Thread: Some comments

Default Some comments

Hi.

I downloaded your mod a while ago and I loved it loads! It is one of the best mods i've played so far! I especially love how the Huns get cute little Mongol ponies instead of nasty european horses for their cavalry!

A few things:
    • My horse archers are constantly aiming - their hands are always up. It's not so much functionality but it kinda looks stupid.
    • One of the Sassanid cav (aspvar or something like that) causes a CTD
    • Are you going to use yurts (like the one in the picture) for the hun / hephthalite architecture instead of the huts? I think it would look so much better.

Thanks!

Daryush

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Default Re: Some comments

My horse archers are constantly aiming - their hands are always up. It's not so much functionality but it kinda looks stupid
    Thats new animations - you can always edit DMB if you prefer default ones (I did that to few units)

One of the Sassanid cav (aspvar or something like that) causes a CTD
    need to look into that but I thought the latest patch has fixed that...well...I might be wrong here.I take it is CTD in the custom battles

Are you going to use yurts (like the one in the picture) for the hun / hephthalite architecture instead of the huts? I think it would look so much better
    very good idea

Thats new animations - you can always edit DMB if you prefer default ones (I did that to few units)
    Question: How?

And yes, the Sassanid CTD is in custom battle

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Back up original descr_model_battle file.Now scroll to desired model unit for example:
    HTML Code:
    type		saka_cav
    skeleton	fs_s1_hc_archer, fs_thp_m_spearman
    This an example of horse archer with new animations.In order to revert it to default skeletons change that to :

HTML Code:
    type		saka_cav	
    skeleton	fs_hc_archer, fs_hc_spearman

@ CTD

Please PM Ramon.I'm running beta version of 6.1 on my PC and since there has been changes made to model files, I can't help you with that.Try to get proper name of unit causing problem and see if there any any error messages appearing when game CTD's.

Re: CTD - it's ok, patch 6.05 has fixed it after I redownloaded / reinstalled it.

Thanks for the help daryush

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by daryush View Post
    Hi.
    I downloaded your mod a while ago and I loved it loads! It is one of the best mods i've played so far! I especially love how the Huns get cute little Mongol ponies instead of nasty european horses for their cavalry!
    thanx

A few things:
    • My horse archers are constantly aiming - their hands are always up. It's not so much functionality but it kinda looks stupid.
    as HK mentioned its from new anims, next version will lose that... as to how to change by yourself , come back in a couple of days will post a how to here, it isn't that difficult
  7. One of the Sassanid cav (aspvar or something like that) causes a CTD
glad u fixed this
  • Are you going to use yurts (like the one in the picture) for the hun / hephthalite architecture instead of the huts? I think it would look so much better.
  • very good idea, will see what I can accomplish but don't expect too much

Thanks!
    ur welcome
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Well for the yurts, if you want I could model / texture them? I dont have any fancy software like 3DSMax but I have anim8or & bryce which are good enough.

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

unfortunatly very expensive 3d max studio is a must for any serious RTW modelling

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by daryush View Post
    Well for the yurts, if you want I could model / texture them? I dont have any fancy software like 3DSMax but I have anim8or & bryce which are good enough.
    am not 100% sure but maybe a bryce or anim8or file can be imported to max and then exported using .cas exporter in w/c case then is OK, u make the file then pass to me I process thru max.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants