Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Martin Schultz (Germany-SPD-Former President of the European Parliament) wants the United States of Europe by 2025

Default Re: Martin Schultz (Germany-SPD-Former President of the European Parliament) wants the United States of Europe by 2025

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    The ironic thing is that these people who present themselves as moderates are not moderate by any means. None of their positions are. Abolishing the country isn't moderation. Which is why I insist that their position should be presented as toxic as it is. The we get calls for making political dialogue less toxic. How can you do it when one side is calling for the abolition of the nation and subversion of constitutional order? them. They are traitors and as such should be called.
    Just suggest them being infiltrators. Raises all kinds of red flags without sounding too dramatic.
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

Default Re: Martin Schultz (Germany-SPD-Former President of the European Parliament) wants the United States of Europe by 2025

Isn't it basically the same?

JP226's Avatar Dux Limitis

If we’re being honest with ourselves, with the collapse of the USSR, Germany should’ve ceased being a nationstate and instead shattered into a serious of city states and protectorates. Now the Euros have a economic nightmare/ juggernaut on their hands that will overtake them politically and eventually develop a military just as nasty as what they’ve tranditionally had. Germany is the ultimate threat to world peace.
    Sure I've been called a xenophobe, but the truth is Im not. I honestly feel that America is the best country and all other countries aren't as good. That used to be called patriotism.

I hvae always wanted to ask whether the German nation is a thing. In my historical video games, "Germany", is Bavaria, Cologne, Brandenburg, Saxony and dozens of other independent nations. I remember reading when Trump's grandfather was being deported to America, he wrote a letter to the prince of Bavaria asking to be allowed to stay. I think it was part of Germany at the time. Maybe Bavaria had an independent immigration policy?

I wonder how much Germans feel Germany is a single nation, rather than a federation of distinct nations. Maybe what these EU federalists want is to turn Europe into Germany. I always say that the EU is just the newest iteration of the HRE.
    Last edited by Prodromos; January 21, 2018 at 06:46 PM.
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    Isn't it basically the same?
    Infiltrators has a more persuasive tone than traitors.. the first word raises curiosity, while the second gives a dramatic charge. Given it's politics, curiosity is the more exotic option.
    Last edited by Katsumoto; January 23, 2018 at 08:07 AM. Reason: off topic
    It will be seen that, as used, the word ‘Fascism’ is almost entirely meaningless. In conversation, of course, it is used even more wildly than in print. I have heard it applied to farmers, shopkeepers, Social Credit, corporal punishment, fox-hunting, bull-fighting, the 1922 Committee, the 1941 Committee, Kipling, Gandhi, Chiang Kai-Shek, homosexuality, Priestley's broadcasts, Youth Hostels, astrology, women, dogs and I do not know what else.

-George Orwell

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    I always say that the EU is just the newest iteration of the HRE.
    Yet you also forget HRE was born largely due to the necessary for an united organization to combat foreign pressure and solve internal difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    took an arrow to the knee

Stay on topic please.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456