Thread: Griffin's Roost, Seat of House Connington

Pinkerton's Avatar Praeses

Default Griffin's Roost, Seat of House Connington

House Connington
    of Griffin's Roost

Addam Connington, Lord of Griffin's Roost. Born 207 A.L.

Addam Connington was born in 207 A.L., the firstborn of Lord Jasper and Lady Falyse of House Wylde. After his father's death in 237 A.L., he became the head of his house and Lord of Griffin's Roost. He is married to Lady Tyana of House Penrose, and they have several children: Anders (born in 226 A.L.), Margot (born in 228 A.L.) and Elyana (born in 234 A.L.)

Addam is considered to be an ambitious Lord, who seeks to elevate House Connington to a higher status in the Seven Kingdoms. However he is also a proud and unforgiving man.

Humours
    Choleric: Bloodthirsty and Impulsive
    Sanguine: Confident
    +2 Battles
    +5% movement speed
    +1 rout against
    -1 detection rolls

Skills (+6)
    +3 Battles
    +15% Movement Speed

Family
    Wife: Lady Tyana Penrose
    Children: Anders (226 A.L.), Margot (228 A.L.) and Elyana (234 A.L.)

Levy

WIP

Upgrades

WIP

Last edited by Pinkerton; November 26, 2017 at 07:21 PM.

Gandalfus's Avatar Evil Space Wizard

Default Re: Griffin's Roost, Seat of House Connington

Prince Jaehaerys and Princess Shaera arrive at Griffin's Roost; the weather had been fair enough for the Prince to make the journey on horseback, as opposed to taking a cart. Doubtlessly the Lord's men had sighted them and warned their master shortly before their arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    Prince Jaehaerys and Princess Shaera arrive at Griffin's Roost; the weather had been fair enough for the Prince to make the journey on horseback, as opposed to taking a cart. Doubtlessly the Lord's men had sighted them and warned their master shortly before their arrival.
    The Princes were received accordingly to their royal status, with great pomp and luxury. While Princess Shaera was taken to Lady Connington, Prince Jaehaerys was led to Lord Connington's studio, where a bottle of DELICIOUS ARBOR GOLD waited for them.

"I am honoured that you decided to come, your grace."
    said Connington, after both had sitted down and had made a little smalltalk for some minutes. "I don't believe the Griffin's Roost has ever been graced with the presence of a Targaryen before."

"You do me too much honour, Lord Connington."

Smiled Jaehaerys, electing only to partake in a small amount of wine - imbibing more than a cup or two made his stomach burn intensely. For a Prince, he dressed in an austere fashion; a simple tunic in the darker colours of mourning wear. At his throat was the badge of the Hand of the King, an appointment that had gone largely unnoticed by many.

"The Roost has been here long before me, and I suspect it shall persist long after I am departed."

A pause.

​"Alas, I am being too morbid. It is a fine castle, nonetheless."

"Thank you, your grace. Some expansion to the castle is being planned as well. Maybe when you visit again in the future, it'll be mightier still."

The Lord of Griffin's Roost analyzed his guest carefully. He was not particularly an imposing man, quite the contrary. Frail, in a way.

"Will you be residing in Summerhall? Or will you return to court at King's Landing?"

"My duties keep me at court, unfortunately. The air in the marches is much cleaner."

No wonder King Daeron stayed there so often; beautiful countryside, and the fresh air had gone some way to balancing his humours again.

"I will be escaping back to Summerhall as often as I am allowed, I think. And I shall come to visit Griffin's Roost, of course, to see if you're as good as your word."

"A shame. Having a Targaryen stay permanently in the Stormlands would certainly soothe the spirits of many Lords in these lands. I will be honest, there is still some animosity due to the recent affairs."

Connington said, casually, even though there was nothing casual in what he said.

"So I have heard."

Replied Jaehaerys, a wariness detectable within his tone. His expression looked a little pained.

"But Lord Baratheon shall soon be both brother to myself and to the King. I can assure you he is our greatest friend in such times when there are few the Crown can trust."

He eased back into a thin smile.

"Yes he shall be brother to Duncan and you, but he could have been grandfather to a King." Connington was dead serious but then relaxed a bit

"I am just saying that the atmosphere here is of uncertainty. No one is quite sure what will happen in the next few years."

"He shall have to cope with merely being the brother and uncle of one, instead."

Retorted Jaehaerys, fingers toying with the goblet.

"I could only assure you if I held the power of foresight, but I am afraid I am as blind as the next man in regards to what will happen."

He answered honestly, with a frown.

"However, I shall do what I can to keep my brother's kingdom intact, my lord."

Connington nodded quietly

"Aye. That's all I ask." Addam mused for a second. "I enjoy your conversation, your grace. You seem like a decent man, it is good to know our King has a wise hand by his side."

"I am sure there are those who would dispute my wisdom."

He smirked at his own jape. Surely Tyrell and Tully were still smarting over the insult he had dealt them. But regrettable or not, it had happened.

"Nonetheless, I appreciate the sentiment, just as I understand that a lord must look after his own interests and future."

Connington didn't lie, the future did not seem entirely stable at present. He would have to remedy that.

"Then you are on the right track. Make sure the King understands that and his reign will be long and prosperous." It wasn't a threat but it definitely sounded a bit menacing.

"What about the other Kingdoms? I have not really spoken to any Noble Lords outside the Stormlands. How do they feel about King Duncan?"

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkerton View Post
    "Then you are on the right track. Make sure the King understands that and his reign will be long and prosperous." It wasn't a threat but it definitely sounded a bit menacing.

"What about the other Kingdoms? I have not really spoken to any Noble Lords outside the Stormlands. How do they feel about King Duncan?"
    "Likely ambivalent, at best."

Jaehaerys admitted. There was little point in masking or downplaying what Connington already knew.

"The Riverlands and Reach require some work, no doubt, but I am confident they can be won over."

He paused for a moment, and it was clear his mind was somewhere else.

"Perhaps... There is a spot on the Small Council still available. Master of Whispers, if I am not mistaken."

"I thought the King was very fond of the Tyrells. I saw them together in the Coronation." Connington considered the Reachmen to be pompous imbeciles, but then again he understood why the King wanted them close. They commanded immense power

"Master of Whispers? Is getting that post an insult or an honour?" The Lord of Griffin's Roost chuckled.