Thread: MAARC LXXIII - Submissions Thread

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default MAARC LXXIII - Submissions Thread

Creative Workshop Competitions - Check out our sister competitions here on TWC! << Picture of the Week Competitions | Tale of the Week Competition | Monthly Writers' Study Competitions >>

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC LXXIII!

Eligibility

Two updates are needed since December 1, 2017.

Only one entry per person.

The first place winner in the previous competition cannot enter this one.

Only work that is posted on TWC is eligible to enter.

Writers' Study Staff have discretion to disqualify nominations where it would be unfair to allow them to enter, for example in cases of plagiarism.

If you have a question or want to check whether an entry is eligible, please send a private message to a member of the Writers' Study Staff.

Advertising

Advertising the competition is allowed. Inviting people to submit their writing is okay.

Asking for votes for a particular submission is not allowed and will result in disqualification.

Breaking the rules will result in measures at the discretion of the Writers' Study Staff.

Submissions

Authors are encouraged to submit their own work.

To enter, post on this thread with all of the following information:

• the author's name
    • the title (with a link to the thread)
    • a short description/teaser
    • the game(s) used
    • details (if applicable) of mod(s) used
    • details (if applicable) of faction

If you want to nominate someone else's AAR, you must ask for (and obtain) their permission before posting the nomination.

Voting

Six entries are needed to run a regular competition.

If, after a month, we have fewer than six entries, then we wait until there are three or more submissions.

Awards

• 4 points for the Winner
    • 3 points for Second Place
    • 2 points for Third Place

If the competition has fewer than six entries, then first place will receive three points and second place will receive two.

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the Writers' Study Competition Medals.

• 6 points - bronze medal
    • 12 points - silver medal
    • 24 points - gold medal

Default Re: MAARC LXXIII - Submissions Thread

reaper101
    To Rule the Earth (We Already Rule the Waves)
    Snippets and short stories from my current campaign, in the style of my previous AAR, which was the victim of a game-breaking bug.
    M2TW
    Stainless Steel 6.4, latest RBAI version
    English, Early Era, H/H.
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Artifex

Maltacus (appearing as Maltatai the storyteller)
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons
    Bickering Amazons and their allies battle stereotypical monsters and bigger monsters, clumsy angels and each other in their mad quests for fame and loot in my dearest old hacking and slashing role playing game Diablo II. Follow Snövit (Snow White), Rödluvan (Little Red Riding Hood), Askungen (Cinderella), Törnrosa (Sleeping Beauty) and Rapunzel on their politically satirical misadventures. For once and only once 100 % vanilla, as Diablo II is the only game I will never choose to mod.

Factions? Well, something like this...
    Snövit - liberal and capitalistic and snowy.
    Rödluvan - social and redblooded and fiery.
    Askungen - environmentally green and grassrootly decentralised.
    Törnrosa - enlightened and administratively topruling.
    Rapunzel - critically evaluating.

Lot's of singing too...

Last edited by Maltacus; December 20, 2017 at 03:09 PM.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

NorseThing's Avatar Primicerius

I cannot say this is the best AAR in this competition, but they say you cannot win unless you enter. I am proud of my first completed chapter of this AAR though and I would like it to be considered along with the great and established competition. Besides this gives a chance to once again show of the spiffy banner and signature created by Lifthrasir! Once again, thanks for the great art!

These tales are based upon the Medieval II Total War game using Stainless Steel 6.4 with the Bug Compilation v 1.27. Please read it and laugh and cry along with Lord Fleury the Bastard Son of King Phillip of France as he sets out on his first chance to please his father on a mission at the young age of only 14. Gosh, I was a brat in junior high school at that age and my only mission was to survive walking past the school's flag pole at the end of the day. As long as I am self promoting here is my blog post discussing my problems and challenges creating the Fleury character
    Last edited by NorseThing; December 20, 2017 at 04:45 PM.

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

La Fleur et L'épée: SS6.4 France

Almost two hundred years have passed since the death of Charlemagne and the division of his great Empire. The Kingdoms of France and Germany, and the Italian city-states, once the Frankish, Bavarian, and Lombardian kingdoms united under the Holy Roman Emperor are all autonomous powers. The Germans claim the legacy of Charlemagne, dubbing themselves the Holy Roman Empire, and the birthplace of the Empire, the Kingdom now known as France has fallen from glory. The ruling Capet family claim descent from Charlemagne but are not direct scions of the Carolingian Martel line. With the recent conquest of England by the Duke of Normandy, a one-time subject of the crown, and the expanding powers of both the Italian Dukes and the German Emperor, it seems France's time is running thin. Many of the Dukes and Barons have already begun to go their own way, claiming independence from the crown. However, there are those who will do whatever it takes to see France rise once more, and their time to act is now.