Thread: [Suggestion] Big custom models and textures compilation

Icon3 [Suggestion] Big custom models and textures compilation

Hello fellow modders,

If no such thing exist already, it could be great to compile as many existing custom models/textures alongside screenshots and their creator's name in a single thread for the whole community to use, with credit given where credit is due of course. What do you guys think of that? Do you think we could make this work?

Looking forward to your replies

Cheers,
    TCW

Default Re: [Suggestion] Big custom models and textures compilation

I second this

Hrobatos's Avatar Praeses

Well someone should start a thread, and just keep first post updated. Perhaps it will work.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Its a good idea, you just have to find someone willing to keep it updated or find a mod that doesn't mind being pestered to update the OP lols.

You could include a range of things such as
    • Models/Textures (I can probably find/scrounge together a few except they're mostly on Steam. The modders can probably be persuaded to post on TWC however)
    • Animations (I've got a few currently, and will have more in a fortnight maybe)
    • Skeletons (I've got two currently)
    • Tutorials (I've got one mega tutorial series)
    • Minor unique tweaks* (I've got one or two)

* Small mods that change things no-one else has ever done, so people can think of trying that type of modding themselves

I'll help with formatting and the very first post, but I doubt I'll be much help keeping it updated so I won't make the thread myself.

My personal contributions

Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; January 03, 2018 at 07:02 PM.

Thanks a lot for your contribution Caligula!

All sorts of modding of material are welcome of course, I just didn't think about animations, skeletons, tutorials and minor unique tweaks back then

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Hrobatos View Post
    Well someone should start a thread, and just keep first post updated. Perhaps it will work.
    How about the one who first mentioned it?
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Sure, I can do it. I will also follow Caligula's categorization model

I'll try and convince fellow modders to contribute open source stuff to it, and organise my own files.
    You might want to post it here, but that area is a bit dead.

Thank you Caligula. I was actually thinking of this section of the forum. It looks like the appropriate place to me and it is not too inactive either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dingkuhn View Post
    I was actually thinking of this section of the forum. It looks like the appropriate place to me and it is not too inactive either.
    What Caligula mean is that the Modding and Discussion forum is for all modding resources, regardless what game a resource is for.

But that brings up another question and that's about the revival of the long dead Modding Vault and the Vault Staff.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Default Modder's Hub - Resources, Tutorials & More

I've got the base template down, just gotta fill in all of the information. What do you guys think?

Modder's Hub
    Resources, Tutorials & More

IntroductionWelcome to the Modder's Hub for Total War: Attila. This thread is designed to be a place where modders can find various open source models, textures, animations and skeletons that they can use in their own mods, in addition to various tools and tutorials and even a look at unique tweaks that modders have made that explore new areas of modding.

The TERMS OF USE are that if you use a fellow modder's work, you MUST credit them by name, and provide a link back to the source of the original work, whether it is their Steam Workshop or a Total War Center thread.

Models & Textures
    Alaric

Iron Musculata
    Steam Workshop (download link)

So today I started recolouring some vanilla textures. The result being my very first self made "custom asset".
    To be honest I think it still has a lot of room for improvement, but since it's a new thing for me I was excited and decided to share it with everyone here on the workshop!
    This is basically the bronze musculata already available in game but recloured to be an iron version with some bronze decorations - I thought it would be a nice adittion to the game.

Metal Musculata (Bronze & Iron)

For those of you who want variety or simply don't like leather musculatas - I give you a recolour of the vanilla leather musculata in bronze and iron. They are tintable, so to achieve the best result possible follow the colour settings shown on the Steam Workshop, or use the pre-made variantmeshdefinition.

Jeweled Berkasovo & Light Squamata

This is a recolour of the jeweled Berkasovo ridge helmet and the roman light squamata.

Iron Greaves

This is a recolour of the hellenic bronze greaves.

Stealth4Health

Spatha 400 AD
    Total War Center (extra information)

I created this Spatha based on one of Patrick Bárta's reproductions (Catalogue number: 149). The sword itself is said to be based on a find in Samson, Belgium and is dated to 400 AD. It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want) and already rigged and converted into rigidmodel_v2 and also supports following features:
    • Three different model variants (Sword; Scabbard without Sword; Scabbard and Sword)
    • 3 different handmade LODs (Level Of Details) each for better performance

Late Roman Shield

I created this shield to be a more historical accurate representation of a late Roman shield, the shape being based on the N² = H² - W² formula (N being half the distance between two nails, H being half the height of the shield and W being half the width). It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want) and already converted into rigidmodel_v2 and also supports following features:
    • tint feature
    • decals
    • decal dirtmaps
    • 4 different LODs (Level Of Details) for best performance

Mainz Gladius (Rome 2)

I created this Gladius based on one of Albions Swords' reproductions (The Allectus). The short sword itself is a Roman Mainz style Gladius. It is thought to have developed from the leaf-bladed short swords used on the Celt-Iberian peninsula and adopted for use in the Republican Legions. The Mainz pattern is deeply waisted and has a long point section like the earlier Gladius Hispaniensis, but is shorter and broader than its predecessor.
    It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want) and already converted into rigidmodel_v2 and also features 3 different handmade LODs (Level Of Details) for better performance.

Roman Cardiophylax (Rome 2)

I hope you like my new pectoral armour model, the reflectivity of it ingame isn't perfect yet though, I'll work on that.
    It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want) and already converted into rigidmodel_v2 and also features handmade LODs (Level Of Details) for better performance.

Tunica (Rome 2)

I had a lot of fun creating this tunic. It is fully textured with high quality 2k size texture maps included (for you to scale down if you want). I wanted to see how it would look like ingame and quickly rigged and converted it to rigidmodel_v2. It's definitely not the best rig, there is a bit of clipping and the sleeves don't work very well yet so I might come back and improve that but I think it's okay for now.

• Four different model variants (Bright Red; Dark Red; White; Off White) + a tintable variant
    • 4 different LODs (Level Of Details) for optimal performance

Animations & Skeletons
    Caligula & Mr.Jox

Longbow Animation Bugfix

This fixes a bug that is present in the rome_man_sword_bow_long_foot animations. By default, when the longbowman pulls the bowstring, it teleports into his hand.
    To fix this issue we've ported Total War: Rome 2's longbow animations, so that the bowstring is properly pulled back.

10mb BEFORE and AFTER gifs

Tools & Tutorials
    Caligula

Creating Your Legion
    Youtube Playlist

Welcome to this modding series, Creating Your Legion. This will be a Youtube series consisting of 21 parts in which I will teach you how to do database editing, in particular creating a custom battle faction from scratch.
    It is designed for people with 0 experience, and will not require or involve 3D modelling, texturing or artistic stuff of that nature. In case you don't know what database editing is, it pretty much just requires editing values such as this. It covers subjects ranging from actually creating the unit using pre-existing models, getting the unit in-game, stat balancing, custom animations, and much more.

Modding AcronymsPFM = Pack File Manager, the main tool that modders use.
    DB = Database, where most of the tables you will edit are found.
    VMD = VariantMeshDefinition, the text file that organises all of the models that make up what a unit looks like.
    .loc = Text files that govern in-game text display such as unit names, faction names, ect.

Minor Unique Tweaks*
    Caligula

Lord of the Rings Font

I think this is the first font mod for Total War: Attila.
    I've used the Ringbearer font created by Pete Klassen, and the numbers from the Bookman Old Style font I believe.
    Bugs: The numbers clip a little bit and aren't perfect. I had a lot of trouble finding a font which had numbers that fit into the UI properly.

Supply Wagons & Barrels

Supply Wagon
    The supply wagon is a slow moving chariot unit with next to no combat strength. You can only have one per army.
    Supply Barrel
    The supply barrel is a stationary barrel that is available to defenders in a siege battle. It functions similarly to a bastion onager, in that it can only be placed in specific parts of the walls.
    Refill Ammunition
    This special ability refills 3 ammunition for all units within a 75m vicinity of the wagon or barrel. For the first 25 seconds, this ability reduces the movement speed of units within its range by 75%. At the end of these 25 seconds, the units regain 3 ammunition, and there is a 50 second recharge on the ability. It can only be used ten times.

* Small mods that change things no-one else has ever done, so people can think of trying that type of modding themselves
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; January 10, 2018 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Finished Stealth4Health's stuff

Excellent composed, Caligula!

Perhaps change the "Modding Phrases" to "Modding Acronyms" as it sounds better.

I've done Models & Textures - Stealth4Health - Spatha 400 AD and Late Roman Shield.
    That is my plan for all of them. TWCenter and Steam links, description of the mod and a 800x450 image (the original larger size accessible by clicking on the image).

Impressive template Caligula! Couldn't have done better. I will use it now

EDIT: Here you go
    Last edited by Dingkuhn; January 10, 2018 at 03:21 AM.

Nice. I'll finish off filling in all the detail for this version, delete the stuff that isn't finished yet (the stuff by DETrooper and I) and then you can be in charge of keeping it updated if more modders want to add their stuff to it
    When I've finished the DETrooper stuff (whenever that is) I'll send it to ya

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7.../?appid=325610

Does someone want to message this guy? I don't think he's on twc but it's all resources.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Haha those mod "profile" pictures or whatever they're called are so damn good, I remember seeing em once. I'll message him.