Thread: The Fall of Sultan Muhammad

Saladin45's Avatar Semisalis

Icon12 The Fall of Sultan Muhammad

The soldiers standing in the muddy rainy field looked forth at their Mongolian enemies. The valley seperating the two forces as they stood on their respective hills was soaked completely. Men standing on each side threw insults at one another and as they did, Sultan Muhammad turned to his men and gave them an invigorating speach. They knew that this battle would be the one that would make or break the northeast part of their empire. Already Tbilisi had fallen and if this battle was lost then Yerevan would be open to an assault.

Immediately the charge began and onward came the Mongolian Golden horde, sending their horse archers to the right and the left of the battlefield. In turn, Sultan Muhammad waved his own Sipahi's to engage on each side and they began exchanging arrows back and forth over the battlefield. The Mongolian infantry in the main line of their army began charging forward, firing arrows at Sultan Muhammad's first line.

Quickly, calvary were sent forward in a full charge and ripped straight through the enemy archers. Mongolian Lanchers engaged the Turkish cavalry and immediately the Turks were routing away in fear of death. The Ottoman infantry from their hill continued to fire away arrows, slicing through the remanants of the Mongolian line.

Turning to the flanks of the Turkish line, the Sipahi's were now running back around behind as Mongolian horse archers chased them, cutting them down. The battle continued on and finally the two lines clashed, slashing one another mercilessly, leaving many a body in the mud.

Sultan Muhammad then took it upon himself to try and change the outcome of the now neck to neck battle. The bodyguards rushed in, slicing men apart as they went through the line of the battlefield.

As some Mongolian troops began to run away, the battle began to change for the better in the Turks favor. But from behind. the Mongolian horse archers who had been chasing the Sipahi's were now coming from behind and cutting from behind. A few minutes later the Turkish army was in full rout, including their leader Sultan Muhammad!

"Pull back men! Pull back and regroup!" The Sultan yelled to his men as they ran.

As they began pulling from the battlefield, the Mongolian Lancer's came out charging and smashed straight into the Bodyguard. Cutting the Sultan down from his horse and capturing him on the field of battle.

That Night

As the men awaited their fate, in the area that they were being held, Sultan Muhammad looked at his soldiers. All six hundred of them had been captured in the battle and were now looking to him hopefully. As the Sultan walked down the line of his now unarmed and hungry men, he said in his booming voice.
    "My men. I am sorry. I have failed you this day. You did nothing wrong other than fight like true warriors of Islam. No one could ask more of you. They may kill us, but they shall never take our honor from us."

In their last moments, the men prayed the evening prayer and went to their death's by Mongolian hands. The people of Turkey would mourn at the death of their leader and only ten years later, they would drive the Mongolians from their lands. Recapturing Tbilisi and sallying outside of Yerevan successfully.

(Sorry I had no pictures, but I thought that the writing would pick up for the lack of images)
    "I am the death of the pale faces, I am the killer of Romans, I am the scourge sent upon you, I am Zarrar Ibn Al Azwar!"

"May Cowards gain no comfort from sleep."

Default Re: The Fall of Sultan Muhammad

Awesome. Good catch up.
    The law is reason free from passion - Aristotle.

The end does NOT justify the means.