Thread: Mod doesn't work after Empire Divided update.

Laetus

Icon5 Mod doesn't work after Empire Divided update.

I made my own private mod for Rome II that adds two archer units for the playable Roman faction(s). I tried to adapted my mod to the Empire Divided update, but I can't get it to run anymore.
    Maybe I missed a table or something like that. I attached the .pack file in a .rar archive to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Laetus

Default Re: Mod doesn't work after Empire Divided update.

Sorry for the double post. But I can't edit my previous post.
    I uploaded an old version. Here is the current one.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I am not at my PC so I haven't been able to look at the mod. But, a few things to note about the ED update and units:

- The main_units table has a new column. In theory old tables should work, but its best to update to the new one.
    - Units now have a required reference under the historical_texts (the long description) column. Any entry there has to be referenced in the unit historical description table. So, all of the X_Long entries in vanilla, for example. If you have an entry in that column that is not referenced in the other table, the mod will crash.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hi everyone, I have a problem with the pack file manager: I have the 5.0 version, but I can't open the main_unit_table. Someone can help me with this problem? thanks to all.

You need to get the new schema, check the Warhammer workshop

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    You need to get the new schema, check the Warhammer workshop
    thanks mate!

Laetus

I am not at my PC so I haven't been able to look at the mod. But, a few things to note about the ED update and units:

- The main_units table has a new column. In theory old tables should work, but its best to update to the new one.
    - Units now have a required reference under the historical_texts (the long description) column. Any entry there has to be referenced in the unit historical description table. So, all of the X_Long entries in vanilla, for example. If you have an entry in that column that is not referenced in the other table, the mod will crash.
    Thanks, that helped. After some tweaks it's working again.
    But is there a reason why the TWC Forum suddenly is displayed in a "standard" vBulletin style and not in the usual TWC style?

Hey i'm kind of a newbie, so I have two quick questions about this,
    - Is there any easy way to update a table ?
    - what is the historical description table ?

Another solution to fix game crash!
    My friend, the creator of Hoplites of Greek Poleis, had to do his mod from the zero to understand what was the reason for the incompatibility with the last patch. There is a column unknown10 in the table land_units_tables, and now only vanilla values must be in it.
    For example, if u have entry "Placeholder" in this column, then the mod with the last update will crash!
    Good luck to all!

Also reason can be in building_effects_junction_tables. I deleted 10000 row's table (non vanilla named), and game started. "Bless" CA!
    Last edited by Starsmil; December 30, 2017 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menwulf View Post
    Hey i'm kind of a newbie, so I have two quick questions about this,
    1) Is there any easy way to update a table ?
    2) what is the historical description table ?
    1) Use PFM 5.0. Open data_rome2.pack and extract main_units table. Then rename it and add this table to your unit mod. Copy rows from your mod to new table.

But game works well with old tables.

2) unit_description_historical_texts
    But you can simply use vanilla values in column unknown10 in land_units_tables.

Hyperfyre's Avatar Libertus

Hate to bump a 2 month of thread but I cannot figure this out.

I'm trying to fix couple of unit mods that patch 18 broke to continue an old campaign I'd left. I'd go back to patch 17 but a couple of other mods I used were updated a while back so isn't backwards compatible any longer.

I've created units of my own before and edited mods I've downloaded in the past but I'm stumped here.

Edit: Now I'm confused. I just tried another unit mod that hasn't been updated for over 2 years and it worked.
    Last edited by Hyperfyre; February 22, 2018 at 10:39 PM.

@Hyperfyre

Yupp, the same stuff happend to me. Dresden mentioned, that there could be some sort of mod cap now (https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...empire-divided)

@Dresden

Did you find out anything new about it?

@Creativ Assembly

Thanks for destroying a running system, for the sake of profit!