Thread: Can this mod help me get rid of Aliasing?

Default Can this mod help me get rid of Aliasing?

For some annoying reason even the cheap ingame Anti aliasing isn't working for me. There is still jaggedness on spears etc while the rest of the textures just get muddy. Tried to forced it through Nvidia CP settings with both "Antialiasing modes- "Overide" and " Enhance" application settings (having the ingame one turn on and off alternatively) but no avail.

Can this mod help me with that ? I don't want any drastic changes in look just want the aliasing gone. If so what exact settings do I need to operate? Also the main thread ehre is missing some post install instructions. I suppose I need those first.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Kranos; December 01, 2017 at 06:14 AM.

Default Re: Can this mod help me get rid of Aliasing?

I would recommend Reshade which has a cheap SMAA filter:
    https://reshade.me/ (for Rome2 installation select 32 bit executable and DX11 API)

Make sure u reset all AA mode overrides in the driver and disable all AA in Rome 2 itself.

Besides that, if u have some GPU performance to spare (e.g. running > 30 fps) I would recommend trying out the virtual screen resolutions provided by the NVIDIA driver withe the DSR setting (google it for details).

Also, locking the framerate in TW games with MSI-Afterburner usually gives a much smoother performance compared to higher but unlocked framerate. That will often allow to run at higher resolution.