Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Default Re: Princes, Kings and Heroes

this mod is gonna be chaotic, i say overkill and i hope youve got a decent skinner, cant wiat to have small regional battles. afterwards a heraldry mod should be released for every single shire.

Turtules's Avatar Campidoctor

Massive map, not much in the way of Ireland?

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by Eufarius
    Massive map, not much in the way of Ireland?

Don't understand the comment.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightsofEngland
    afterwards a heraldry mod should be released for every single shire.
    Unlikely I will implement such a mod as they don't really make sense. Nobody owned a complete shire and the regions aren't shire based for that reason (other mods covering Britain kept asking about regions being shire based but to me it makes no sense) . The mod already has a titles modification tied to the earldoms and hereditary factors.

I have follwed PK&H since your first post and now that your subforum is up I feel the need to compliment your work and state my support for your most promising mod.
    If you need any beta testing done I am happy to help out.
    Curious about your avatar...are you a from southern africa?
    I worked on a Game reserve for some years, Lycaon Pictus was my most admired predator.
    Salut

I have follwed PK&H since your first post and now that your subforum is up I feel the need to compliment your work and state my support for your most promising mod.
    If you need any beta testing done I am happy to help out.
    Thank you very much for the comments and we'll keep you in mind for beta testing.. though its quite a bit to do till then.

Curious about your avatar...are you a from southern africa?
    Not quite.. born East Africa but moved to Britain when only 1. However back down south to Botswana later this year (hopefully -see some-- and get better pictures of the Wild Dogs).

Its off subject but what reserve?

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    Its off subject but what reserve?
    I worked in the Sabi Sand Wildtuin(part of the greater Kruger National Park) at a private reserve called Londolozi.
    Ya Bots is the last real stronghold of the Wild Dog I have been to the Delta camps a couple of time and had the pleasure of following a pack of some 40 strong members for a few days.
    That said I want to add to your Rep for all the progress you have made as of late keep it coming.
    Ps Nicely done Mod over re the sticky.
    Salut

Thank Germanicus.. Only place I've been in South Africa (apart from Jo burg airport) was Madikwe we saw quite a big pack there but a little too controlled (they were being researched for DNA research so interesting to watch.)

Been a bit quiet here as we've been concentrating on banners and models so hopefully post some new bits soon.

This is by far the mod I am most looking forward to. Any clue when you will have it ready for play? Looks epic.
    -suds

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

I'm greatly looking forward to this mod.
    Looks stunning.

I think you should give up work immediately to finish. Possibly sleep and food as well.

Anything else is just plain selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudso21
    Any clue when you will have it ready for play? Looks epic.
    Hopefully Sometime in Q2 this year. Had hoped I'd be early but work is pretty hectic and the Models/graphics has been taking a while and still loads to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gubbs
    I'm greatly looking forward to this mod.
    Looks stunning.

I think you should give up work immediately to finish. Possibly sleep and food as well.

Anything else is just plain selfish.
    Last year I used a lot of holiday time up working on this but this year I need to keep it for a proper holiday.

I was fiddling around with a lot model bits last month and some bits on battle maps (the Geography.db file just to try some bits out). At the moment I'm back doing family trees but want to try and finish that (or at least the bulk of it this month).

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

Hopefully Sometime in Q2 this year. Had hoped I'd be early but work is pretty hectic and the Models/graphics has been taking a while and still loads to do.

Last year I used a lot of holiday time up working on this but this year I need to keep it for a proper holiday.

I was fiddling around with a lot model bits last month and some bits on battle maps (the Geography.db file just to try some bits out). At the moment I'm back doing family trees but want to try and finish that (or at least the bulk of it this month).
    Has anyone written any utlities for that sort of editing? Or is it still flat files and endless minor typos and bouncing menus?

Has anyone written any utlities for that sort of editing? Or is it still flat files and endless minor typos and bouncing menus?
    I don't think so. I just edit them direct. Its not too bad just a bit time consuming. The log messages normally point fairly well to any errors.

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

I don't think so. I just edit them direct. Its not too bad just a bit time consuming. The log messages normally point fairly well to any errors.
    I suppose it adds to the sense of 'crafting' something.

Although, I am amazed nobody in the TW community has started a project for GUI dev tools. Mapping, traits, diplomatic relations etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gubbs View Post
    I suppose it adds to the sense of 'crafting' something.

Although, I am amazed nobody in the TW community has started a project for GUI dev tools. Mapping, traits, diplomatic relations etc.
    I'm not honestly sure if there is anything developing for M2, I haven't checked much as with RTW I found it more reliable to change files individually rather than use the tools that were made for it!

If you do changes slowly by hand and make backups as you go its not too hard, and making changes without tools means you understand the files better.

gubbs's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    I'm not honestly sure if there is anything developing for M2, I haven't checked much as with RTW I found it more reliable to change files individually rather than use the tools that were made for it!

If you do changes slowly by hand and make backups as you go its not too hard, and making changes without tools means you understand the files better.
    All true ..

Although it seems to me like HTML before Dreamweaver ..

I remember sitting in a comp lab in 1996 writing stuff into Notepad I just learned off HTMLGoodies ..

Its just so incredibly time consuming, especially with 90% of all bugs being typo or syntax related.

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm makes it a little easier tho.

Hoh hum.

Anyway .. back to the topic ..

Quote Originally Posted by gubbs View Post
    All true ..

Although it seems to me like HTML before Dreamweaver ..

I remember sitting in a comp lab in 1996 writing stuff into Notepad I just learned off HTMLGoodies ..

Its just so incredibly time consuming, especially with 90% of all bugs being typo or syntax related.

http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/site.htm makes it a little easier tho.

Hoh hum.

Anyway .. back to the topic ..
    *wanders further off topic*
    I went other way and gave up on WYSIWYG (albeit Frontpage - I suspect Dreamweaver is much better behaved) and use Ezpad straight html edit/previewer now. So I guess some of these things come down to personal preferences.

The notepad++ link looks interesting, thanks for that.

And syntax checkers are definitely useful idea. There's a good one for traits and ancillaries in RTW (here) which might be getting converted to cope with M2TW as well.

Laetus

Icon14 Re: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Hi wildog Nice mod Really lyk it just 1 question have u Included chirk castle because it was one of the bigger marcher castles on the welsh border

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoblaa
    Hi wildog Nice mod Really lyk it just 1 question have u Included chirk castle because it was one of the bigger marcher castles on the welsh border
    Yes, its in. .

Its one of the starting Regions for the Mortimers and controls the upper Dee Valley

It was actually being built during this period by Roger Mortimer of Chirk so features only as a small castle to begin with.

Roger of Chirk also features as a named Character in the game (second son in the below tree - eldest son Ralph isn't shown as he died in 1274 and I wanted to get all the remaining brothers in).

Nice work on the Mortimers gives a good example of a starting faction family tree....had that usual twinge of excitement everytime you release a screenshot, swept over me ....causing a HUGE of anticipation!
    Roll on PKH
    Salut!

@Germanicus - Nice to hear from you.

It's been a little slow of late due to work over the last week or two (and the 6 nations).

I've just updated some of the English Cavalry screen shots.
    (see http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147260)

I still have some mounted Sergeants/retainers I'm going to add but we (Makanyane and I) are trying to sort out the shields a bit more as I want the unit to be more 'uniformed' and as they aren't knights shouldn't have the heraldry of the knights.