Thread: Roaming Heroes/Monsters

Default Roaming Heroes/Monsters

I've had this idea since Shogun 2: Total War came out. I wanted to create a mod that worked on the individual thrown into a world of war. In this case, creating a new faction, with the sole being a single general, who would be a horde faction, and align himself with other factions of his choosing by confederating with them. Kind of a Mount & Blade feel.

I didn't know how it would be possible, until I saw the potential from the Dogs of War faction mod. I've tried to use PFM, but with my work hours... I can sadly say that my working on it will probably show results in a month or so, but if anyone else wants to take a crack at it, they can, but I will try to work out what I can when I learn how to use the PFM a bit better. So far, I don't even have a real clue how to mod, but I understand what I want to do. I've got the strategy, just not the tactic.

Starting position should be someplace kinda neutral. The faction would start as a horde, not sure yet if it is possible for them to confederate into a standard faction, but I cannot see why not by taking into consideration Savage Orcs (like Top Knotz) can be included into the Greenskins. Now, as for the general? Could scale from all generics, agents, or legendaries. Creating a whole new skill tree would be involved for the type of individual. Then... Not sure, guess testing, and playing by ear?

Let me know if someone wants to help or just work on it themselves.

Default Re: Roaming Heroes/Monsters

Tried working on it, but ended up crashing in the loading screen twice. I'll keep at this. :/

Default Re: Roaming Heroes/Monsters

So far, working on the Monster part of the Heroes/Monster mod. Started the whole thing from scratch and tried to follow Magnar's youtube tutorial on how to create a faction, but still didn't seem to work. I know why, but not entirely sure how to tell the game what region should the starting faction appear in.

I'll upload the file in its incomplete form.
    Roaming_Monster.7z