Thread: [Question] How adding new texture on Attilla Total Wars

Default [Question] How adding new texture on Attilla Total Wars

Hi everybody !

I just want to know how can I, modify, by myself, the texture of soldiers on Attila total wars ? With photoshop or paint ? And then add it on the game ?

Wich software I have to use ? How ?

I can't found tutorial ..

Thanks for yours replies !

Lafayette01

Default Re: [Question] How adding new texture on Attilla Total Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Lafayette01 View Post
    Hi everybody !

I just want to know how can I, modify, by myself, the texture of soldiers on Attila total wars ? With photoshop or paint ? And then add it on the game ?

Wich software I have to use ? How ?

I can't found tutorial ..

Thanks for yours replies !

Lafayette01
    There are several things you'll need: Pack File Manager, Assembly Kit, and Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.net with .dds plugin.

First, Pack File Manager. This is an essential community-made tool to edit packfiles, and export/import thing out or into it. Download here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ry-WH2-support

Then there's the Official Assembly Kit. This have a nifty unit editor, and you'll need its BoB to process the .tga texture to the right .dds used by the game. To get it, Go to your Steam>Library>Tools. Install TOTAL WAR ATTILA - Assembly Kit BETA. However unlike PFM, it cannot edit or extract things from the finished pack, only create and pack from raw data.

Of course you'll need Photoshop/GIMP/Paint.net with .dds plugin to edit it. Its advisable to not import the edited textures directly into .dds, but as .tga to be converted by BoB.

When you get all three, let me know. I'll show you the steps.