Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raventree hall, seat of House Blackwood

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Raventree hall, seat of House Blackwood

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrine View Post
    She laughed about him being a Lord. She certainly would bring in the bigger part of their fortune, but it was true. He was a lord now and would have all the possibilities in the world. "You certainly are a better lord then your brother. Stone Hedge should be yours." she said, but half jokingly - but in earnestly, she didn't know anything about his ruling. He might be good at it, for all she knew.
    "Why would he not be on our side? He and his bride are the king and queen of Hearts; the Commoners King, they call him. We could petition to him." she explained. "If he refuses, we get married there and then, without all the pomp and festivities. All that matters to me is that I can be with you. But a public marriage would strengthen the situation."

She giggled and bit her underlip. "We could leave immediately, if you want."

"Then let us go!"
    Rolund said, no longer able to keep the almost childlike excitement from his voice. "I have my own retinue and household guard encamped close by, with my coat of arms covered of course, and along with whatever men you have, we should be safe." He voice hardened then. "And if anyone seeks to bring harm to you, especially now, I will ensure that it is a mistake they regret." Then his face softened into a smile again. "Although somehow I feel they would get more than they anticipated with you anyway." He squeezed the hand he still held more firmly, and tugged her back toward the main castle. "Come, let us go see this Commoner's King."

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

The Lady Blackwood and the Lord Blackwood were summoned to their liege's halls at Riverrun.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

Rolund, who was in the habit of spending the majority of his time at Raventree Hall with his wife now, turned to Melessa after the raven arrived. "I'm not thrilled with the prospect, but we probably ought to go hear whatever he has to say, my dear, what do you think?"

Quote Originally Posted by Axis Sunsoar View Post
    Rolund, who was in the habit of spending the majority of his time at Raventree Hall with his wife now, turned to Melessa after the raven arrived. "I'm not thrilled with the prospect, but we probably ought to go hear whatever he has to say, my dear, what do you think?"
    Melessa folded the message between her fingers. "I don't think we have much of a choice. He is our liege lord and we will not give him any reason to mistrust us. I wonder why he wants to speak with us, though.." she anwesred. A good relation with their liege Lord was for everybody's best interest.
    "Call the steward to make preparations to leave."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12