Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Eyrie, Seat of House Arryn

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The Eyrie, Seat of House Arryn

“I trust you well enough with your new position my lord, you will manage things well in my name.” He grinned as the topic shifted to his young ward. “Yes, Yes. Your boy is of a good stock..” He remarked happily. “Sadly He never quite took to the sword, but if he squired under my son I’m certain he could learn a thing or two about that.” He strummed the desk with hisfingers. “He took well to the lessons and duty and honor, and feudal structures. As well, he took well to the maester’s lessons on math and markets.” Arryn chuckled with mirth. “I’m sure you will be happy to hear that.”

"Another bookworm like me, heh", Sunderland replied sarcastic, "And here I thought he would be more of a seafarer like Lothar. But well, nothing too tragic, I guess.
    Only need to search for the perfect bride and he'll be one day a good lord. I guess once this is done, I don't need to worry about my heritage and what comes after me.
    My first wife was a Templeton, thus her blood flows in his veins. Maybe this will help him in terms of his own reputation."

“You’ve already redeemed the Sunderland name my friend.” Arryn said with a serious tone. “He doesn’t need Tumbleton blood to have a good reputation. The name Sunderland has a pride to it now, in the Eyrie and all the Vale.” He leaned back with a sigh. “Tell me would you like to see you son? Your daughter is of course with Alys in the capital.”

"Of course, mylord", Lord Marq replied friendly, wheras he wondered where to find him, "Where is he?"
    Probably doing his lessons with the Maester, but well... Arryn probably knew.

While her army sets up camp in the valley below, Lady Hunter and her retinue begin the trek up to the Eyrie to meet with Lord Arryn or whoever is in charge of the castle.

The small group was ushered through the Gates of the Moon up past the way castles to the Eyrie. Once they had been warned in the reception hall the Lady was brought to Lord Arryn’s solar, suspended effortlessly over the valley below. “My lady Hunter! Beauty of the Vale.” He said with a smile, though their was a worry behind his eyes. “What brings you to the roof of the world?” He gestured for the woman to come closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dread View Post
    "Of course, mylord", Lord Marq replied friendly, wheras he wondered where to find him, "Where is he?"
    Probably doing his lessons with the Maester, but well... Arryn probably knew.
    Arryn looked to the sun. “Judging by the time of day he should be at his mid day training session in the yard.” Arryn replied with a chuckle at the thought of the boy’s swordsmanship, though it had improved. “Shall we?” He questioned, rising to his feet with the aid of his cane.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 11, 2017 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    The small group was ushered through the Gates of the Moon up past the way castles to the Eyrie. Once they had been warned in the reception hall the Lady was brought to Lord Arryn’s solar, suspended effortlessly over the valley below. “My lady Hunter! Beauty of the Vale.” He said with a smile, though their was a worry behind his eyes. “What brings you to the roof of the world?” He gestured for the woman to come closer.
    Felicia would bow to Lord Arryn upon being led to the lord's solar. "My lord of Arryn." She would say with a smile, moving closer to where Arryn was seated in his solar. "I heard that your house was organizing a hunt of one of the greatest threats to the livestock and farms of the Vale." her smile would fade slighty. "But it seems I missed the assembly of the hunting party, I guess pausing for a day to hunt the woods near Witch Isle was not the best decision.." "Although that boar we got was quite delicious..."

“Indeed, my Lady.” He weezed. “By now my brother and son must be past the bloody gate.” He replied. “And yet here you are now having to break bread with your old liege Lord, you know there was a time when ladies of court were more inclined to be around me.” He japes with a chuckle. “But I am certain you enjoyed a fine hunt in exchange for that delay?”

“Indeed, my Lady.” He weezed. “By now my brother and son must be past the bloody gate.” He replied. “And yet here you are now having to break bread with your old liege Lord, you know there was a time when ladies of court were more inclined to be around me.” He japes with a chuckle. “But I am certain you enjoyed a fine hunt in exchange for that delay?”
    "Unfortunate. I could march past the gate to provide reinforcements to them, or go hunt another clan, one that doesn't lurk around their usual location of the mountains and forests of Darkmoor. As surely if the ones in Darkmoor are stirring, the others will begin soon enough.." Felicia slightly laughs and moves to take a seat near Arryn. "Indeed, the boar a few of my retainers found had to be the largest one I've ever seen, and I managed to get two deer myself. If I didn't bring my men with me here, I probably would've had some venison or boar left over to go with your bread, my lord."

“You are more than welcome to, my lady, we must all keep a wary eye on the mountains. Clearing out Darkmoor won’t stop the clans, no matter what my brother thinks.” Jasper sighed. “Thousands of them wonder around in the hills waiting to take the riches they believe are rightfully their own.” He waved his hand as if to change subjects. “Yes, Yes. Meat would have gone fine with this bread, you will have to indulge me next I visit Longbow Hall, or perhaps the next time you treck to the Eyrie. I suppose this time we must make do with salted squash and tomatoes.” He laughed heartily. “How does your land mother fare on Witch Isle? It has been many years since last I saw her, I hope time has been kinder to the fairer sex.”

“You are more than welcome to, my lady, we must all keep a wary eye on the mountains. Clearing out Darkmoor won’t stop the clans, no matter what my brother thinks.” Jasper sighed. “Thousands of them wonder around in the hills waiting to take the riches they believe are rightfully their own.” He waved his hand as if to change subjects. “Yes, Yes. Meat would have gone fine with this bread, you will have to indulge me next I visit Longbow Hall, or perhaps the next time you treck to the Eyrie. I suppose this time we must make do with salted squash and tomatoes.” He laughed heartily. “How does your land mother fare on Witch Isle? It has been many years since last I saw her, I hope time has been kinder to the fairer sex.”
    "Perhaps I will go see what game, whether it be clansmen or beasts, resides in the Snakewood then, my lord." She then nods in agreement with Arryn's statement. "Just like how a band of hunters can drive away the game from a forest for a period of time before it returns or is replaced if overhunted, the clansmen will just move to a new region and then eventually return to Darkmoor...and of course, my lord. Hopefully the Seven will allow for myself or my retinue to find an even greater boar to provide meat for either situation." Felicia pauses to eat a piece of bread with a bit of tomato. "My lady mother fares quite well on Witch Isle, I intend to build a holdfast on the island sometime in the future, along with one or two near my seat to guard the main road and villages from the clans."

Arryn didn’t eat, he rarely had much of an appetite of late, with the weight of so many things resting on his shoulders. “A wise move my lady, keeps project power, keep men safe. I should know, I spent my time hiding behind five of them.” The Bloody, the Gates if the Moon, Stone, Snow, Sky, and of course the Eyrie. He laughed a slight, though began to cough shortly after. “Tell me, have you yet to think about remarrying my lady? Or have you found true love in the axe and bow?” Lady Hunter was famed for the numerous children she had bore, an impressive feat for a lady in such a prominent position.

"Indeed, my lord. Although I wonder, if you were to build another holdfast, would it be called cloud, peak, or something along those lines to fit in with the names of the three castles?" She slightly laughs at her remark, and eats another piece of bread and tomato. "Ehm..my mother has mentioned it to me a few times.." Felicia says with a bit of a hesitation. "But I do not know yet if I will, as you are partially right my lord, the bow may be my true love." she laughs, with a twinge of nervousness in her voice.

“Cloud, I like it. I hope you will not mind if I steal that one my lady, assuming the Arryn’s has need of it. I’ve hardly enough men to man five keeps.” He laughed deeply. “You should think of it, my lady, a husband of the right name can bring assurances. Though you have done a fine job of that in your own right it seems.” He said patting patting his hand down on the table. “Of course I would understand if you couldn’t, I could never bring myself to wed after my own wife’s death. And as long as I am lord of the Vale I will protect you from any unwanted suitors.”

Jacelyn’s First birthing was a long one, she spent nearly an entire day in her chambers. The Eyrie had been filled with her screams. Come the morning the Arryn household had grown by one, a beautiful baby girl with black hair and dark gray Stark eyes, though she had the facial features of an Arryn. She was named Lyanna. Some might have been dissipointed in a girl, but Jasper was elated by the appearance of his new born granddaughter. Another girl to spoil after Alys went to the capital to become a Princess.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

A signed and sealed missive arrives in the Eyrie inviting Lord Arryn to the capital to meet his Granddaughter and discuss recent events.

“Cloud, I like it. I hope you will not mind if I steal that one my lady, assuming the Arryn’s has need of it. I’ve hardly enough men to man five keeps.” He laughed deeply. “You should think of it, my lady, a husband of the right name can bring assurances. Though you have done a fine job of that in your own right it seems.” He said patting patting his hand down on the table. “Of course I would understand if you couldn’t, I could never bring myself to wed after my own wife’s death. And as long as I am lord of the Vale I will protect you from any unwanted suitors.”
    "You are welcome to, my lord. It would be quite fitting for it to go between Stone and Sky if I say so myself." She eats another piece of bread and tomato. "Perhaps I will put some more thought into it in the future, my lord, and thank you." She pauses for a moment. "I probably will, although finding suitors for the hands of my sisters is also as important."

“If I were six and twenty again I’d offer to do it myself.” He laughed. “But I’ve cousins that can do the job better at this point. If you wish it I can arrange something between my kin and yours.” He leaned back in his seat. “But, there are other worthy matches, the Hersys, the Royces, the Waxleys even. How many sisters do you have?”

“If I were six and twenty again I’d offer to do it myself.” He laughed. “But I’ve cousins that can do the job better at this point. If you wish it I can arrange something between my kin and yours.” He leaned back in his seat. “But, there are other worthy matches, the Hersys, the Royces, the Waxleys even. How many sisters do you have?”
    Felicia laughs at Arryn's remark. "Or if I was thirty years older, my lord. But I will say that being the lady of the Eyrie would be quite interesting, residing at the roof of the world, although I fear I would miss the forests and hills of Longbow Hall and the scenery of Witch Isle.." She pauses for a moment. "Perhaps as a matrilneal marriage, my lord...but a marriage to one of your distant kin would be a more than worthy match..as for sisters, I have two, my lord. I was thinking perhaps they could marry a Waxley or a son or relative of another lord elsewhere in the realm.."

He laughed at her retort. “Once you’re my age you’ll envy the youth you lost, being able to ride and fight all day and all night.” He chuckled, though it morphed into a cough. “Of course, my most well known cousin serves as the Lord Commander in Kingslanding, but there are many other Knightly Arryns that would surly take interest in a lovely and powerful woman such as yourself, if such a match would have your approval?” He finally took a slice of bread. “Of course, if you need my support I can see what I can do to find your sisters husbands. What houses in the greater realm interest you, politics among the kingdoms have been.. strained of late.”

He laughed at her retort. “Once you’re my age you’ll envy the youth you lost, being able to ride and fight all day and all night.” He chuckled, though it morphed into a cough. “Of course, my most well known cousin serves as the Lord Commander in Kingslanding, but there are many other Knightly Arryns that would surly take interest in a lovely and powerful woman such as yourself, if such a match would have your approval?” He finally took a slice of bread. “Of course, if you need my support I can see what I can do to find your sisters husbands. What houses in the greater realm interest you, politics among the kingdoms have been.. strained of late.”
    "Or in my case, wander the forests and hunt the creatures and clansmen who inhabit them." She nods. "Such a match for myself or one of my sisters would have my approval, as to be honest, I do not know of any other viable suitors from the nobility of the Vale." She thinks for a moment. "Yes, with the king's magistrates, surely some of the nobility are displeased." Hunter didn't really care about the magistrates as she has not seen on in her lands yet. "Perhaps a house in the Riverlands or Westerlands, my lord. Unless you have another region in mind.."

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast