Thread: General Questions

Icon5 General Questions

So, playing on the 1.5 beta and was having a ton of fun with it all. Trying out a bunch of different factions, enjoying how (for most factions) I don't start with a ton of territory right off the bat and need to expand a bit before hits the fan - etc. but I have come away from it with a couple of questions if anyone has the answers!

I notice that a lot of the time my priests and temples seem to be having little to no effect on a province's religion. Is this a bug or intentional, or would I just be missing something? Example I'm speaking of would be like playing as ostermark, having 3 priests sitting in the waldenhof area, having a temple of sigmar in the city, and the "old world pantheon" percentage sitting around 27% for 40 turns.

How exactly do the "bad harvest" or "this months winter is fell" events affect the economy? Is it a straight malus to the growth of my cities? Do I gain increased income or growth for the next couple of months if the harvest/hunt is good? I notice towns sometimes losing 0.5% to 1% growth occasionally, would that be because of these events? The same goes for "summer fairs" do these actually increase my trade income or are they just for flavor?

How much time is a turn? I notice the map seems to fluctuate between being snowy "winter" and being lusher "summer" from the base game, but there doesn't seem to be an express pattern for the visuals from my observations. Is it multiple turns a season? My generals don't seem to age much, so I assume so.

This is the big one, I was having a ton of fun playing a Dogs of War campaign, even having some Dark Omen flashbacks as I was roaming around with Commander Bernhardts army, fighting varied foes. I got a bit discouraged though, as after the 12th battle or so my grudgebringer troops were getting too depleted to be useful. I looked up and down the building browser and for the life of me I couldn't find the building that would allow me to recruit more or retrain the ones I had. Is it a regional mercenary building that allows their recruitment, or are they intentionally limited to the small number you get at the beginning as a sort of "hero" army? If they're a regional mercenary, WHERE for the love of Sigmar is the building located? They're too cool and thematic to fall by the wayside coming out of the early game.

Sorry for the text dump, these have been eating at me (especially the grudgebringer thing... okay don't judge.) Just so this thread isn't taking up space with my singular group of questions, if anyone else has any general questions about the game, feel free to ask as an open question in here! The mod has a lot to offer and I doubt everyone knows everything, save the devs, maybe.

Default Re: General Questions

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfferdid View Post
    I notice that a lot of the time my priests and temples seem to be having little to no effect on a province's religion. Is this a bug or intentional, or would I just be missing something? Example I'm speaking of would be like playing as ostermark, having 3 priests sitting in the waldenhof area, having a temple of sigmar in the city, and the "old world pantheon" percentage sitting around 27% for 40 turns.
    It's really slow. It might be adjusted more in the future, but we also don't want priests being too powerful.

How exactly do the "bad harvest" or "this months winter is fell" events affect the economy? Is it a straight malus to the growth of my cities? Do I gain increased income or growth for the next couple of months if the harvest/hunt is good? I notice towns sometimes losing 0.5% to 1% growth occasionally, would that be because of these events? The same goes for "summer fairs" do these actually increase my trade income or are they just for flavor?
    Yep, they affect things over the turns, both negative and positive.

How much time is a turn? I notice the map seems to fluctuate between being snowy "winter" and being lusher "summer" from the base game, but there doesn't seem to be an express pattern for the visuals from my observations. Is it multiple turns a season? My generals don't seem to age much, so I assume so.
    12 turns per year, so generals shouldn't be dying of old age, only in war.

This is the big one, I was having a ton of fun playing a Dogs of War campaign, even having some Dark Omen flashbacks as I was roaming around with Commander Bernhardts army, fighting varied foes. I got a bit discouraged though, as after the 12th battle or so my grudgebringer troops were getting too depleted to be useful. I looked up and down the building browser and for the life of me I couldn't find the building that would allow me to recruit more or retrain the ones I had. Is it a regional mercenary building that allows their recruitment, or are they intentionally limited to the small number you get at the beginning as a sort of "hero" army? If they're a regional mercenary, WHERE for the love of Sigmar is the building located? They're too cool and thematic to fall by the wayside coming out of the early game.
    Grudgebringers have their mercenary building in Trantio, which is in Tilea.

The campaign is still a work in progress, so not everything is perfected.