Thread: Installation problems--

Default Installation problems--

I don't get it. I had to uninstall Empires with Darthmod Platinum that had been on my computer for about a year. When I try to reinstall Darthmod now, everything seems changed. I download part 1 from Mod DB and when I try to install it, I get a message about halfway through asking me to install Disc 2. This is a Steam version of the game. I don't have a Disc 2.

Also, Part 2 on Mod DB (and Filefront) is just a file that I have no idea what to do with. I tried downloading it in one part from one of the links posted, and same thing. It asks me to insert disc 2.

Same computer, same OS (Windows 10). What happened?? It was so easy before. I've done about 3 fresh installs of Empire now trying to get his right.

Any help would be appreciated.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Installation problems--

If you're doing the two part install, put the part 1 and two in the same folder, then click on part 1. It automatically installs part 2 as well as itself.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Thanks, Aexodus. Going to try this asap.

It worked! Thanks, Aexodus. The install instructions should really be changed.

Blog Entries

Glad to help, but I jus followed the same instructions as are on the ModDB page. No worries, anyhow
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

madrush's Avatar Senator

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	349975
    this is my dilima. Fresh re-install of ETW and attempted to install ETW darthmod platinum but half way through to the skin part of the install I run into this every time

Blog Entries

redownload

Hello Aexodus.
    Do you know how to handle the newest patch 8.01? I cannot understand, how to handle the patch with the DME_AUM.pack "3.6". Do I have to put the pack before or after the patch
    into empire/data - or do I have to do the DME_AUM.pack 3.6 into empire/data and into DME/data/pack as well? And then patch it?Can you please help me, I am confused. Thank you.

Blog Entries

I don't follow - 'before or after the patch'??. You set the launcher to vanilla ready before exiting, then install the 8.01 patch over v8.0. What are the exact filenames for the submod you're trying to install? If one is called just called DME_AUM.pack, then put it in data/DME/packs overwriting the original DME_AUM.pack. The launcher will take care of it then.

Also it'd be better if you made your own thread for this, maybe in the submods section.
    Last edited by Aexodus; December 31, 2017 at 05:28 PM.