put its class (1-4) and then its unit size. You don't need to assign a "culture" unless its an AOR unit. Or if you mean assigning it to a military group, you can do that in units groupings military permissions
    Last edited by Dresden; December 20, 2017 at 01:20 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by FlashHeart07 View Post
    If you want the unit to be included in the population system you need to add it to the lua.script
    How do I go about this exactly? I see the population.lua script file so I take it this is the file you edit?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You need to add it to the units.lua file under script/manpower. You need to put its class (1-4) and then its unit size. You don't need to assign a "culture" unless its an AOR unit. Or if you mean assigning it to a military group, you can do that in units groupings military permissions
    Ah thanks, where is the units.lua file? I thought all units had a cultural population requirement?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Default How do you give a new unit a class and culture?

It is indeed that file. It would ofc be best if you ported the script to a new .pack so you can simply overwrite DeI with your own changes instead of having to edit everytime we update the mod

In regards to what you exactly need to do in terms of editing the script. Im not sure but try and have a look through the script and you might be able to see how it should be done. Or ask Dresden

units.lua is in script -> lib -> population i think. Although I'd advize importing into your submod file.