Thread: How to get proper Anti-aliasing ingame?

Default How to get proper Anti-aliasing ingame?

anyone knows how to get proper Anti-aliasing ingame without using that simple postprocessing FXAA thing toggle on/off that only makes all things muddy and you still have pretty visible jagged lines ?

Tried to force it through my 3d settings in Nvidia CP with both Enhance and Override application settings mode. I also use DSR but no avail.

Saw this old post for using a postprocessing utility
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussi...erformance-hit
    but I but I don't know how actual is it.

Are there more proper ways of doing this without affecting the performance too much. I only want antialising and no other graphic enhancements/filters. What are you guys using?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Kranos; November 29, 2017 at 08:42 AM.

Default Re: How to get proper Anti-aliasing ingame?

Use GEM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi Agathodaimon

isn't it possible to setup real antialiasing in R2 ? I cannot recall anymore if there was just FXAA, but I doubt that 4x MSAA or 8x MSAA are missing, are they?
    Afaik SweetFX has been deprecated and replaced by another technique https://reshade.me/
    I am sure that reshade.me might give you more options than GEM (SweetFX) based realtime filters.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Artifex