Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Default Re: Princes, Kings and Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    Seriously, this is looking great Wild Dog...those Dover cliffs are great! And the skins for the strat map Generals are in my opinion ...perfect!
    I agree--I am looking forward to being able to see this in action. The models look great! Also, have you done something to the trees on the map? Or have I just noticed how good they look before?

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Quote Originally Posted by The Fuzz
    Also, have you done something to the trees on the map? Or have I just noticed how good they look before?
    I haven't made any changes to the trees only the ground type TGA's.

A little shot of Cornwall with some of the faction leaders rushing for a view at Lizard point

(note some models may be changed as I'm just using a standard setup)

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

look aswesome
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

NagatsukaShumi's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by wilddog View Post
    A little shot of Cornwall with some of the faction leaders rushing for a view at Lizard point

(note some models may be changed as I'm just using a standard setup)

Nice to see two of them have made friends, shame about the other two, just too alike to be mates I spose...
    :::

Guy in the blue/yellow/white tabard with yellow lions: "If I'm in the field for any period of time I get that kinda fungus growing in my armpit"
    Guy in the red/yellow tabard with yellow crosses:"I had the problems too now I use chain polish"

Guy with the yellow/green tabard with red lion on it:"Look, Germans"
    Guy with the crown on his head ( propably King ):"Dret they already have marked of the best places at the beach"

you do realise lizard point is at the end of the cliffs

hey they are both pointing to the beach

I just can't get over how good those cliffs look.

Gavmundo's Avatar Senator
    Morecambe, UK ... in the realms of the North!

Really looking forward to this mod ... and Two Crowns
    Member of S.I.N

Xfire: Ulfang
    Steam: Gavmundo
    Xbox 360: Gavmundo
    PS3: Gavmundo

@ The Fuzz - those were the only cliffs I put in so far. They only really show up on the southern coastline so not sure I'll put anymore in.

An update
    We've been working on getting the basic unit setups and the settlement sizes (also deciding what's castle v town). All large towns or above are done its mostly deciding villages/towns and a few small castles.

Allocation of regions between the factions is done (at least for now). Its obviously not totally historic but they are centered around where the various houses had power bases (either at the start or slightly later)- and in some cases a couple were added in order to give a reasonable starting balance .

As this was discussed earlier I'll just mention it here: I visited a friend those days and found that he has an Amiga emulator with lots a games and stuff.
    I played Defender of the Crown! ;-)

@wilddog what will you do about the AI ( both campaign and battle )

@Oberhut - I can't really answer that one yet as I haven't decided. Once I've got a bit further with my basic setups and see how things start to play out I'll be able to comment more.

In the meantime here's a shot of the view from the lake district towards Carlise and the Scottish border. I've still to add some more resources and the garrisons but its getting there.

Last edited by wilddog; November 26, 2007 at 02:45 PM.

NagatsukaShumi's Avatar Tiro

Looking as great as ever wilddog. How do you spread our regions out just out of curiosity? Is its counties or major cities?
    :::

Nag
    Basically its tied to a mixture of :-
    1) the main cities (although some get omitted as there are too many in England partiuclalry in the South East.)
    2) The main castles - although sometimes the Faction gets the nearest main city instead. (eg for DeWarenne instead of Castle Acre I'm giving them the city of Lynn).
    3) If there is a sufficient gap then a few smaller villages/castles are added. This is mostly for the Non English factions areas and a bit of the North of England.

The latter is mostly for game play (balance) and helps set roads correctly.

Counties are pretty irrelevant. Few Factions controlled a complete county and they can result in roads not appearing right and issues for the AI etc. Consequently the region borders are made up.

Todays little preview is of the West coast of Scotland from the Bruce homelands up to Loch Lommond (Scotland has quite a few Lochs in this map).

Note family member is wearing heraldry of Lord of Annandale rather than Earl of Carrick.

I'm not sure how I missed this--it's looking great.

This mod would kick so much ass as it would be medieval 2 meeting crusader kings

The Fuzz. DadioDog
    Progressing nicely now. We've started on some revised menu load screens - just trying a few themes out (see below) and getting started with the scripting. Some of the basic bits of that are done but still quite a bit to do. Would of been a bit quicker if I'd realized CA corrected a spelling on something compared with RTW - took about 3 hours to sort that out.

Still a lot of TGA's to do particularly on the battle side - if I opt to do that before a release. Have to admit they're a bit secondary at the moment though as I still need to sort out more basic family trees.

One of the themes we're thinking of for a loading screen is shown below although I'll probably switch the images over. Any thoughts/reaction? They're from some photos of an old book I have that I took yesterday.

I've always been a fan of those sort of loading screens, adds to the flavor.