Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Eyrie, Seat of House Arryn

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: The Eyrie, Seat of House Arryn

Quote Originally Posted by chesser2538 View Post
    Osmund Royce walks through the halls of the Eyrie looking for the beauty of the Vale, Alys Arryn, he carries with him a bouquet of mountain flowers and a silver bracelet with fine engraved runes and blue sapphire fittings. Eventually finding her on a balcony overlooking the mountain of the Vale he approaches. "I didn’t think it was possible for a girl to look better than you did the last time I saw you, but you pulled it off today."
    Alys wore a tight dress, with a white base and Arryn blue trim. She gave a smile when he entered, the Arryn knights set to guard her watching the man enter. You flatter me. She began, voice like the coo of a dove. This one was older than the others, she wondered if her father had arranged this courtship. Are those for me?! She asked, cheeks flushing red, she found herself thinking of young Liane. She’s too young now, but give it a couple years and.. How fares your daring search for the mountain clansmen? My uncle Hugh will discuss nothing else until they are “dealt with”. Alys smiled warmly, deep blue eyes studying Royce for any reaction. Maybe he’ll meet the sharp end of an axe, or plummet from a cliff, that would surly get father to relent for a moment.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; November 28, 2017 at 05:24 PM.

chesser2538's Avatar Senator
    Citizen

Giving her a warm smile now
    "Why lady Arryn, of course they are for you, for there is none who can compare to your beauty who would deserve them. For you are you the most precious of all precious things."

"Now regarding my adventures against the clans...
    Osmund pauses for a moment debating what do divulge, she was but a lady, but he sensed that lying would not be prudent
    "The search has been long and tedious, we ride out in search of bands and find nothing but freshly extinguished campfires and boot-prints, it is a queer ordeal, and unnerves me greatly. For if we know not what they are planning how can we face it"

"I fear that soon they will ride down in force and launch a massive raid against the houses of the Vale,"
    Sensing worry from the lady
    "Fear not Lady Arryn If I were to die and Gods asked me what I’d like to come back as, I’d say a tear; so I can be born in your eyes, roll down your cheek, and die on your lips."

Under the Patronage of the venerable General Brewster

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    "By appealing to the King, forcefully, if needs be. It is not treason to prevent a King from destroying his own kingdom. The proper course is clear - appeal to the King to enact law, to undo the disastrous laws put in place by his father. To ban depravities such as incest.

What will come next? A court filled with sycophants? Father marrying daughter? Yet more kinslaying?

It is time for we Lords to take responsibility as well - a powerful faction giving an ultimatum could go a very long way.

But before any drastic action becomes necessary, a series of marriages between the Great Lords of this land will send a very clear message that the interference of the 'Queen' is not welcome. It could stop the King doing anything disastrous preemptively. "
    I could find myself in support of new laws barring certain crimes against the Seven, though conflict against the crown may bring more bad than good. Particularly for your Riverlands, I can hide behind the Bloody Gate, you Riverlanders have no where to hide. He thought, but Jasper held his tongue, not wishing to offend Lord Tully. Though I doubt I can be of much help with marriage, my sweet child Alys already has a number of suitors vying for her hand and my son Jon is to marry Jocelyn Stark quite shortly. He replied, honestly. And the youngest two are too young to wed. Jasper didn’t particularly trust the Tully’s, nor their Tyrell allies. Their naked ambition seemed crass, but even unjust men can be right at times.

Giving her a warm smile now
    "Why lady Arryn, of course they are for you, for there is none who can compare to your beauty who would deserve them. For you are you the most precious of all precious things."

"Now regarding my adventures against the clans...
    Osmund pauses for a moment debating what do divulge, she was but a lady, but he sensed that lying would not be prudent
    "The search has been long and tedious, we ride out in search of bands and find nothing but freshly extinguished campfires and boot-prints, it is a queer ordeal, and unnerves me greatly. For if we know not what they are planning how can we face it"

"I fear that soon they will ride down in force and launch a massive raid against the houses of the Vale,"
    Sensing worry from the lady
    "Fear not Lady Arryn If I were to die and Gods asked me what I’d like to come back as, I’d say a tear; so I can be born in your eyes, roll down your cheek, and die on your lips."
    That sounds truly terrifying. She replied, rolling her eyes inwardly. I suggest you keep your mind on the Clansmen for the time being, lest you meet an unfortunate fate. She took the flowers from Royce hands and gracefully placed them into a vase. I have certain feminine duties I must attend to. She gestured towards her two ladies in waiting, both were quite attractive in a lower sense, and wore dresses that were considered risqué in the Vale. They are to help me try on dresses for my brother’s wedding to the Stark girl, it would be inappropriate to have you about.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    snip
    Davos nodded, as if eager at the proposals suggested. I must return to King's Landing with a match, he reasoned. Once the Red Keep had been filled to bursting with the great lords of the realm. Now, he feared that a position of power there would net him nothing but scorn, and children forced to be wed off to lesser men.

However, Robin leaped at the lord's words. "My Lord Arryn graces us with much too great an offer. Alys, a most sweet and ennobled name surely matched with a daughter just as loving. I would most gladly accept your blessings to court your eldest daughter, if I am proved worthy." He took a stride, placing himself at the foreground of the paltry crownlander party. "To that end I would swear myself to your House, a sword and a shield to protect your interests and win the affections of your most precious daughter."

Davos almost forgot himself, barely managing to keep himself from sighing at his heir's words. He has a long way to go, it seemed to him. "If you would have my son," he interjected, "As sworn sword or a castellan of one of your formidable keeps, with the intent to prove himself worthy of House Arryn, I would consider it a personal boon." He would have preferred Robin to make a more realistic desire than to remain in the Vale, but even Davos could not deny that the thought of wedding Arryn drew his most convincing smile.

Jasper shifted in his seat a moment. I will name you Knight of the Bloody Gate, and grant you my blessing to court my daughter. Lord Arryn announced, sending the court into a series of hushed whispers. You will serve as custodian and gate keeper until such a time as you wish to return home, I expect your time at the Bloody Gate to be spent improving the defensive fortifications and garrison there as the first line of defense for the House Arryn and all the Vale. He leaned back in his weirwood throne. Prove yourself and I am certain you will leave the Vale a better man for it, does this seem acceptable to you, Ser?
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; November 29, 2017 at 12:12 AM.

Aegon walked idly about the Eyrie. His lord had wandered off somewhere in the direction of the the rooms which houses guests and the family proper, or so he had been told. There seemed to be no place to even buy a drink.

Citizen

Osmund Royce as frustrated, it seemed the Arryn daughter was a harder to get than he thought. He had been attempting to court her for weeks now with little progress, never one to give up on the chase though he once again seeks her out. Finding her in a courtyard tossing rocks off a cliff he hesitantly approaches. "Lady Arryn.."his approach had obviously startled the girl as the next stone intended for the cliff went flying toward his head. Quickly sidestepping it smiles "careful that could have hurt. I was seeking you out to present you a gift. Reaching into his pocket now he withdraws a silk bag, he then proceeds to withdraw an intricately carved silver bracelet that is engraved with runes and set with blue sapphires. "I had meant to give this to you earlier, it has been in my family for generations, and is a token of my love" Giving the girl a warm smile he waits for her answer.

Osmund Royce as frustrated, it seemed the Arryn daughter was a harder to get than he thought. He had been attempting to court her for weeks now with little progress, never one to give up on the chase though he once again seeks her out. Finding her in a courtyard tossing rocks off a cliff he hesitantly approaches. "Lady Arryn.."his approach had obviously startled the girl as the next stone intended for the cliff went flying toward his head. Quickly sidestepping it smiles "careful that could have hurt. I was seeking you out to present you a gift. Reaching into his pocket now he withdraws a silk bag, he then proceeds to withdraw an intricately carved silver bracelet that is engraved with runes and set with blue sapphires. "I had meant to give this to you earlier, it has been in my family for generations, and is a token of my love" Giving the girl a warm smile he waits for her answer.
    It is quite lovely. She found actual admiration for the craftsmanship shown, and she nearly accepted the token. But at the last moment she pulled her hand away and sighed. I can’t take that from you. She confessed. You know my name so you pursue it, Ser Osmund, the second son of the former Lord Royce, catching a Falcon could do much for you.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; November 29, 2017 at 12:46 PM.

Citizen

Ser Osmund, felt himself warm in embarrassment, gazing now into the girls eyes "Lady Arryn, I woo for you because I desire none other, for no beauty could compare to yours. I seek your favor not to gain prestige for my house; for House Royce is already forefront under the Arryns, but because I truly desire it. This.. Osmund gestures now to the bracelet is but a small token of my affection. The runes read Love everlasting, Strong and Forever, One who holds my heart. The sapphire was once part of the runic crown, and if you look closely you will see that a white falcon has been set in its center." Giving the girl a longing gaze he waits for her answer.

After several days of languishing at the Eyrie, Argon departs figuring he was not needed

Ser Osmund, felt himself warm in embarrassment, gazing now into the girls eyes "Lady Arryn, I woo for you because I desire none other, for no beauty could compare to yours. I seek your favor not to gain prestige for my house; for House Royce is already forefront under the Arryns, but because I truly desire it. This.. Osmund gestures now to the bracelet is but a small token of my affection. The runes read Love everlasting, Strong and Forever, One who holds my heart. The sapphire was once part of the runic crown, and if you look closely you will see that a white falcon has been set in its center." Giving the girl a longing gaze he waits for her answer.
    She sighed, resigned. I will accept it, for the time being, Ser Royce. She said, snaking her fingers about the gift. You are a second son of House Royce, yes? She questioned. Tell me, if we were to wed how would you provide for me, for us..

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    *snip*
    There was a glint in Robin's eye as he offered the lord of the Eyrie a deep bow. "You do me a great honour that I will repay in faithful duty," he said in thanks.

"I am glad that this arrangement will bring you satisfaction," Davos added, reaching out to grip the shoulder of his son. "I will not forget this display of trust when I return to the Red Keep." The lord of Duskendale allowed himself a deep breath. "I would ask only a night to recover for the journey homeward, my lord of Arryn." And then back to bigger issues. And with that, the Darklyn's had finished their business.

Of course, you will have a fresh bed and your men will find shelter and supplies at the Gates of the Moon. Jasper agreed. I will have more permanent accommodations set up for your son, until he gets settled at the Gates of the Moon. Send my regards to the King my Lord.

Citizen

She sighed, resigned. I will accept it, for the time being, Ser Royce. She said, snaking her fingers about the gift. You are a second son of House Royce, yes? She questioned. Tell me, if we were to wed how would you provide for me, for us..
    "That is a matter that I planned to bring to your father, pausing for a moment in consideration and then deciding that as he had been honest so far it was best to continue. As of yet the lordship of the Bite is vacant, largely due to the ruin of Crow's Barrens. If your father consents I would ask for lordship of the Bite and help renovating the castle in lieu of a dowry, additionally I have funds owed to me from Runestone left to me by my father; contingent on marriage. Together this should be sufficient to see you well cared for. Sensing some hesitation on her part This all being dependent upon your approval of course, for what am I but candle next to the sun in comparison to you, I seek your happiness and affection and would move mountains to obtain it."

After his discussion with Alys, Osmund seeks out Lord Aryn to discuss the lordship of the Bite.
    Last edited by chesser2538; December 02, 2017 at 07:53 PM.

A raven arrives from the capitol: Lord Arryn and his household is invited to break bread with the King in celebration of his name-day at the Red Keep.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Lord Lothor Belmore, and his Grandson Albar arrive to meet with Lord Arryn.

With his position as Knight of the Bloody Gate secured, and the wealth of his title funding a large body of men to his own name, Robin Darklyn makes the ascent with an intent to woo a lady. Garbed in what he would consider appropriate attire - vivid burgundy and gold - Ser Robin makes to find the Lady Alys Arryn.

"That is a matter that I planned to bring to your father, pausing for a moment in consideration and then deciding that as he had been honest so far it was best to continue. As of yet the lordship of the Bite is vacant, largely due to the ruin of Crow's Barrens. If your father consents I would ask for lordship of the Bite and help renovating the castle in lieu of a dowry, additionally I have funds owed to me from Runestone left to me by my father; contingent on marriage. Together this should be sufficient to see you well cared for. Sensing some hesitation on her part This all being dependent upon your approval of course, for what am I but candle next to the sun in comparison to you, I seek your happiness and affection and would move mountains to obtain it."

After his discussion with Alys, Osmund seeks out Lord Aryn to discuss the lordship of the Bite.
    (I’ll answer with RP in a bit, but she’s gonna tell him he needs land before anything may happen)

Jasper could’ve found Manning his desk, he was flipping through some old manuscript entitled lordship. The man once loathed reading, but after his injury it began to grow on him. So absorbed was Arryn that it took him a moment to even address the knight, and when he did it was vaguely. “Funny that a maesters sworn and chained could write so much about something he had never done..” He began after a moment with a smile, with a smile. “Tell me Ser Royce, how goes your stay at the roof of the world, do you miss ground level yet?”

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Aquilifer View Post
    With his position as Knight of the Bloody Gate secured, and the wealth of his title funding a large body of men to his own name, Robin Darklyn makes the ascent with an intent to woo a lady. Garbed in what he would consider appropriate attire - vivid burgundy and gold - Ser Robin makes to find the Lady Alys Arryn.
    Once he had made the journey to the Arryn he was directed toward the courtyard, where (under guard) he saw Alys Arryn tending to the schrubbery.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot View Post
    Lord Lothor Belmore, and his Grandson Albar arrive to meet with Lord Arryn.
    After making the long and treacherous ascent Lord Belmore and his grandson are welcomed into Lord Arryn’s Personal chambers. “You’ve gotten old.” Jasper looked at Belmore serious, long and hard, before he began to break out laughing. “Old friend! How long has it been!” He Rose clumsily to his feet and made to embrace his vassal. “Last we saw of one another..” He recalled the tradgedy of his younger sister’s death. “Well.. better times now I suppose. And this can’t be my nephew, he’s a man grow already.”
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; December 02, 2017 at 08:30 PM.

Trot's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

"Aye that he is," The older man says, his once jet black hair was now steel grey, and his face was worn and weathered from the years. Belmore had always been an ambitious man, and his ambitions had been rewarded when his son had been married to Lord Arryns sister. "I admit the ascent is not as easy on my bones as when I was younger." He paused settling into a chair while his Grandson bowed politely to Lord Arryn.

"I am Ser Albar Belmore my Lord." He began a touch formally.

"I thought it was time for the lad to meet some of his kin in the Eyrie, his father didn't want to come however to many memories." The older man said a touch regretfully. "Young Albar here will serve you in Strongsong one day I am sure."

Citizen

Jasper could’ve found Manning his desk, he was flipping through some old manuscript entitled lordship. The man once loathed reading, but after his injury it began to grow on him. So absorbed was Arryn that it took him a moment to even address the knight, and when he did it was vaguely. “Funny that a maesters sworn and chained could write so much about something he had never done..” He began after a moment with a smile, with a smile. “Tell me Ser Royce, how goes your stay at the roof of the world, do you miss ground level yet?”
    "After a while the Eyries beauty grows on you, and I have come to enjoy it, just as I have come to enjoy your daughter. You spoke true of her beauty for she is the treasure of the vale. Having had the opportunity to court her these past few months I feel that the seeds of affection have begun blossoming." pausing for a moment, deciding how to proceed "Lord Arryn, I wish to continue this courtship, but I realize that I am without land or title, and to truly care for your daughter I need both. So I have come to ask you to consider me for Lordship of the Bite." Looking strait at the man now with determination "House Royce has long served the lords of the Vale, and our word is our bond, so when I tell you I would care for Alys with the utmost devotion, I do not take it lightly."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast