Thread: Barrow Hall, Seat of House Dustin

mic1402's Avatar Senator

Default Barrow Hall, Seat of House Dustin

House Dustin

"All to Dust"

An Ancient house that claims descent from the barrow kings of old. They Rule over the town of Barrowton one of the principle settlements in the north. They serve as dutiful vassals of the Starks. House Marsh of The Fever River and House Stout of Goldgrass are sworn to them.

Lord Criston Dustin
    Temperaments:
    Phlegmatic:
    Austere: This character disdains pomp and pageantry, instead preferring a plain & simple (the uncharitable might say 'rigidly spartan') lifestyle. +5% income, -1 Charisma.
    Reserved: This character is a stoic who generally keeps to him/herself and exercises strict control over their emotions. While this means they're not likely to make reckless moves in court or on the battlefield, they can come across as unfeeling robots to others. +1 battle rolls, -1 Charisma.
    Melancholic:
    Meticulous: This character loves to analyze situations down to the last minutiae before acting. On one hand this means they'll probably have a clear picture going in, on the other their decision-making abilities could easily become paralyzed as they spend too much time analyzing and not enough acting. +1 detection rolls, -5% movement speed.
    Traits:
    Battles +1
    Logistician +1
    Survival +1
    Wealth +2
    Duel +1
    Bio: Sullen and brooding, thin and pale with dull yellow eyes. Interests lie in the arcane, in myths and legends. A devout follower of the Old Gods.

Rodrick Dustin
    Temperaments
    Choleric:
    Bloodthirsty: This character is hotheaded and loves to jump into fights, lethal or otherwise. This is not something others find endearing off the battlefield, though. +1 Battles, -1 Charisma.
    Impulsive: This character acts before (sometimes, without) thinking. They might move and decide more quickly than others, but their recklessness can lead them to disaster as well. +5% movement speed, -1 to detection rolls.
    Sanguine:
    Confident: This character is very self-assured, brimming with confidence and difficult to shake even under pressure. However, taken to an extreme, they can show a suicidal disregard for their life and the lives of others, and fail to take...well, failure into account when planning. +1 battle rolls, +1 to rout rolls against this character.
    Traits:
    Survival +2
    Duel +2
    Battles +2
    Bio: The opposite of his brother. Large and strong. A bear of a man. Strength of arms is his specialty. Brave and hot tempered, gets into fights often.

Sheena Dustin
    Temperaments:
    Sanguine:
    Sociable: This character is an extroverted social butterfly, capable of making friends left and right. However, they have little time for 'boring' matters like finances, and are more interested in buying flashy things to show off to their friends than managing their wealth. +1 Charisma, -2% income.
    Confident: This character is very self-assured, brimming with confidence and difficult to shake even under pressure. However, taken to an extreme, they can show a suicidal disregard for their life and the lives of others, and fail to take...well, failure into account when planning. +1 battle rolls, +1 to rout rolls against this character.
    Phlegmatic:
    Empathic: This character is strongly attuned to the emotions of others and cares for them, making them great friends or kinsmen to have - but poor warriors and generals. +2 Charisma, -1 to battle/joust/duel rolls.
    Traits:
    Survival +2
    Duel +2
    Charisma +2
    Bio: A young woman that has her own unique beauty. Has learned to live a double life. One of a proper westorsi maiden and one of strong woman of the north.

TRADE

Consumed Resources
    First Trade Resource: (Small Marketplace Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Second Trade Resource: (Medium Marketplace Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Third Trade Resource: (Large Market Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Exported Resources
    Resource Name:
    Exported to:
    [insert additional slots as needed to organize imported or exported resources]

TAXATION LEVELS

(What is the taxation level)
    (What lords are being taxed)
    (level of revolt risk)
    (vassal action penalty)

BUILDINGS

TIER I:
    1. Small Trade Market - Gives access to the trade system, provides one resource to select to trade. 2. Market Square: +10% income
    3. (Coastal Only) Dockyard: +500 naval militia points, +10% income
    4. Militia Armoury: +500 Militia Points

TIER II:
    1. Medium Trade Market: Unlocks an additional trade resource, which may be kept or traded.
    2. Town Watch: +1,000 Militia Points, 5% cheaper professional troop hire.
    3. (Coastal Only) Large Dockyard: +750 naval militia points, 5% cheaper naval mercs, +5% income
    4. Merchant's Square: +10% province income

TIER III:
    1. Large Trade Market: Unlocks an additional trade resource, which may be kept or traded.
    2. Barracks: +1,000 Militia Points, 10% cheaper professional troop hire.
    3. (Coastal Only) Major Dockyard: +1,000 naval militia points, 10% cheaper naval mercs, +5% income

TIER IV:

EDICTS
    (List all edicts)

MILITARY

LEVY

Naval Forces
    Points Used: x/x

REGIONAL BONUS

Prosperity of the Barrowlands: Barrowton sits upon one of the most fertile areas of the North on a great plain near one of the tributaries of the Fever River. This makes it an idea location for commerce and trade. +10% land income.
    Ancient Barrows: Barrowton's ancient crypts hold the corpses of the Barrow Kings of old, with the Dustins even boasting that their crypts holds the tomb the First King himself, a symbol of their ancient lineage. It is a common belief that their spirits protect Barrowton from harm. -1 to offensive rolls against the castle.
    Last edited by mic1402; December 10, 2017 at 07:31 PM.
    Born in Australia, Living in New Zealand.
    "Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."
    "If there is no justice for the people, let there be no peace for the government."
    "The earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those who are killing have names and addresses."

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Barrow Hall, Seat of House Dustin

It is a quiet day when the turquoise banner of Manderly appears on the horizon. Riders, twenty strong, make a leisurely pace to Barrowton. The Lords of White Harbour had not ventured south for years, but the merman was often seen riding across the vast wilderness that was the North. When they came to the town proper, one of the party rode forward to bring his master's arrival to the attention of the Dustins who ruled the center of trade.

"My lords," the messenger said by way of address. "Lord Marlon of the House Manderly has come for words of friendship and prosperity with Lord Dustin."

mic1402's Avatar Senator

Lord Criston Dustin saw to that the Manderly's were to be welcomed warmly. A visit from fellow nobles was a rare occasion. A suitable feast was prepared, along with lodgings.
    "Inform your Lord that he is welcome" Lord Criston told the messenger.
    "Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death. To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."
    "If there is no justice for the people, let there be no peace for the government."
    "The earth is not dying, it is being killed, and those who are killing have names and addresses."

Marlon, short if not for the great mane which spread like vines from his scalp, presented himself before the Lord of Barrowton. At his side came two of his children: Lynara with her hair braided in ribbon of a dozen shades of red; and Torrhen, eldest son and heir presumptive bedecked in a knightly surcoat bearing a trident marked out with silver thread. The three scions of Manderly offered their host broad smiles, though only Torrhen's could pass for warmth. Marlon was not a man of eager sociability, and his daughter seemed to bear that same crux.

"Lord Dustin," the older lord of White Harbour said by way of greeting. "It is with good conscious that I see your hall so gilded." He paused to allow his children to say their own address, with Torrhen offering a wide bow and Lynara a polite inclination of her head. "And it seems I have arrived in time before your young self should be tied to another. The gods must be good then."

mic1402's Avatar Senator

"Indeed?"Lord Dustin replied. Down to business immediately then. "What is it you desire from me Lord Manderly?"

"Marriage, Dustin, marriage." The lord of White Harbour announced. "I would have you take one of my daughters to wife. They are grown women in need of a good man able to keep them satisfied in whatever pursuits they would allow into their heads. Am I mistaken in thinking that you would be such a man​?"

mic1402's Avatar Senator

Lord Dustin cocked his head quizzically. "You are offering your daughter... Lynara was it? in marriage?" He walked up to her studding her carefully. The traditionalist in him resisted this match. the Manderly's do not worship the old gods. But yet they do respect them and they have been in the north a long time. In addition... they were rich, powerful, and together the two houses would be able to rule the two long coastlines of the north. "i am pleased to make your acquaintance Lynara, tell me about yourself."

Marlon raised a hand to his mouth, scratching at the smooth skin as if it were rife with flea bites. He had heard stories of those who journeyed through the causeway, when the years of Summer had turned the very air into an ocean. An ocean black with insects.

"The pleasure is mine, Lord Dustin," Lynara replied, in the fashion of formal etiquette. "I enjoy riding, hunting. There are streams hidden from the Knife brimming with fish. My septa would take me there, to learn of the gods. Now I read there about the stories of the old heroes." She seemed to hesitate. "My home is bigger than yours, grander. Our great hall is so tall that..." The woman found herself cut off with the sharp crack of her father's cough. "I...Your hall is fine too. More, familial."

"Is my daughter not worthy of your hand?" Marlon pressed. "You may learn of each other in due time, outwith the troubles courtship would bring. Wandering eyes and untrue suitors." Other women, his eyes said. Other men, the lord might have been threatening.

mic1402's Avatar Senator

Lord Dustin turned and looked at Lord Manderly, puzzled. Was he trying to... intimidate me? "No Lord Manderly your daughter is quite worthy, i would be honored to take her hand." A crow that had been hidden in the rafters flew down and perched upon Lord Dustins now empty seat, it eyed Lord Manderly ominously. "I must ask, as one does not usually make such an offer without reason, what is it you want from me?"