Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Konstantin I's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Princes, Kings and Heroes

This shall be my favourite mod
    The map looking really good, and model strats are good too

But what about London? On this huge map is it possible to building a port in London? :hmmm:

navigable rivers I suppose

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin I
    But what about London? On this huge map is it possible to building a port in London?

At the moment London's port is positioned in marsh areas east of London as the closest logical position. I may move it one square to the left yet though. Sort of depends how close I want it to be to the bridge.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Wilddog, that looks fantastic!
    when do you release a provinces map?
    Last edited by Orko; December 15, 2007 at 09:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

Wilddog, that looks fantastic!
    when do you release a provinces map?
    Orko, depends how much progress I make over Christmas as I finally get a break from work. I'm really just targeting a launch for Easter (i.e. Late March) but thats dependent on work as well.

At the moment I just bought Milkshape so having a fiddle with that as I need to create some general units for the battles. Its also dependent on Makanyane finally launching EOD 2 (and then helping me ).

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post

At the moment London's port is positioned in marsh areas east of London as the closest logical position. I may move it one square to the left yet though. Sort of depends how close I want it to be to the bridge.
    Wilddog. This looks pretty good!
    Thank you for the screenshot

Its also dependent on Makanyane finally launching EOD 2 (and then helping me).
    oops, sorry!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Halie - I like your new sig.

Wilddog you must see Ornamentum mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=548

I think english and scotish skins are so pretty and will be nice to use them in your mod

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin I
    Wilddog you must see Ornamentum mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=548

I think english and scotish skins are so pretty and will be nice to use them in your mod
    Had a quick look and they do like very nice. I'll have to see. I was going to do some model editing and start on some skins after that but depends how time goes - and I'm no expert at skinning. Problem is partly the short time period in my mod so the plate guys aren't any use as its too late.

At the moment I'm doing a little bit of quick and dirty skins for the Captains at strat level just to get some in... and trying to work out some scripts.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

map looks really good ,
    great work
    all the best
    Jason

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

Hunnis's Avatar Semisalis

the maps is awsome! will you have some new units in it?

the maps is awsome! will you have some new units in it?
    @TheFirstONeill - @Hunnis - Thanks for the comments on the map.

Regarding the units this depends on time. There will certainly be units which have been renamed and have minor skin changes. Whether there will be any significantly new models I can't really say at this time. Currently there are only existing models from Kingdoms in it.

I will be removing the full plate models as partial plate was only in place by the end of this period so need to see what I can do to add some more variety with the remaining units. At the moment though even the plate ones are still in - it may be I leave them in in case a player wants to continue the game after the time period.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Where will every house of Ireland be placed in? and what about a map of Ireland?
    Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.

and what about a map of Ireland?
    Ireland North West area.

Orko's Avatar Praeses

Fantastic! dreamy!
    BTW this place in Ireland is called Conaught.

Beautiful screen.

@ Wilddog

thats a nice job man! the small houses by London are recourses or this for a better look, its funny.

muscu

Quote Originally Posted by orko
    Fantastic! dreamy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz
    Beautiful screen.
    Thanks for the compliments. Here's a bit more of a close up but of Sligo.

@Musculus Maximus - Yep they're resources. At the moment I haven't made up my mind whether London will be a city or castle. Its the biggest place by a long way. The resources represent the outlying areas which would of been key market areas. I wanted to bring them closer in but they start to block AI army movements of the Plantagenets so moved them 1 tile further out.

I used that resource and some others on some of the other screen maps. Basicially represents a market town so allows me to replace certain towns with what in other areas would of been a reasonable size town (but is too close to represent).

I hinted at that a long time ago when I was talking about creating a version of the map with most settlements in and then reducing them.

Other info - scripting is going reasonably well now so I'll probably post on that shortly. I've got basic scripts for the main elements I wanted and they've been test out fairly well (which was a bit of a pain I must admit) - these are in keeping with the basic theme and events of the time.
    Just adding some more factors and randomness to certain things... although I suspect more will be added later

Guess the main thing I'm behind on is really the battle models, units and textures where I could probably do with a good modder in that area.